Role Play Challenge: Gandhi the War-Monger

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Welcome to my next Mad Scientist RPC game! These games are meant to be fun and educational. Hopefully this one will turn into quite an entertaining event, I just hope to keep it going long enough to produce tears of laughter rather than tears of sympathy!

Sure Gandhi can play a dynamite peaceful game, as we showed in the last RPC. Cultural win in the 1600s while building only 1 unit per city, what a guy!!!!

However, this time I ramped up the opposition a littel bit, so much so that another side of the Mahatma has come to the front, his agressive side!!

First the game settings

Marathonspeed, monrach difficulty
Huge Pangea map, temperate climate, low sea level
Aggressive AI!!!
18 leaders which are

Alexander
Boudica
Catherine
Genghis Khan
Isabella
Julius Caesar
Montezuma
Napolean
Ragnar
Stalin
Shaka
Tokugawa
Sitting Bull
Hammarabi
Saladin

And one more thug I cannot remember.

RPC Rules!
1) SURVIVAL!!!

That's it, we simply have to survive and win. The settings and clientel are sufficient restrictions on their own!

Our Dangerous leader

And the start!

OK, we start with mysticism and Mining, where do we start off!

Good luck! The Mahatma will need to war to ensure his survival here!

(ps. I suppose you forgot Suryavarman. He's thuggish enough to fit the bill!)

I predict TMIT will complete a shadow of this game in the next 24 hours. :lol:

(Except he'll change the speed to epic, 'cause he hates marathon. :p )

No. On Monarch, that is a gamble, especially since four of the opponents (Izzy, Monty, Saladin and Boudica) have Mysticism and might go for a religion.

Creating and adopting a religion is a pretty surefire way to make a vast majority of the world distrust you. It'd make things more interesting for sure. >_>

Get a religion and make it your State Religion. Don't bother spreading it. :)

Anyways, this game would be exactly what I need to get better... If I had BTS, I'd shadow it. But I don't, so I'll just read.

Now seriously, Monty is the most dangerous of the lot. Toku's not that good either.

If either are nearby, rush. If neither, just rush whomever is closest.

Tech BW first. ;)

Shadow Game: to 1650 BC

Spoiler :
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam, or something like that. Hannibal was at one end of the Pangaea, to prevent me from getting backstabbed by him at some future point I chopped every tree in the vicinity of Delhi into axemen and axerushed him. Problem was, he settled a city right on top of the copper...

but that was not a problem if I took that city first.

Sure enough, Carthage itself fell after that, at the cost of several axemen...

Bye Hannibal, nice knowin' ya, unfortunately you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Heh heh heh...

One note, Genghis is already (!) gearing up for war. I doubt it's me though, as the Power Graph will show. I think it's Bull he's aiming for. Bull is Public Enemy No. 1 at the moment.

Next target is either Sury or Nap. Possibly Sury, as that creep is already creeping up to my borders. At least I have the lands between me and what was formerly Carthage to backfill now.

I predict TMIT will complete a shadow of this game in the next 24 hours. :lol:

(Except he'll change the speed to epic, 'cause he hates marathon. :p )

:lol:. It's huge, so I might need slightly more than 24 hours since I'm playing other games and doing school work also. However, this definitely looks like a fun game to shadow!

I'd advise against early religion also. Despite being super warmongers some of the AIs will target them. If YOU were izzy and could work that lake it'd be different but for now I'd concentrate on doing everything possible to set up military. 18 civ games tend to really emphasize who can get the bigger land (usually by wiping 1-3 civs out). Once you have it, it's usually fairly easy to run away in tech.

The trick on this map will be staying alive. It's worth noting that the global tech rate is going to be really pathetic though.

An interesting gambit would be an early prophet wonder to bulb theology. No, NOT for the AP lol...for theocracy and CR II swords mixed with some pinch axes and CII spears. Since the AIs are liable to tech very slowly doing this and abusing the whip might yield just the land we need!

Cathy and Ragnar are respectable techers at times, be careful :D
This seems like my type of game, I may just shadow it (Huge map fits with marathon, even though I play normal, usually).

Gandhi the War-Monger: Part I

I am jumping right into this one, either it's going to be a very long RPC or a very short!!!!

First of all, Sury is the AI I forgot on the list, who happened to be the first we met!

We decided as usual to settle in palce.

Unfortunately I am not in-love with this capital to start, very limited food. Looks like we will have to actually run some 3 food farms early on and it will be difficult to run aGP farm here. I guess we have to bring Gandhi's philosphical talents to another city!

After some exploration we find to our east

Sury!

As we explore more we find to our west.

Hanibal!

well just great, sandwhiched between a freak and one of teh more dangerous Ais.

Our techpath was mor emilitary orientated.

BW/wheel/agriculture/hunting/archery/AH/Pottery/writing and saved.

After teching BW we find

OK, we can get some satisfactory early defense as we "should" be able to nab one of those copper.

Our build order went worker (we mined the pigs temporily)/3 warriosa/settler. Whe chopped out a good part of the settler with only 2 population. We also got the "tests" random event at 1 population getting us some extra health.

We got a fantastic random event

we also got 324 gold from huts!!!!!!!!!!!

We settled Bombay to quickly grab the copper/cows/rice. A little more south could have gotten some happiness resources but that can wait.

After AH we find

NOW that is great!!! Two obtainable horse resources, plus free shock promotions.

We settled our third and final city right on the desert in between alot of resources!!!

Also note Sury is creeping on us plus he has the Great Wall!!

OK, where to now? We adopted slavery although I will revolt out until I actually need it. we also have some axes alreayd.

So suggestions on tech and what to do.

I am leaning towwards HBR before IW as we can immediately get HAs going.

I also think we need to rush Sury pretty fast now. He wasted hammers on teh GW, so perhaps he's vulnerable.

So far I have not met an AI with a religion.

...mixed with some pinch axes ...

Ah, yes, the old "pinch axe" random event:

"You have stumbled upon a cache of muskets left behind by an expedition from the future. All axemen are promoted to pinch and are issued muskets."

That'll let you pwn a few civs ASAP. :lol:

That makes more sense. But I'd take Cover given that there will be archers, and Axe's innate bonus vs. Melee.

Unless they don't get cover?

In this game I would take a free shield, shock OR pinch promoted axe!

Take Cover over shock any time. Cover Axes can counter Longbows sometimes (And as such see continued use), but seeing those this early would be horrible.

Ah, yes, the old "pinch axe" random event:

That'll let you pwn a few civs ASAP. :lol:

Don't be silly. Then they'd just be really advanced musketmen.

The "pinch axe" promo comes from this event:

"Your scientists have determined a way to make axes fly out of oversized logs using a primitive combination of sulfur, charcoal, and saltpeter. Shall we outfit our troops with this technological breakthrough?"

"Axe-guns? Are you kidding me? Who WOULDN'T want an army of those?"

(On-topic, I'm going to be lurking in this thread - I love warmongering as India!)

Top Bottom