Attacko's Strategy Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

troytheface

Deity
Using the theory of catastrophism coupled with the butterfly effect the idea is constant conflict- one thing slamming into another thing and this affecting everything everywhere else geared at disrupting enemy unit coordination while maximizeing yours - movement. A message that informs you of a disaster (catastrophism) is a signal to attack. If these messages are too few then one must create a catastrophic event- stealing an opponents entire work force and pillaging every resource in one turn is about as close to nukes (optimal) as you can get

Following the natural progression of conflict and expansion it is easier if one selects an aggressive civ. The key is movement coupled with brute force to reduce the enemy's angle of defense. (Atecs, Celts are two top examples)
Build every city on a hill. If you see a blue circle suggesting a better spot ignore it. The computer is forced to calculate and display that circle. Only build cottages on hills. Attack early, and raze all enemy cities especially if they have wonders to prove you are ruthless and don't need their greedy non military making hammered building. Then settle on a nearby hill and convert any cottages to farms unless they are on a hill.

Have open borders to look at everyone's cities and have a stack of mercenary uu's you can gift to a weak civ under attack at the moment of declaration. Attack multiple civs on multiple fronts in rapid succession and have a trireme navy of death. There should never be a moment of non-movement geared towards conflict and expansion. If building -espionage- and up the bar and spy all over the place like demons sabotaging and stealing techs and taking gold, every mission that is currently available. then pretend your an at peace civ and raze the U.N. -with a sneak attack to ensure that the Manhatten Project - the best Project in the game gets built by you. Sabotage and nuke anyone close to any kind of victory and plan a huge invasion that is secretly doomed anyway so if it fails you don't care because it was actually a defensive invasion (or defensive movement)

Select Guerilla or Woodsman or any movement promotions as with Triremes and any other attack naval units. Horse/Sword, Rifleman, Paratroopers are the best by test - in stacks with a spy on attack. No lumbering siege. If your army is bogged down your navy (airforce) should be attacking and if your at Privateers they should be all over the place, luring, pillaging, and blockading.
If there is one turn without an aggressive , expansive move then you have failed and deserve to die. Great Generals should always be attached to a unit and should always lead any attack even against poor odds. you get more anyway so what does it matter and it makes the computer calculate and use memory to put up a sentence saying he died.

The tech path and trade should be anything military related. Religion should be skipped - go for the Shwedagon Paya (free religion) and Statue of Zeus at the expense of all other early wonders. If you fail and someone else gets them then capture that city and raze it forcing the computer to calculate the loss of a wonder. If you make it to the late game try to get to Facism and Flight and compose your entire army of Paratroopers and upgrade old units to SAM's. Nukes, cruise missles and fighters/bombers fill in the gaps for offensive/defensive maneuvers. Your navy should consist soley of subs (cruise and tactical missles) attack subs and transports. :scan:

ensure the Manhatten Project -the best Wonder in the game gets built by you.

It is not a wonder.

This thread made my day

Build cottages only on hills NOT
Settle on hills NOT
Wonders: only Paya and Zeus NOT
Or you actually want to warrant the claims?

I tried this out on nobel today. It works GREAT!

Joseph, don't knock it till ya've tried it. Anyhow, thanks in advance Troy. Looking forward to part II of this :p

I vote this one gets priority to be placed in the War-Academy.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Build cottages only on hills NOT
Settle on hills NOT
Wonders: only Paya and Zeus NOT
Or you actually want to warrant the claims?

Good sir, you've obviously gone mad. :mischief:

it is an excerpt from a gaming site. apparently "Attacko" was a legendary civ3 multiplayer that stopped playing much and wrote a few things on Civ4.
In so far as "warranting" claims, there are a few user reviews, one from this very board
"It works great" - Obsolete (noble player)
"I have been stuck at Prince forever, but after this quick read through i am playing (and winning) at Diety"- Jonathan Beckmier (former prince level player)

it is an excerpt from a gaming site. apparently "Attacko" was a legendary civ3 multiplayer that stopped playing much and wrote a few things on Civ4.
In so far as "warranting" claims, there are a few user reviews, one from this very board
"It works great" - Obsolete (noble player)
"I have been stuck at Prince forever, but after this quick read through i am playing (and winning) at Diety"- Jonathan Beckmier (former prince level player)

hhahaha:lol:

I love you obsolete. Just curious, what level do you play on Troy?

