DMI XI - Hyborem's Whisper (FfH2)

·Imhotep·

Legendary Builder
Hi guys (and ladies),

welcome to the 11th installment of the DMI series. Recently I've been playing some more FfH, and in the wake of our grand success with DMI IX - the Vampire Lord and the Tower of Mastery I'll try my hand at another scenario I long had in mind. We'll try to bring on Armageddon and thus living hell to Erebus as Hyborem himself ! Let's please our master Agares and turn the world into a burning mess, shall we ? :devil: :)

The DM SG etiquette applies for this SG as follows:

Spoiler DM SG Etiquette :
Alpha: It's the report, stupid! We’re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win. Reports should be detailed, with plenty of screen shots and player commentary, explanations, musings, etc; a bare-bones/no commentary, auto-log dump will not suffice. Shots of the F9 screens and overview shots of the empire are nice too, once in a while. If you can't commit to creating quality reports, please do NOT sign up.

Bravo: Let the RNGod Be Your Guide. We will not be using specified turn length for sets in games,i.e., play 10 turns, 15, etc. Turnsets will be determined by in-game events, whereby each person will play until a “significant stopping point.” This could be a tech discovery, end of a GAge, end/beginning of war, birth of a GP, etc. Trust the RNGod to show you the way during your set. However, please play no less than 10/15, no more than 20/30 turns per set (Normal/Epic speed).

Charlie: Punctuality rocks! “24/48” means post a "got it" within 24 hours of when the last save was posted, and play within 48 hours of that ‘got it.’ The ghost of GreyFox guides this rule, so be forewarned. Skips and swaps are fine, but try to let us know sooner, rather than later; waiting 47 hours to ask for a skip is lame. Punk out two times in a row, and you’ll be dropped from the roster.

Delta: Major game decisions (war/peace declarations, religion swaps, city placement or specialization, wonder/nat'l wonder placement, use of GPs, etc) should be arrived at via group consensus. One of the aims of SGs are to improve our gameplay, so strategy discussions are of paramount importance in order to establish a group consensus. Players can NOT just check-in with their turns every couple of weeks. If you won't (not can't) contribute, don't sign up.

Remember:

1. If the team disagrees with you, either argue your case better, or do it their way. Do NOT just blow them off and do it your way because it's your turn.
2. However, if there’s no consensus and you’re up, do it your way and explain why. Conversely, if someone else is up, don't whine when they do it their way.
3. Similarly, overruling techs or city builds is rude and should be done via consensus, barring an emergency.
4. In extraordinary situations, sometimes an opportunity presents itself that the group didn't foresee. If the consequences of it are great, players should stop, and refer the question to the group.
5. If you deem the situation too serious and want some group discussion, feel free to "hold your breath" and not play until you get some input.

Echo: Be Excellent to Each Other. Being a better player does not give you the right to belittle anyone else or their play. Other people are going to disagree with you on major decisions; get used to the idea, and play nice. If not, take your ball and go home. On the other hand, when pointing out any weed, try to be nice ~ a spoonful of sugar and all that.

Foxtrot: Thread spam is good. We’re here to play in a friendly environment. Trash talking, poking fun, gentle ribbing, virtual noogies, and generally horsing around are all encouraged. However, don’t be jerk.

Golf: Automate sparingly, and always inform the team.
1. Workers should almost never be automated, except perhaps late-game or building a trade network. However, if you have to, set your game options to “disallow automated worker forest chopping” and “keep previous improvements.”
2. Use of the “Emphasis” buttons is fine, but let the group know and explain your reasoning (specialization is a major game decision). If you prevent growth in a city, let the group know and remind them to take it off. Do NOT let the governor select build orders.
3. Sending units on go-to routes that last beyond your set is acceptable only if they’re heading for a rally point or if you otherwise inform your teammates.

Hotel: NEVER fortify Great People. Is it so hard to push the spacebar 15 times??

India: The Captain Reserves the Right to be a jerk. SGs are a group effort, and require everyone to participate. If you're not pulling your weight, then don't be surprised if you're no longer in the game.

Game Settings:

Mod: Fall from Heaven 2
Version: 0.32, patch e
Difficulty: Monarch
Map: Fractal
Map Size: Standard
Victory Conditions: All available, but only Conquest counts, the AC must be at 100 at the winning turn

Sending all to hell seems appropriate four this game :D .

Starting leader: TBD
Leader: Hyborem of the Infernals

The Roster:

1. Imhotep
2. Ozbenno
3. reverend_oats
4. Ralph Jackson
5. slowcar
6. JayThomas

Players can apply for a roster spot now, preference is given to the crew of DMI IX, any DM fellow or players I've played with, otherwise it's first come, first serve.

Imhotep

To wet the appetite I'll post some screenies from my personal attempt at this scenario. Fun is awaiting us !

Now that are some citizens I'd say...

Hyborem himself. Can you spell unstoppable ?

His best buddy Rosier. Can you spell uber-unstoppable ?

The capital of hell.

Over 4,000 beakers are a nice feature...

So let's get this one rolling ! :)

:) Signing up. I hope we can get Monkeyfinger aboard again, he deserves the MVP for the last one.

lurking: WOW, 30cpt trade routes. Does Dis get 1 pop or every unit killed? Can you found cities/do they have names? Is Hyborem normally playable- from the other ones I have read he just pops up. What are his traits?

Question question question????

@Qotey:

You can found cities just like every other Civ as the Infernals. The special thing about the Infernals though is they start with the Demonic Citizen building in every self-founded city, which prevents unhappiness in the city. Adding to this Hyborem has the fallow trait which causes cities to not starve from lack of food. This is the only way a 271 pop city is even possible. The other side to this is that the spawning of manes is the almost only way to grow your cities as hell terrain is unworkable. You get the chance on a mane if you a) kill a neutral or evil unit or b) raze a city which belongs to a neutral or evil leader.

If you want to know more check out the FfH Wikipedia or xienwolf's excellent manual on the FfH forum here on Civfanatics.

Imhotep

It was an "undecided" kind of.

Anywho, I'm sitting this one out. Seems a bit samey for my tastes. I mean, Hyborem tends to spawn on miserable terrain and fight his way out, winning a military victory of some sort. Sound kind of familiar? Yeah...

Don't forget to pimp your SG here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=263963

I'll try beating Rex into updating the list.

EDIT: He's hospitalized, screw that.

I'll make a post talking about all the new ones (including this) and finished ones.\

OK Checking in and signing up.

Ralph

Well, that's sad. We lose a very capable player. Maybe next time for the Elohim or Khazad SG...

Edit: Welcome Ralph ! :)

Maybe next time for the Elohim or Khazad SG...

Those are two of my favorite civs, especially the Khazad. I certainly take a spot in either one.

Someone wicked definitely - most appropriate would be the Sheaim I guess. Teryn Arbandi would make a nice game addition (and a hard nut to crack for us in the end-game).

But I feel Flauros or Alexis would both be easier to play as and a tougher AI later down the road.
Edit- Duh, we just played as Flauros; change my vote to Os-Gebbela

@Ozbenno:

The Clan would be an interesting choice, but the 10% research penalty can be game breaking in the beginning. We must at all cost be first to Pact tech in order to switch to Hyborem. I will go with the random evil and good leader selection which is new in 0.32 (thx to Sto!) for selecting our opponents. I will do a 3/3 split apart from us, so we'll see some evil leaders definitely. I guess Tebryn still feels the right guy for summoning the Infernals.

·Imhotep·;6913257 said:
The Clan would be an interesting choice, but the 10% research penalty can be game breaking in the beginning. We must at all cost be first to Pact tech in order to switch to Hyborem.

Sounds like a challenge ;)

To balance it out, you don't have to worry about barbarians in the early game. I've never played the clan so don't know how they play at all.

Well, FfH Barbs on Monarch are sissies anyway. The only nasty barb early on is Barbatos the Lich. But you'll know when you're near him soon anyway ;) ...

I'll call a team vote on that one:

1. Imhotep >> Tebryn Arbandi
2. Ozbenno >> The Clan
3. reverend_oats >>
4. Ralph Jackson >> undecided

Also, shall we start with 4 players (which would be fine with me) or shall we wait ?

Imhotep

I am easy (which translates to liking either the Clan or Tebryn so I can sit on the fence!!)

Happy to start with 4

Ralph

Top Bottom