Help us test these test beta URLs

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Guys,

We are in the process of setting up a new box for the site. Please help us test these beta URLs:

<< testing has ended. thanks. >>

NOTE: Please don't upload any files using these beta links, since any uploads will be lost.

Thanks.

PS: For those of you who have been having trouble accessing the site, let me know if you can access these URLs.

Yeah, feel free to browse around. We want to give the new server some load. :)

They point to the same DB server, that's why you see the post in both places. It's the web server that's different.

BTW, I noticed an issue with some main site pages in the beta link. Some take me to the old version page. I have informed Telefragged about it.

Hi ,

all works perfect , tested it with a few comps from different loc's

Have a nice day :)

a Q , you really want to give it a load , .... well what about 150+ comps all at ones :confused:

sorry Thunderfall , the site was down a few min , .... we tried with a few comps

Works fine for me, and it looks like it's faster too...

Is there anything you'd like us to check in particular ?

Works fine for me, and it looks like it's faster too...

Is there anything you'd like us to check in particular ?
Just browse around and generate some activities. :)

Maybe even bookmark it and use those URLs to access the site for the next couple days, if you don't need to upload files.

We are having 900 users online at the moment and the speed is a bit slow. But if you use http://forumsbeta.civfanatics.com , the speed should be much faster.

I tried from home last night and they all did not work, but I can access them just fine from the office, same as the main site.

I didn't have time to run tracerts and check everything yet but I will do so soon.

So much faster, slowness used to be the only major problem with this forum. Now we need to find something else to complain about...

yap been having a very fun wait posting verbose reports for sg's hehe. Always exciting when you authored it inside the reply box and not in an external notepad :eek:

New links came up super fast and will keep hitting them every so often. :goodjob:

Cheers!
-Liquidated

Been browsing using the new links since last night, and they are indeed much faster.

I agree. I never had much problem with the old links but these are noticebaly faster. The difference is minimal when just browsing, but when I post a message using 'quick reply' it appears almost instantly where as it used to take 5 -10 seconds.

Top Bottom