God, this "attacko" is ******ed. Let's dissect this step by step to humilate him, shall we?
Using the theory of catastrophism coupled with the butterfly effect the idea is constant conflict- one thing slamming into another thing and this affecting everything everywhere else geared at disrupting enemy unit coordination while maximizeing yours - movement. A message that informs you of a disaster (catastrophism) is a signal to attack. If these messages are too few then one must create a catastrophic event- stealing an opponents entire work force and pillaging every resource in one turn is about as close to nukes (optimal) as you can get

What a bunch of . .. .. .. .. Long, nonexistent words (catastrophism? :confused:) used to pretend as though the author knows what he is talking about.
Following the natural progression of conflict and expansion it is easier if one selects an aggressive civ. The key is movement coupled with brute force to reduce the enemy's angle of defense. (Atecs, Celts are two top examples)
Build every city on a hill. If you see a blue circle suggesting a better spot ignore it. The computer is forced to calculate and display that circle. Only build cottages on hills. Attack early, and raze all enemy cities especially if they have wonders to prove you are ruthless and don't need their greedy non military making hammered building. Then settle on a nearby hill and convert any cottages to farms unless they are on a hill.

Reduce the enemy's angle of defence. Wow....the natural progression of conflict and expansion? This is Darwin Award-level work! Try it in real life! I will nominate you!
Have open borders to look at everyone's cities and have a stack of mercenary uu's you can gift to a weak civ under attack at the moment of declaration. Attack multiple civs on multiple fronts in rapid succession and have a trireme navy of death. There should never be a moment of non-movement geared towards conflict and expansion. If building -espionage- and up the bar and spy all over the place like demons sabotaging and stealing techs and taking gold, every mission that is currently available. then pretend your an at peace civ and raze the U.N. -with a sneak attack to ensure that the Manhatten Project - the best Project in the game gets built by you. Sabotage and nuke anyone close to any kind of victory and plan a huge invasion that is secretly doomed anyway so if it fails you don't care because it was actually a defensive invasion (or defensive movement)

Hm. How do you plan on surviving when the AI comes after you? The Manhattan Project enables nukes for everyone, dumbass. And the bolded part isn't even coherent!

The tech path and trade should be anything military related. Religion should be skipped - go for the Shwedagon Paya (free religion) and Statue of Zeus at the expense of all other early wonders. If you fail and someone else gets them then capture that city and raze it forcing the computer to calculate the loss of a wonder. If you make it to the late game try to get to Facism and Flight and compose your entire army of Paratroopers and upgrade old units to SAM's. Nukes, cruise missles and fighters/bombers fill in the gaps for offensive/defensive maneuvers. Your navy should consist soley of subs (cruise and tactical missles) attack subs and transports.

No comment.

This trash makes we want to cry. For the sake of your respect, Troy, I suggest you stop quoting this idiot.

thank you for all the support and kind words. One thing in regard to the catastrophism theory (immediate change based on catastrophies) is that it goes hand in hand with the Foco theory (or in game putting a warrior on a wooded hill early in enemy land).
I believe there is a Scout first build or something.

ummm
you know they're being sarcastic right?
Or at least I am if I'm complimenting this. Did "Attacko" even play Civilization 4? Some of his comments are so far off-base...

thank you for all the support and kind words. One thing in regard to the catastrophism theory (immediate change based on catastrophies) is that it goes hand in hand with the Foco theory (or in game putting a warrior on a wooded hill early in enemy land).
I believe there is a Scout first build or something.

Is there any way I can change my rating of this thread from the 5 stars that I voted to 6 stars?

PS: Who the heck is Attacko anyway? :lol:

Riiiiidiculous, simply. I would give it 5 stars, had it not been completel . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

What? Why not 6 stars?

The tech path and trade should be anything military related. Religion should be skipped - go for the Shwedagon Paya (free religion) and Statue of Zeus at the expense of all other early wonders. If you fail and someone else gets them then capture that city and raze it forcing the computer to calculate the loss of a wonder. If you make it to the late game try to get to Facism and Flight and compose your entire army of Paratroopers and upgrade old units to SAM's. Nukes, cruise missles and fighters/bombers fill in the gaps for offensive/defensive maneuvers. Your navy should consist soley of subs (cruise and tactical missles) attack subs and transports. :scan:

Incorrect. You should be heading towards the religous path in order to "Trick" the AI into attacking you when it thinks you are "Weak" from the technology advisor. It's kind of fun -- the AI goes after a useless double-shrined holy city, razes it, while you can kill all their units that got injured and learn a bunch of new military techs from peace!

Perhaps you could add that in the article?

Thanks for the comments. i will pass them along. they in a sense are proof of the strength scale and breadth of written strategical prowess.

ummm
you know they're being sarcastic right?
Or at least I am if I'm complimenting this. Did "Attacko" even play Civilization 4? Some of his comments are so far off-base...

Ohhh the definition of irony gooblah :lol:
your earnest replies have made my day.....thank YOU!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments. i will pass them along. they in a sense are proof of the strength scale and breadth of written strategical prowess.

With all your big words you must at least think of yourself as an intelligent person (whether or not thats true we can all be the judge of that) so I would like to tell you that most people are playing with you. None of the articles are helpful and people are making fun of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom