The plain GEM - ancient resource

Genghis_Kai

GEM modder
The plain Giant Earth Map - with ancient resource allocation

This is the thread to discuss and update anything related to the development of the plain GEM (with ancient resource allocation).

Description
This is the original version of GEM. Resources are allocated before the exchange of resources between the old and new world after the 15th century.

Resources:
Most resources represent the real things except:

There were two animals called "llama" and "Alpaca", which were domesticated by native americans, like Sheeps and Cows from the Old World. So what I thought was, to take away only sheeps from the North American and Cows from the South American, to represent these animals. For Oceania, since there was no domestication, I've moved the stat for sheeps to deep, to represent Kangaroos and Emus, that Australia has plenty.

On the otherhand, the old world has yet to have corn, a resource originated from the new world.

The 36 civs
Spoiler :

America
Arabia
Aztec
Babylon
Hungary
Carthage
Australia
China
Yue
Egypt
England
Ethiopia
France
Germany
Greece
Poland
Inca
India
Mughal
Japan
Khmer
Korea
Mali
Maya
Mongolia
Native America
Netherlands
Turks
Persia
Brazil
Rome
Russia
Spain
Israel
Scandinavia
Zululand

For some reason, I don't see the screenshots. All I see is:

Version 5.0 screen shots 5

For some reason, I don't see the screenshots. All I see is:

Version 5.0 screen shots 5

Because I haven't uploaded them yet ;)

I'm from west US and I see Alpacas and Llamas al the time. Seemed funny you have to "" them. Anyways Alpacas are known for their extremly fine wool so they are definitely to be represented by Sheep. Also i have not done any research but i believe both these animals were more centered around south America. Alpacas especially, and i don't think they ever really got past Mexico at best. However the Buffalo were very important in central North America even if they were always hunted and only domesticated in modern times, that are an animal quite similar to cows. (west of the great lakes in the foothills and plains east the rocky mountains)

I'm from west US and I see Alpacas and Llamas al the time. Seemed funny you have to "" them. Anyways Alpacas are known for their extremly fine wool so they are definitely to be represented by Sheep. Also i have not done any research but i believe both these animals were more centered around south America. Alpacas especially, and i don't think they ever really got past Mexico at best. However the Buffalo were very important in central North America even if they were always hunted and only domesticated in modern times, that are an animal quite similar to cows. (west of the great lakes in the foothills and plains east the rocky mountains)
Thanks for the info. I think you are quite correct about Alpacas and Llamas. From pictures, they look more like a sheep than a cow to me too.
The only reason why I make them as cow in N. America was to give a bit more different resources to the Americas as a whole.
In regard to Buffalo, although it might be true than it is more similar to a cow, but they are never domesticated. They are only a hunted food source. It doesn't seems to be appropriate to represent them as cows which can build a pasture.

The ancient resource map will also be updated according to the changes mentioned in the modern resource map. In fact, I will go through each scenario to synchronize each scenario to the new changes.

Top Bottom