Problems Uninstalling/Installing

hiatt62

Chieftain
Game was running kinda funny so I decided to uninstall/reinstall. First I uninstalled bts with no problem. When i went to uninstall civ4 got error (-5004:0x80041f42) has occurred while running setup. I deleted the folder civ 4 tried to reinstall civ 4 again but it says I am trying to install ver 1.61 (CD) but I have ver 1.74 already installed. The problem is I cannot figure out how to get version 1.74 uninstalled. Again, when I attempt to uninstall from the control panel I get the above error. Thanks

that is my problem. i made another topic about it. can someone plz help?

ok it is working so far. thank u so much for the info. if i need more help i will be sure to come back here.

I have a similiar programm installing the game an a new machine. I started the installatuion, but it broke at some point. Now I want to install again, but it breaks with this information:

(-5006: 0x80070015)

What can I do? I have already removed the install shield infos, no change.

Thank you in advance for your help!

this is different the installer complains that the device is not ready - i.e. either the cd-drive or the hard drive is lost during install (most likely the cd-drive). YOu might run into troubles with it soon. For now: copy all cd-contents to the hard drive and run the install from there, you can delete the copied files later :)

My cd-drive has behaved strangely lately, it might be the reason for my problems. Thanks!

Top Bottom