Victory Screen Mods

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Are there any victory screen mods out there? We have had one request ...

Currently the conquest tab does not reflect the status of capitulated vassals. There vassals do not need to be eliminated in order to achieve a Conquest victory, yet they are included in the number of "Rivals Left" from the Victories tab under the Victory conditions tab(f8)

I'm also going to look at the following:
  1. include the number of rivals that are unknown (I'm sick of counting the AIs on the scoreboard and then subtracting that total from the rivals to see how many I don't know). Suggestion: update rivals counter ... "8 (4 rivals unknown)"
  2. include the number of rivals that you have vassaled ... suggestion: update rivals counter ... "8 (2 already vassaled)"
  3. include the number of turns until your cities hit legendary (under culture)
  4. color code the space ship parts
    • default for parts that you cannot build
    • yellow for parts that you can build but you don't have enough to launch
    • blue for parts that you can build, have enough to launch but not maximum
    • green for maximum parts built
  5. color code opponent space ship parts
    • default for parts that you know they cannot build
    • yellow for parts that they might be able to build or have started to build but don't have enough to launch
    • red for maximum parts built
  6. listing all AIs under the AP, but putting the AIs without the AP religion in as 'yellow' and zero votes - so you know that you need to spread the AP religion to them if you want to win - again, sick comparing this list to the scoreboard list
  7. color coding the list of people with double votes in the AP (light blue)

Any other suggestions / ideas?

I just added a new Win/Loss Screen, but nothing done with the Victory Conditions Screen. Let me take a look at it, and see if there is any information I think should be added.

BTW - Good job on the ModCast, besides saying the Options was HoF when EF did it all, just borrowing a little bit of code.;) And Red Cars are cool, so don't tell people not to get them! The more who have them, the less cops will pay attention to my blue car.:p

BTW - Good job on the ModCast, besides saying the Options was HoF when Ruff did it all, just borrowing a little bit of code.;)
Already got in trouble from EF because he (claims he) totally re-wrote the option screens. Truth be told, I stole the idea and most of the initial code from the HOF, but I do believe EF totally re-wrote it.

Great idea Ruff. F8 really needs a new look.

Could you also include that added culture per turn from rival cities?

Regarding the F8 Victory Conditions screen, I would like to see the UN/AP note at the bottom of that screen be a little more informative and accurate. From what I recall there are currently only 2 possible things displayed: the name of the builder if the wonder exists (assuming you know him/her) and the phrase "Not yet built" if the wonder does not exist. This fails to account for two other important possibilities: the wonder still existing but obsolete and the wonder no longer existing because its home city was destroyed.

While it's more of an aesthetic thing than anything else, seeing "Not yet built" when I know I bulldozed that AP is a bit annoying. ;)

I think they made the Tab for it because more info wouldn't fit in there.

sample screens ...

Very nice, Ruff. :goodjob:

This would be spoiler information except if you can see the culture/turn for that city. This happens a) when you have enough EPs for city visibility (sometimes), b) when you have AP (sometimes) and c) when you investigate the city using a spy (1 turn).

Scanning the API and CvMainInterface.py, I don't see a function that gives this information. I'll check the SDK source tomorrow and see if I find one.

Heh, you just take the culture of that city on turn, and subtract the value of that city on turn - 1 ;) Hardly spoiler information and common practice when some AI gets close to a CV.

And :thumbsup: @ ruff, really looking better now :D

This would be spoiler information except if you can see the culture/turn for that city. This happens a) when you have enough EPs for city visibility (sometimes), b) when you have AP (sometimes) and c) when you investigate the city using a spy (1 turn).

Heh, you just take the culture of that city on turn, and subtract the value of that city on turn - 1 ;) Hardly spoiler information and common practice when some AI gets close to a CV.
I must admit that my first reaction was just like EFs (need espionage, etc). However, mystyfly does point out an alternative that is available to the player. I think I can code this up to store the last turn values (not planning to store values across saves) and show 'turns to go' if the cities are the same.

