HRE/Austro-German Warlords

Wolfshanze

CFC Historian
These are Medieval Warlord/General reskins for the HRE/Austria and Germany.

They are reskins of Chuggi's Medieval German Warlord (originally with black cape and yellow shield with Hapsburg Eagle)... the HRE/Austrian reskin includes a new yellow cape and new head with red fabric crown... the German reskin includes a new metalic shield with Prussian Hohen Eagle and a new crown.

Not much else to say... both use default Ancient Warlord animations.

(Note to Mamba... I was already basically done with these guys when I noticed your own German Warlord reskin... oh well... went ahead and finished up... great minds think alike!)

Download Here

Fantastic. But could please anybody create a renaissance warlord? And perhaps also an early industrial one? They are urgent needed.

But good job here. :goodjob:

Fantastic. But could please anybody create a renaissance warlord? And perhaps also an early industrial one? They are urgent needed.

But good job here. :goodjob:
By default the game only changes Warlords twice... once from Ancient to Medieval, and again from Medieval to Industrial/Modern... for a total of THREE Warlord/General looks throughout the game.

While I find it annoying to have Medieval Warlords leading Renaissance troops, or Modern Generals leading Industrial Age troops, there's not much that can be done about it... the base game of Civ4 only allows three different models of the Warlord General. You simply don't get the option of having five Warlord/General looks in-game... you could make 20 different Warlords for 20 different periods, but the game is designed for only three.

It is possible Wolf, but it´s a lot of modding work. I´m sorry for not being able to explain how cause i´m only a layman in real modding and the short explanation how it would work i got from a pro modder lies some months ago.

It is possible Wolf, but it´s a lot of modding work. I´m sorry for not being able to explain how cause i´m only a layman in real modding and the short explanation how it would work i got from a pro modder lies some months ago.

Do you know if someone is already working on this?

Do you know if someone is already working on this?

Not only is there someone working on it, it has been done. In Community Civ they have one unit art entry for each era.

Spoiler :
Code:
<StyleUnit>
	<UnitType>UNIT_WORKER</UnitType>
	<UnitMeshGroup>
	<AncientArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WORKER_EUROPEAN</AncientArtDefineTag>
	<MedievalArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WORKER_EUROPEAN</MedievalArtDefineTag>
	<IndustrialArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WORKERMODERN</IndustrialArtDefineTag>
	</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

Cool.
The scope of the project seems to be bigger then only a graphic enhanced mod.
Is there an English explanation on the adaptions of the mod? My German is sufficient to see there's quite a number of changes, but not sufficient to comprehend all the nifty details.

They seem to be working on an english translation, but I don't believe there is one yet.

I have taken a short look at their code, and from what I understand, the changes which are responsible for this are wrapped in

// CCV Neue ArtDefineTags START
// CCV Neue ArtDefineTags END

comments (I have not checked that all the stuff in these comments is actually sufficient, as they expose some functions to Python, chances are there are at least some additional Python changes required)

I reckon those new artdefine tags need be linked to the SDK. If not, I would be in business. Unfortunately I can't play that mod right now because it doesn't support 3.17 yet.

Right, the Community Civ V supports more ArtDefineTags. But it will still need two weeks until I can release the next version for 3.17. And right, there will be an English version. And it's planed to improve the ArtDefineTags once again. :D

At the moment the ArtDefineTag changes very era. But in 3.00 (for BTS 3.17) there should be ArtDefineTags depending on era and tech. It's annoying that units like the machine gunner change there look from rifleman style to infantry style without being able to build infantry yet.

But it's only planned. And I've got an idea how to do it. But the coding isn't done. So no promise!

&#8364;: Can someone please design new warlords? They are urgent needed. If you do so, I promise to give you the code that allows the CCV artdefinetags. Deal? :)

Top Bottom