Finnish Infantry pack including:
- Infantry with Riffle
- Infantry with Mp-40
- AT Infantry
- Machine Gunner

based on
http://www.mannerheim-line.com/fire-and-ice.htm

Great Thx to
Chugginator - for his Polish Infantry wich was base for making uniform and for Waffen SS unit (I've cutted his head
Zerver - for rebones of AT unit (that i found in Hungarian ww2 pack)
Snafusmith for Machinepistole 40

Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9684

Finnish (Viking) Warlord (WW2 Era)

Finnish (Viking) Modern Warlord
Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
based on:
http://heninen.net/miekka/mannerheim.jpg

V 2.0
- Fixed red glow problem
- Less memory usage (1 texture instead 4)
- New Luger
- Fixed Ambient Light of the materials.

Great Thx to
Chugginator - for his Polish Infantry wich was base for making uniform
The_Coyote - for fixing problems with red glow.

Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9743

Finnish (Viking) Infantry II (WW2 Era)

Finnish Infantry II pack including:
- SAM Infantry
- Paratrooper
- Winter Camo Infantry
- Cavalry

based on
http://www.mannerheim-line.com/fire-and-ice.htm
http://www.mannerheim-line.com/fire-and-ice01.htm

Great Thx to
Chugginator - for his Polish Infantry wich was base for making uniform and for Waffen SS unit (I've cutted his head ;)

Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9791

Very nice!

Nice units. I'm sure they will find a place in TR mod. ;)

:goodjob:

Thx :)

BTW do you have any suggestions for Paratrooper/Marines infantry? Very Preferavly ww2 era?

BTW do you have any suggestions for Paratrooper/Marines infantry? Very Preferavly ww2 era?
You already did it... I'm using your "Infantry with Mp-40" as Finnish WWII "Marines".

Ok - i couldn't find a pics - so i give up - i'll aslso use those unit as marine (coastal jaeger/ Uusima Brigade) in 1939 mod.

BTW Warlord Mannerheim is on the way

Ok - i couldn't find a pics - so i give up - i'll aslso use those unit as marine (coastal jaeger/ Uusima Brigade) in 1939 mod.

BTW Warlord Mannerheim is on the way
I don´t think that its so much difference at that time, they only has better equipment and training. There are some pics but they are from 1917 they uniform might be similar but the guns are way better

I think that they navy would need its coastal defence ship Ilmarinen and Väinämöinen instead of jeagers ;) Or why not the latest Hamina class :D

Well, i couldn't find much pics even when used finnish words in searches. I think there wasn't many marine or paratrooper forces in our country at WW2 - it was mainly land war for us and russia had much more planes than we did so using paratroopers would have been quite risky. Maybe Marines or Paratrooper could be replaced with finnish commando troops (skis / snow camouflage was common too). Another possibility is grenadiers with molotoff cocktails which were effective against tanks.

Some equipment pics (planes mainly) from The Winter War (WW2)

Well, i couldn't find much pics even when used finnish words in searches. I think there wasn't many marine or paratrooper forces in our country at WW2 - it was mainly land war for us and russia had much more planes than we did so using paratroopers would have been quite risky. Maybe Marines or Paratrooper could be replaced with finnish commando troops (skis / snow camouflage was common too). Another possibility is grenadiers with molotoff cocktails which were effective against tanks.

Some equipment pics (planes mainly) from The Winter War (WW2)
I second that, how about "Stella Polaris" radio operators was maybe the only ones that used ships to outside soil and they where a important resource in the war, it would be like a recon unit that would use a small boat and have a radio and maybe a hand gun.

Modern Warlord - more info in first post :)

I'll try to make ski infantry (with ski on the back because i don't 3d animations well.

Modern Warlord - more info in first post :)

I'll try to make ski infantry (with ski on the back because i don't 3d animations well.
Wow Asio... that's fantastic work... say... does he have that darn "faceglow" issue? Can't really tell in the pic. Really nice work either way! :goodjob:

What issue?
It has glow (like other generals) and it makes head more red.

It has small problems with arms - the AT missed some bones, and i couldn't fully fix the arms - but many rebones has similliar problems.

What issue?
It has glow (like other generals) and it makes head more red.
You must have missed this conversation about the Japanese General I made.

All great people have the red glow... all great people do NOT have the red glow in front of their face.

That great person red-glow, by default, is BEHIND THE HEAD... so the air around them is glowing, not their face itself.

Some custom great people, however, the red glow shines-through or is on-top of their face, distorting the color of the entire head from what it should look like (something to do with swapping custom heads). This can be fixed... I'm not 100% sure how, but I know both Chuggi and Coyote know the secret way (as both have fixed these issues before).

As an example of how big a difference it makes, here's before and after shots of my Japanese General in-game with the face glow and without it:

With the FaceGlow:

Without the FaceGlow:

Exact same model in both... just the "faceglow" issue was fixed.

See the difference? It's worth fixing, since it brings out the best of your model (which I can tell looks great!).

i cane move the glow behind the head. Does it work?

i cane move the glow behind the head. Does it work?
This is DEFINATELY worth fixing... the model looks so-much better with that glow issue fixed... as we all know, I'm not the best model maker around here (I don't even do any), so I'm the wrong guy to ask... you might PM Chug or The Coyote on the specifics on how to fix it. Coyote fixed my Jap General, and the look of this model is GREAT (I can see reskins of this model for Italy and Spain for starters).

If the base NIF can get fixed so the glow issue isn't an issue anymore, that would be great.

Here's what Chug said briefly about how to fix it:

Chugg said:
To fix it you need to export it from a 3D program as a "complete" unit rather than just attaching the head later in scene viewer. As wolf said, anyone that can do this go for it. If not, I'll finish it off eventually.

There's also more discussion of it, and how to fix it in my Japanese General thread.

I hope you can fix it Asio... let us all know when/if you can fix this model! It really looks great!

the "problem" is, all nodes (and objects) lower in the three are effected by the glow, the body is outside the three (and riggeds to the nodes) where the effect is and so not affected, the head in a child of the head node (bone), lower in the three than the effect and so affected.

One solutions is (what i did by the japanese warlord), linked the head to to the head bone (rigged the vertices in blender) and inserted the head outside of armature nodes, made the old head transparent (cleared the texture of the original head and added alpha to the original model)

Second solution (what i did now and is a lot easier - why i hadn´t this idea before :gripe:), because only object deeper in the three are affected by the attached affect, i moved the effect deeper in the three (you general was so nice and hade already a node deeper than the head - the second head bone) in nifscope and changed the position to roughly match the original one (now the effect should move with the head, but this shouldn´t be too disturbing). [Edit: it seems to be not that easy, while trying again on a different model, it only seemed to work when the node with the effect is the first child and has also a flag (i used 16 - because it worked here - but i have no idea what flags means or does). Also no idea if both is necessary, because i made both changes to the same time. And perhaps is good to say, it´s important to resize the effect, the head is shrunken and the childs also (without resizing the effect is not visible)]

i hope you have no problem when i attach the nif (the skins are not included - so you still need the original textures). Please post when i can (or should) delete the file.

Edit2 (14.06.): now he looks really great! :) (also attachements removed)

Thx The_Coyote - i started to fix it yesterday but i broke something :) You save my time. You may delete file :)

V 2.0
- Fixed red glow problem
- Less memory usage (1 texture instead 4)
- New Luger
- Fixed Ambient Light of the materials.

Top Bottom