Disabling Building Prerequisites

redazncommieDXP

Warlord
Would you recommend I disable the building prerequisites for the AI? It's giving them a pretty big turn advantage, but on the other hand I don't want to be fighting warriors all the time. Is the AI any good at that?

I'd recommend it. The ai either spends no time building important prereq buildings, and doesn't have the units it needs, or it spends TOO MUCH time building all the possible prereq buildings, even the ones it doesn't need.

You overestimate the effect of AI No Building Requirement.

You think that the AI will swarm you now with advanced units and initiate an Axeman - Rush ? They won't.

Actually this condition just makes sure that the AI is able to mount the same units as you , but it really doesnt influence the number of units, because at first there is still the time to build one unit and second the AI is calculating with a fixed number of units anyway.

So basically when you activate this option you dont give an advantage to the AI but you simply undo a disadvantage that the AI has in normal settings.

Does the AI ever build the building prereqs? They must do eventually right?

Al

some of them they do, but only because of the other added bonusses they give (like health and happiness from hunting lodge). The AI doesn't recognise it needs them to build more advanced units, so buildings like stables aren't built at all.

I still really think all the prereq buildings need to provide some other bonuses, so that the AI (and human players) will want to build them. That's the approach my modmod takes.

I agree. Stables providing +1 health from horses for eg would ensure that the AI built these only when they have access to horses.

I'd like to see the AI build units without the unfair advantage of no building requirements!

Saying that, I'm sure I've seen AI build units requiring buildings. Axemen for eg... maybe it is because they have the nationhood civic. I can't be sure.

Hopefully this is something that Kael and his team will address :)

Al

couldn't it be set up, when a civ is in the hands of the AI, to either give perks (so they build) or benchmarks with tech to keep them from sending charitots at you when you're still running around with axmen? (I know the regular benchmark techs are there already, I meant more for those civs that beeline to higher unit making that don't need the sundry civ building...best example if archery ranges and boyers.

I always thought city scripts given to the AI by civ might work, but have no idea how to implement it so the AI follows the same logical lines some of us do, 1 capital 2 commerce towns 3 unit towns, etc.

I've always wanted to be able to give AI smarts by civ. civ4 is better than the other's in the fact the AI doesn't fall for the fient-attack anymore, but it could still be improved.

Top Bottom