Saab 35 Draken

The_Coyote

Emperor

Attachments

• Draken_demo.jpg
    Draken_demo.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 551
Finally, I have been waiting for this plane for quite some time, nice one :)

I don't like the gloss... ever :p

I've make a skin for Denmark but... i can't see my work because of these damned gloss :cry:

I can't launch the game at work then... only NifSkope :(

Attachments

• drakendenscreen.jpg
    drakendenscreen.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 132

@ JF00

try nifviewer, there the model is shown without the omnipresent gloss, or for looking at the model in Nifskope, delete (or move to a different folder) the environment_fx_greymetal.dds

btw, did you already released the east germany Mig 21 skin?

Just make the gloss map darker (a lot - the brightest areas should be around 70% Black) and increase contrast.

Edit. I Think there is something wrong with the how the gloss map and enviroment are applied. It the Enviroment overlay remains at full intensity, regardless of how black the gloss map is.
(Btw. The Enviroment map does not show at all in NifViewer).
But it looks ok in the game...

Edit Again: Just looked at the Default Jetfighter in nifscope - looks the same - the gloss map is too strong. Disregard the above comments (but the gloss map could still use some more contrast - making the enviroment reflection less uniform)

Thx for the infos

The texture looks good with this zoom (on the screenshot) but it's not perfect with maximum zoom then i'll work on it tomorrow ;)

@The_Coyote:

I've forgotten to add east german MiG-21 to the DB file, thanks !!

MiG-21 file updated ;)

Attachments

• drakendenscreen.jpg
    drakendenscreen.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 139
It was a cool plane I have see it many times, together with some Mig-21Bis. I have waited for this one its one of the weirdest looking one ever made but it was top of the line at the time. Now its only the Jas 39 that's missing and the latest E edition seems to be a good plane.

The Finnish one can carry both Sidewinder and AA-2 Atoll and had two additional hard points. And served from early 70´s to 2000 so it had to be quite good when only two where lost, and it had a very short take of requirement of 650 meters so its perfect to operate from public roads, that Finland and Sweden did.

@JF00
thanks for uploading the mig21, looks good. the danish version looks promising, btw. you can make the swedish also if you want and have time, i will have no time to make the skin until next week (and can´t even say for sure, that i will have time than).

@Refar
thanks for your inputs, i´m still learning how to use the gloss effective (and i´m still lucky to be able to make shader models now - and surprised how they change the ingame look)

@arithegreat

JAS 39 - whos knows what models the future will bring ...

@JF00
thanks for uploading the mig21, looks good. the danish version looks promising, btw. you can make the swedish also if you want and have time, i will have no time to make the skin until next week (and can´t even say for sure, that i will have time than).

Ok i'll make the swedish one too, no problem ;)

The Draken was much cooler, the the Eruofighter!!!

The Draken was much cooler, the the Eruofighter!!!
Yeah, but I still love the old SAAB JA 37 Viggen over the Draken (for looks anyways).

Yeah, but I still love the old SAAB JA 37 Viggen over the Draken (for looks anyways).

Yeah it looks better, and it has better computers and datalink, and a fighter and attack plane all in one. But it did not sell that well India wanted to buy but Saab could not get export permit from Pentagon.

How about the Finnish one ?

Yeah it looks better, and it has better computers and datalink, and a fighter and attack plane all in one. But it did not sell that well India wanted to buy but Saab could not get export permit from Pentagon.
Why should Sweden care about what the Pentagon says? They are a sovereign state not beholden to the decisions of a foreign military body.

Why should Sweden care about what the Pentagon says? They are a sovereign state not beholden to the decisions of a foreign military body.
If you read the Barak thread, you'll know the US is in total control of European affairs, which is why all Europeans vote in US elections! Barak would also like to raise taxes in Europe too... No taxation without representation! :groucho:

Top Bottom