REX Queen Cathy: Because once is NOT enough!

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Welcome to my next RPC, REX Queen Cathy, No fury like a Woman Scourned. Or should I say her second RPC game, since the first one was an isolated start and did not fully demonstrate her "ABLILITIES" to REX with other AIs!!THese games are meant to be fun and hopefully educational. Here we plan to play a game where Catherine aggressive REXes as mush as her economy can handle (and probably more). We want to see if we can expand unlimitlessly peacefully and still build a stronge game. Imperialistic (fast settlers) and creative (fast border pops, fast libraries).

The flip side is this, Cathy is VERY friendly!!!! She will NOT expand by war, HOWEVER, if an AI ever DoWs on her she must completely destroy that civilization by the end of the game. She can bide her time, but can never trade nor open broders with that AI again.

same Rules as before

1) REX. Enough said!
2) Vengence. She's a woman, enough said!
3) During war she has the option of keeping cities which is preferred, but reserves the right to cast off useless cities.
4) All victory options open.
5) She can NOT intiate a war but can certainly use diplomacy and espionage to cause chaos (she's a woman after all!).
6) She is allowed to spin off colonies, especially if an archeopolego map pops up.

Settings

2 Hemisphere standard Map
Temperate climate (because Cathy likes nice weather)
Marathon speed
Monarch difficulty.

Our REXing Queen.

And the map

GOLD for the lady! She surely knows what to do with that!

Move the scout onto a hill to see if moving the settler 1w would be a good idea.
Settling on a flood plain means that one less flood plains cottage or farm!

Suscribed (10char)

With her trait combo, you might say she's a TYRANOSAURUS REXER!

If I did this I'd probably just AP it. I really love war in this game, so being unable to initiate it would be a big problem for me :(. I HATE space and culture wins a lot. I leave them on because the game is more challenging that way of course, but I just can't stomach pursuing them...the war horn calls...

I usually can't even get out of diplomatic games without wiping someone out or taking 1/3 of the world.

Its the best way to win diplomatically, kill everyone who doesn't like you

Very hard to do if you can't initiate wars ;).

There is always the AP war against the infidels. Vote no and if it passes you get dragged in.

Very hard to do if you can't initiate wars ;).
You can try to goad them. Keep your power down by having hidden units prebuilt in your queues. Obviously after 10 turns you have to let them complete or you start decaying.

Also make unreasonable demands from them.

Typically it isn't too hard to "initiate" a war that starts out as defensive if you push for it.

Of course you risk some dogpiling, but keep your diplomacy in shape and be quick with the bribes when the war comes.

settle in place, ag-wheel-pottery-bw-ah? that's if you want to grow to max size then expand. if you want to expand earlier bw-ag-ah-wheel-pottery? or ag-bw-ah-wheel-pottery (that's my usual cathy inland opening tech order).

starting with scout-worker is a reasonable plan if playing on normal speed, but on marathon as long as you can keep your scout alive you probably wouldn't need a 2nd one. worker then grow with warriors or add in worker/settler depending on how fast you want to claim land (may depend on what scouting reveals).

You can try to goad them. Keep your power down by having hidden units prebuilt in your queues. Obviously after 10 turns you have to let them complete or you start decaying.

Also make unreasonable demands from them.

Typically it isn't too hard to "initiate" a war that starts out as defensive if you push for it.

Of course you risk some dogpiling, but keep your diplomacy in shape and be quick with the bribes when the war comes.

Believe me this occurred to me, but if I were playing this I'd really rather not. It's more effort than I'd like, and there are other ways to win. On monarch the REX power will probably be sufficient to get an unreasonable amount of cities and just tech to space since we're talking about Cathy here.

Move scout NN or NWNW for max overview. I'd settle in place or 1N. I think I can see deserthills west, so that is probably not a good idea to go. And since we're CRE, having gold and oasis in 2nd line of BFC is not a huge problem, since we will pop after... Is it 7 turns on Marathon? 8?

Top Bottom