Le Redoutable class submarine (1931)

The_Coyote

Emperor
last model of the first submarine round (the upcoming two or three are bonuses [VII and a swimming SR71 (for troytheface)]). Lasted longer, because my modeling time is a little bit reduced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Redoutable_class_submarine_(1931)

the information are a "little" short in english, so if you can, read the french or german version

the model has 1083 triangles and 1448 vertices and a 256 skin

uses standard sub animation

scale for pictures was 0.6

DB: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9305

@ Xenomorph
thanks again for explaining how t oget a working alpha channel

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• demo_red.jpg
    demo_red.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 437
Very nicely done... a sure addition to my mod!

l
@ Xenomorph
thanks again for explaining how t oget a working alpha channel
You're very welcome. You could probably apply the same technique to the propellers of ships and the little extra pipes ont he conning tower (besides the periscope).
On a side note, I've noticed all your subs are always slightly to the right of center. For instance, on this model I put the keel on line with the y-axis by moving the model over 1.2000 units on the x-axis. It really doesn't make that much of a difference in-game, I'm just wondering why it's never completely centered.

You're very welcome. You could probably apply the same technique to the propellers of ships and the little extra pipes ont he conning tower (besides the periscope).

was my first try, so i decided to use it by parts which i would ignored otherwise, but with the small pipes, makes complete sense. The props, want to give them deep, so that they are visible from all side (i know not a lot people will regonize the difference, but when i make the model it´s so big ;) )

On a side note, I've noticed all your subs are always slightly to the right of center. For instance, on this model I put the keel on line with the y-axis by moving the model over 1.2000 units on the x-axis. It really doesn't make that much of a difference in-game, I'm just wondering why it's never completely centered.

:crazyeye:, must go back to an error i did by my second sub and because i linked all new subs in this nif to an animation (and "center" them to the keel of the old sub), it´s still there. hopeful i will remember and correct it by the next, thanks for the input (as i never regonized it)!

Another bug I noticed; the torpedoes come out racing straight down and from far below the sub (instead of from the bow).

iirc i changed the position by one of my first subs (and never changed it after) because sometimes i had the feeling with the right position the torpedos fly more like a rocket from the deck than a torpedo. But if it disturbs like it is now i can change it. ;)

:lol:
This model is like the real French Navy! Nothing but (engineering) troubles. ;)

:lol:
This model is like the real French Navy! Nothing but (engineering) troubles. ;)
Can't be... I didn't see a German flag flying anywhere over the sub! :p

Top Bottom