Actually - thinking about this, the 3 cities will need to be stored in the main-interface screen (it is the only one that is updated every turn) and this would involve replicating the code to get the 3 top cities. It would be much easier if I could just assume that the current 3 cities are the same as the old 3 cities and just display the information. Not 100% non-spoiler in some cases but much easier.

Another alternative is that I just assume the 3 cities are unchanged but only display turns to Legendary when all three are below (say) 100 turns. The chance that two AIs are gunning for the cultural victory has go to be pretty slim.

So, proposal for AI display ...
  • All cities less than 100 turns to legendary: display actual turns to go
  • All cities less than 100 turns to legendary (one or more already legendary): display actual turns to go for non-legendary, display 'L' for legendary cities
  • one or more cities greater than 100 turns to legendary: display '-' for all cities

Proposal for player cities:
  • individual city legendary: display 'L'
  • individual city less than 101 turns to legendary: display turns to go
  • individual city more than 100 turns to legendary: display '100+'

ruff_hi said:
* All cities less than 100 turns to legendary: display actual turns to go
* All cities less than 100 turns to legendary (one or more already legendary): display actual turns to go for non-legendary, display 'L' for legendary cities
* one or more cities greater than 100 turns to legendary: display '-' for all cities
this sounds good. All cities means all top 3 cities of that player right?

# individual city more than 100 turns to legendary: display '100+'

I'd probabely just display '-'or nothing at all. Kinda says that your cap in 4000BC has more than 100 turns to legendary. Like you couldn't figure that out yourself :p

this sounds good. All cities means all top 3 cities of that player right?
Yes - only the top player's cities get displayed so I'll only be testing that player's cities.

@mystyfly - You're right of course. I rarely use that screen (ya ya good excuse eh?) and just didn't think of that.

@Ruff - Clearly using the actual culture rate is good enough. I don't have a serious problem with that tiny level of spoiler info.

And your rules for what to display when sound fine. I'd recommend using "(x)" for the turns to go to match the rest of the game displays. Perhaps "(x Turns)" if you want. Both of those XML keys exist already. I think I created the first one for the GP bar originally, but I think it's still in the main BUG XML file. For the second one, look in CvMainInterface.py where it sets the value for the CultureText label.

EmperorFool said:
@mystyfly - You're right of course. I rarely use that screen (ya ya good excuse eh?) and just didn't think of that.
I'm sure that is because the AI never gets close to culture victories in your game, because you always win that early :p

Glad to see that it's gonna be included :cooool:

For the members tab, how about listing for whom each member will probably vote in a Diplomatic Victory vote? We can use the current vote counts to estimate the candidates and the same attitude values you get on the glance screen to estimate who supports whom since the voting algorithm is pretty simple.

I thought that was a neat idea, so I hacked together a simple version tonight to test it out and these are the results. The below image shows the vote estimation the turn before a diplo vote is tallied (note the pink text is mainly for debugging purposes) along with the actual vote results from the following turn superimposed.

As you can see, in this instance everyone voted as expected. Of course, the hidden diplo modifiers could tip the vote so it shouldn't be taken as gospel. For example on a second test from a save earlier in the game when the AP was active, three nations voted for a candidate when I was expecting all to abstain since their attitudes towards the candidate were +4, +5, and +6 respectively; when I went back and checked, all three had hidden diplo modifiers that pushed their true attitudes to +8 or +9 and thus into the "good enough to vote but still be only pleased" range.

Anyhow, if you all think that'd be useful for BUG I can inflict the code upon you. It's pretty rough and hasn't been tested much but I like the results so far.

@Dresden - That looks pretty cool. As long as the information is based solely on the attitudes and known diplo modifiers from the glance screen, I think it should be acceptable. If you post the file, I bet Ruff would consider including it. </speaking-for-Ruff>

I was looking at adding a third column with the AI attitude to you but this is even better. Maybe I color code the builder and the other candidate and show AI attitude to both of them.

Can I get a copy of your code.

Top Bottom