Favorite Civilization game?

Favorite?

• Total voters
Civ 8,586,587 : We are still here.

It's not out yet, but it will be freaking awesome.

You realize this is OT right? Like "Off Topic" of what the websites main topic is?

From a pure enjoyment POV, the fantasy campaigns of Test of Time just cannot be beat. I think Civ III, though, came the closest to the perfect Civ. If they could have added the multi-level maps from ToT, borders that actually acted like borders from Civ IV, and FP/HP from Civ II, perfection.

Civ IV is now my favorite because I now possess a good computer to back it up and a lot of talented people create excellent mods. I used to enjoy Civ III but going back to it is like trading in a nintendo DS for a 1980's gameboy. (I am assuming this is a valid analogy)

Another issue I have with Civ III and IV is the overkill on graphics. It is another area where I think ToT hit the sweet spot.

Another issue I have with Civ III and IV is the overkill on graphics. It is another area where I think ToT hit the sweet spot.

And yet, they still needed someone claiming to be from NASA to make the game look good.

Civ2. For the time it was excellent. Lots of scenarios to choose from, and that nice touch of the advisor's videos. :D

The only great addition since then was the borders concept.

Call To Power

Then Conquests

Then Beyond the Sword:goodjob:

Civ 3 I played the most. I found myself weirdly unsettled by Civ 4's changes in gameplays and I have not been able to fully adapt. I am unable to build a proper number of cities in the right amount of time, and even though I find Civ 4 much more fleshed out, the games I play are usually very frustrating to me.

Call to Power, I will say this again and again and again, has the best combat system of all civs. The way you had to combine your units to create stacks with long-range troops flanking units and first-line grunts was awesome and favored a diversified approach years before civ 4.

I find it sad that CFC:OT is shifting away from a heavy Civ3 bias that outlasted cIV's launch.

cIV makes me puke, long live Conquests!

Beyond the Sword.

Test of Time is second. The multiple-map games and the scenarios were awesome. Plus, it's what got me started on Civ back 7 or 8 years ago.

SMAC > Civ4 = Civ2 > Colonization > Civ1 > ... > Civ3

Abaddon said:
I find it sad that CFC:OT is shifting away from a heavy Civ3 bias that outlasted cIV's launch.
I find it sad that CFC consistently denies the excellence of Civ2 over the human barf that in Civ3. Do you even remember how horrible vanilla Civ3 was?

I find it sad that CFC consistently denies the excellence of Civ2 over the human barf that in Civ3. Do you even remember how horrible vanilla Civ3 was?

Never really tried CivII.. I've only tried 1 and 3 over any length of time.

An, no, I don't remeber that far back.. I can't remember any serious problems tho...:confused:

Top Bottom