Type VIIc

The_Coyote

Emperor
was a wolfshanze request (and by myself also).

Even there is already a type VIIc out, i wanted to make a new one. GM´s excellent model (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6369047#post6369047) features the type VIIc/42 (iirc), the late war version with a new tower (his version has already the main gun removed to raise the underwater speed), the early war version had a different tower. And second, when i think at a type VIIc, i have the movie "The Boat" in my head.

so enough text here is the early war type VIIc submarine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Type_VII_submarine

the model has 1426 vertices (i know, almost to much :( ), 1219 triangles and a 256 skin
(2 included: standard and U96, only differ in swordfish)

scale for picture was 0.8

uses gato - animation (not included, see thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270405 )

DB: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9367

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• Demoviic.jpg
    Demoviic.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 427
Excellent Coyote! Can't wait to try it out! Looks superb!

Great addition!:goodjob:

PS: You mean Das Boot, by Wolfgang Petersen, right?
Same thing... English translation is "The Boat". I speak English (and some German on the side) and I prefer to call it "Das Boot", but it's known by both names in America.

Yes i mean the film (but i prefer the TV-version, almost 5 hours :) ) by Wolfgang Petersen, choose the english title for the ones among us who don´t know the film ;)

Seen 'em both (the movie more than once).;)

@Wolfshanze: I figured as much (but I think it's cool both titles are known in the US... although "U-boat" isn't unknown, at least to an older generation. Wasn't entirely pleased with that U-571 flick though - replacing British heroism with American, for box office's sake, I guess. They could have used American actors talking funny - or just slipped in a US officer or something. Anyway, nuff said.)

Speaking of which, I saw a British movie with British actors trying to do a German accent... it was awful... is there something about the British that they can't pull-off a German accent? The British guys trying to do German accents sounded French or Italian or something, but definitely didn't sound German... it was funny.

Weird, because there's lots of British actors who do a great "American accent" (it's hard for me to think of an American accent), but I know I'm occasionally surprised when I find out an actor is English when he talks out-of-role and I go "what, he was English all this time?!?!?".

A beautifull little Boot indeed, Coyote. Good work, Herr KaLeu. ;) Actually the Type VII is my second favorite submarine. (My favorite is the modern U31.)

But I have an off-topic question.

Speaking of which, I saw a British movie with British actors trying to do a German accent... it was awful... is there something about the British that they can't pull-off a German accent? The British guys trying to do German accents sounded French or Italian or something, but definitely didn't sound German... it was funny.

I am curious: How does a german accent actually sound? I never figured out, how to mask mine. ;)

But I have an off-topic question.

I am curious: How does a german accent actually sound? I never figured out, how to mask mine. ;)
Well, it's pretty hard to tell you how an accent sounds on a forum... but I suppose the best way to stereotype the German accent in one short sentence (and I realize it's a stereotype with exceptions), but here goes...

The German accent speaking English (when pronounced), tends to have a problem pronouncing the "W" correctly, as it tends to become "V" in English, and the word "the" can often sound like "ze".

An American/Englishman may say:
"We are walking through the hallway"

A German speaking English often sounds like:
"Ve are valking through ze hallvay"

Slap me if I offend anyone, but my grandparents are full-blood German, I lived in Germany for five years, and I do speak some conversational German (though I don't consider myself fluent)... so I say the above with the utmost of respect to Germans!

How can some be offended, if I have asked about? :) Your answer is quite interesting: The "th"-problem was quite obvious, because it really was a horor back in school times. But I was quite surprised about the short sentence thing. I have to admit it's true, if I observe me closely. Perhaps it is because the structure of a sentence is quite different in german compared to the english one and you allways have to concentrate on making it right. Because I think the german language itself has quite a tendency for long sentences.

"Läszt sich denken!"*

(One would think.) Or:

"Meinste?"

(Yethink?)

Never thought I'd see a German speak in stereotype of his language. I don't think there is a language - not even, say, Latin - predisposed to long sentences, only people

BTW, Wolfshanze, your "Ve vere valking zrough ze hallway" sounds just like a line from a tremendously popular British tv series, where British actors would do French (accents), German (accents) and British (that is: British actors acting like they are British). Mmm, what was it called?

*Sorry. don't know the beta or ringel-S on my keyboard.

Never thought I'd see a German speak in stereotype of his language. I don't think there is a language - not even, say, Latin - predisposed to long sentences, only people

Well, all right. So lets say: Longer sentences than we use, when we try to speak english. Will that do it? ;)

"Läszt sich denken!"*

(One would think.)

If you don't have a "ß" it is absolutly all right to use "ss" instead. So it would be "Lässt sich denken". We call this letter "ß" "sharp S" or "SZ", but the correct replacement is "ss".

But I never heard the sentence "Lässt sich denken" in common spoken german. I would translate "One would think" with "Denkbar".

Well, all right. So lets say: Longer sentences than we use, when we try to speak english. Will that do it? ;)

Why, certainly. (It was humour, like in a joke, duh.):p

If you don't have a "ß" it is absolutly all right to use "ss" instead. So it would be "Lässt sich denken". We call this letter "ß" "sharp S" or "SZ", but the correct replacement is "ss".

But I never heard the sentence "Lässt sich denken" in common spoken german. I would translate "One would think" with "Denkbar".

Well, seems the Germans do have an odd sense of humour... I was translating into English, not the other way around. Anyway, that you haven't heard it doesn't mean it can't be said. (But then, my knowledge of German dates way back to my childhood days.) But you have no bjection to "Meinste?", I gather...;)

@Xenomorph: Thx! I'll try and remember.:D

Anyway, that you haven't heard it doesn't mean it can't be said.

Sure it can be said, formally it is absolutly correct german. All I am saying is, that in spoken german it isn't used frequently.

Very nice Sub :goodjob: May I ask, which unit you´ll create next?

Top Bottom