This Months PC Gamer Magazine...

magikarcher

Chieftain
I haven't opened/checked out the disc yet, but the disc that came with this months issue says "Colonization- Full Game" on it. I would imagine this means the original. Does anyone know about it? I am mid game in a Civ 4 game and would like to finish it before I try the disc out. Thanks!

Edit: Oh my gosh! I was featured on the front page of the site!!

My guess is 2K Games gave PC Gamer a limited license (this month's CD only) to distribute the original Colonization. Or it could be a free release period like they did with Railroad Tycoon Deluxe when Railroads! came out.

Giving away an older version of an upcoming or recently released game is nothing new. It's a great idea and a good way to get a working older title.

Thanks for the heads-up, magikarcher. :beer:

Your welcome, and thank you. That makes perfect sense, and I more thoroughly read the cover of the CD, it is the original full game. So if you want a free copy of Colonization, well not free cause it comes with a magazine, then there you go. :goodjob:

Your welcome, and thank you. That makes perfect sense, and I more thoroughly read the cover of the CD, it is the original full game. So if you want a free copy of Colonization, well not free cause it comes with a magazine, then there you go. :goodjob:

Do you know if it's been reworked to run on newer OS's? Like XP or Vista?

I would imagine it would have been. I haven't checked out the disc yet because I have to download QuickTime 7 or something to see it. I will tell you all I can when I load it.

dont waste your money on a magazine,freecol is better because u can disband colonies no matter what size and win by taking over the new continent...

...ok...when does this magazine come out?

Do you know if it's been reworked to run on newer OS's? Like XP or Vista?

Right now I'm running the Windows 95 version of Colonization under Vista on the PC I am currently using and it works as well as on my old Windows 95 Pentium.

dont waste your money on a magazine,freecol is better because u can disband colonies no matter what size and win by taking over the new continent....

In the first place I don't like FreeCol. As for abandoning settlements in the original Colonization, you can do that until you build a stockade.

I hope they allow us to download it. It would be a shame to buy a magazine for one item.

Is PC Gamer a UK magazine? I've got a feeling I've seen it in newsagents. ~£4 for a computer game of proven quality isn't a bad deal.

So does anyone know which version of Colonization is included in the PCG disk? Is it the old DOS version or the graphically-improved Windows 95 (98?) version?

PS: PC Gamer's an American magazine. It has a UK variant, but I don't know how much changes between the two.

So does anyone know which version of Colonization is included in the PCG disk? Is it the old DOS version or the graphically-improved Windows 95 (98?) version?

The DOS version isn't as buggy as the Windows 95 version.

So is it the UK or US version? And which month?

I ask because we get the UK version (I think) out here in Australia, but I think we might be a month or two behind.

Thanks!

What month's disk was it on? I have the August issue, and I didn't see the original Sid meier's colonization anywhere.

It would be nice if you could download SMAC/SMACX too.

Anything is possible on the internet! you just have to dig deep enough and be so self-centered and self-important that you don't care that you're actually stealing something from someone!

So which issue is this? I LOVE Colonization. I still have the 3 1/2 inch install disks, but my laptop doesn't have that type disk drive. My desktop does (and its installed on it right now). Would it be the issue on newsstands currently?

p.s. I disliked freecol, too.

Top Bottom