Unit Maker of the Month, June 2008 jury thread

Who should be the Unit Maker of the Month, June 2008?

• Orthanc - Flying Dutchman

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • Hikaro Takayama - Female Archer

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Aww, where is everyone else? There were lots of other units released during June! Oh well.

Suffice to say I voted Hikaro (not that I mind that!:D).

The run and attack are great. Death animations are arguably the most difficult of them all, what you have is much better than nothing. In the future maybe you could try having them stumble first, then fall all the way down (probably in the opposite direction to the stumble, ie: stumble forward, maybe a bit to the right, then fall to the back). Try frame-by-frame animation if you're feeling really brave.

I probably should have submitted my Steppe Spearman, if only to add to the competition!

I think I'll vote for the Flying Dutchman, although they're both really good!

Respect to Hikaro for continuing his unit creation (I really like the unit, but I'm not much of a FF fan), but I voted for the Dutchman. Love that diving and the tentacle animation. Quick question to Orthanc though, was the tentacle attack the bombard or the attack (sorry if you've answered that about 10 billion times).

My apathy towards FF in no way affected my decision though.

Actually the tentacles are AttackC, come to think of it I don't think I assigned anything to the bombard animation, but if it's causing any issues I would suggest putting Attack A as the bombard, since it works for land and sea.

You seem to be forgetting that I DID make a Captain Jack Sparrow unit... I may, if I feel up to it, make an Elizabeth Swan unit (have most/all the props and stuff), and possibly a Will Turner unit, but that's for after the FF mod gets released.

Congrats to Orthanc.... I'm surprised I got any votes at all, especially since the archer was kind of a "Hey, I can do this unit in two days, so why not" deal.

Also ironic that the number of votes I got is an exact mirror image of the number that Orthanc got. :lol:

Congratulations with your victory, Orthanc!

Congratulations to Orthanc ! I hope he will find the possibility to make other ships too, because we all need more different ships to fill the game`s gaps. :)

Thanks everyone!

Yes Sandris, there's plenty more boats to come.

Top Bottom