im dumb and need help :(

Vejolta

Chieftain
ok i originally had that problem with "d3dx9_32.dll" after i downloaded a patch (1.74 or something like that) and my friend got the same thing. well we tried two different approaches. he scoured the internet til he found this site and i just tried to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it. well his worked and i didnt know about it and it failed to uninstall.

now this is where i get stupid, i think to myself in anger (because i JUST bought this game) "maybe if i delete everthing in my computer manually that has anything to do with civ 4 then i can just reinstall it over the other version" well i deleted everything i could find but in the end it didnt work because i guess i didnt find all of it or computers simply dont work that way.

after that didnt work i went ahead and looked for this board and found the solution to the problem mentioned above (d3dx9_32.dll) so i downloaded the link in that thread and when i tried to uninstall civ 4 it went a little further but in the end failed for another problem, that problem is here below.

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (3081)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180

plz help me (even though im incredibly stupid and annoyed)

I don't mean to necro this, but I have this EXACT problem and have not had any luck looking else where.

Tried the same thing of deleting all the game files (worked for another one once) but there about 69mb hiding somewhere):sad:

Only Diff is i have service pack 3. If there is another thread helping solve this please link it!

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Top Bottom