missing interface

malima

Chieftain
When i trie to play a mod (for exampel wolfshanze or amra´s mod) i can´t see any interfaces (some other mods work fine). When i start a game by just clicking on good luck in the game also no interfaces are shown (no menubare, no cittyscreen, no unitabilitys ...)
I have a german civ-version

hello ori,
actual it is beyond the sword patch 3.17 in combination with mod wolfshanze 2.82. (i have had earlier the same problem with amras modpack in combination with core game)

Wolfshanze2.82 is for that version. An second, yes it only occurs by playing that mod

you should probably post this problem in the mod thread then. but you could check whether there is a coding problem by enabling logging for the game (open my games\beyond the sword\civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1). Then start the mod and try to see the interface, once this fails exit the game and post all contents of my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file here.
You can attach files to posts by clicking on go advanced and then on manage attachments :)

i postet it also in the mod-thread, but i think it could be a problem that isn´t concerning only to one mod. So i posted it also here. I tried it by enabling logging but couldn´t see any interface. So i trie to post a zip file with the logs

I think there is a keyboard shortcut to turn the interfce on and off- Try pressing ctrl and I in-mod. At least, I think thaqt's the shortcut.

I have this problem with every mod I've tried except Fall From Heaven II. Even Fall Further 041 seems to have this problem, which seems odd since it adds on to FFH2 which works on it's own.

I have both expansions installed and all relevant updates. I even stopped using my No-CD crack and put in the disc thinking that might be . .. .. .. .ing it up -no dice.

post your logs :)
welcome to CFC

PS: if its a no-cd crack problem - there won't be much one can do about it apart from not using it :p if it is something else maybe the logs show it...

I'm sure theres a thread lying around somewhere describing how to gather said logs?

Perhaps you'd point me in the direction?

I suppose Search might help.

Ok, here it goes.

This is trying to load Thomas' War 2.1, I get the same thing when I've tried Rise of Mankind 2.2, Fall Further 041 (but not with FFH2 032l), and Total War.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    23.5 KB · Views: 80
in your case some files are not found - the weird thing though is that it only happens with certain mods...
files are cveventinterface.py and cvscreeninterface.py

:hmm:
do you have anything in your custom assets folder?

Nope, a bunch of subfolders but no files to speak of within.

Let me uninstall and reinstall Civ IV and the patches clean with logs on and post that, see if it comes up different. I've been using this install for a while, I might have caused some of those errors myself.

Soon.

if you want to reinstall and wipe all of the game in doing so do the below :)

install the most recent version of DirectX 9c from Microsoft

then do the following for a clean reinstall:

Uninstall and Reinstall Civ4 Warlords BtS :

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Civ4
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS)
(note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).
Install Civ4, immediately patch it to 1.61 (download it fresh from here)
Install Warlords, immediately patch it to 2.08 (download it fresh from here)
Install Beyond the Sword, immediately patch to 3.17 (download it fresh from here).

if you want to reinstall and wipe all of the game in doing so do the below :)

install the most recent version of DirectX 9c from Microsoft

then do the following for a clean reinstall:

Uninstall and Reinstall Civ4 Warlords BtS :

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Civ4
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS)
(note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).
Install Civ4, immediately patch it to 1.61 (download it fresh from here)
Install Warlords, immediately patch it to 2.08 (download it fresh from here)
Install Beyond the Sword, immediately patch to 3.17 (download it fresh from here).

What I did, before reading your post, was uninstall CIV, Warlords, and BTS and delete C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games and C:\Users\Jarrett\Documents\My Games\Civ* -keep in mind I'm on Vista. So, no Documents and Settings. :lol:

I just got the game installed, let me extract a few MODS and load em; get you those logs in a minute.

edit: I also have Civ 1.74, Warlords 2.13 and BTS 3.17. Is this not the correct versions to use? I figured the most up to date...

Alright, here's the log. Same issue, of course (not my first fresh install, you understand). Maybe you can make some sense of it or explain why FFH2 works but not most other mods?

edit: Oh, that's Thomas' War 2.1 I tried to load, so you know.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    20.4 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom