Ekranoplane Unit Pack

Wyrmshadow

Deity

A-90 ORLYONOK

Lun

Boeing Pelican Ultra

An ekranoplan (Russian: экранопла́н, literally "screen plane") is a vehicle resembling an aircraft but which operates solely on the principle of ground effect (in Russian эффект экрана effekt ekrana - from which the name derived). Ground effect vehicles (GEV) fly above any flat surface, with the height above ground dependent upon the size of the vehicle. Ekranoplan design was conceived by revolutionary Soviet engineer Rostislav Alexeev.

Use this as a naval unit. THIS IS NOT AN AIRCRAFT even if it looks like one.

You are godlike.. I just thought a few days ago: those caspian sea ekranoplanes would be so cool to have....
AFAIK they are/were used for transport issues so will any of the future ekranos be without the huge rocket launchers?

Finally YOU did it ! You rock, man :goodjob: I had read the wiki article when someone asked for this unit, and never thought this would come out :eek: What a nice surprise !

Use this as a naval unit. THIS IS NOT AN AIRCRAFT even if it looks like one.

Is it a bird, is it an airplane? No! - Its Super-Wyrmshadow in a smokin hot new toy :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: Can't believe u finally got to making this cutey :king:

Lun is up. Ozymandius has requested it for a long time.

Sweeet! :thumbsup:

okay, last one is up.

And is most grateful! :goodjob: I'll now be adding a new tech called, "Surface Effects Vehicles" and deploying these puppies accordingly.

All The Best,

Oz

Didn't you have one posted before (the Lun version that is)? But now that I think about it, that could have just been the Ekranoplane.

Didn't you have one posted before (the Lun version that is)? But now that I think about it, that could have just been the Ekranoplane.

I have never animated any ekranoplanes before. I know all the units I have done. You must be thinking of a 4 year old preview I did of the Lun and a bunch of other planes.

Top Bottom