New action buttons and behaviour added for 0.35 AI

Pep

King
I have created a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll (and changed a few XML files) based on Better BTS AI 0.35 version. It contains the enhancements of Better BTS AI 0.35 and several additions of my own.

The changelog (v0.2) is:

• Fixed a bug with "Sentry while moving": the game crashed when selected this mission with a group with 3 or more units.
  • Fixed a bug (present in official patch) which prevented a privateer unit docked in a city to move into a tile owned by a civilization to whom you haven't signed an open borders treaty, without declaring war previously. Related thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286367
  • Fixed a bug (present in official patch) which caused the visibility radius of a group of units on a sentry mission not being the visibility radius of the unit with the highest one inside the group. Related thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286855
(v0.1)
  • Added new mission button: Sentry while healing. A wounded unit sleeps and awakes when it has reached its maximum strength OR an enemy unit of the same type (types: land or naval) enters its visibility range. Naval enemy units at city port DO NOT awake a naval unit carrying on this mission.
  • Added new mission button: Sentry on naval units. A naval unit sleeps and awakes only when a NAVAL enemy unit enters its visibility range. Naval enemy units at city port DO NOT awake a naval unit carrying on this mission. (Very useful for privateers in enemy lands ;-)).
  • Added new mission button: Sentry on land units. A land unit sleeps and awakes only when a LAND enemy unit enters its visibility range.
  • Added new mission button: Sentry while moving: Moves a land or naval unit and ends the movement when an enemy unit of the same type (land or naval) is seen. This button doesn't appear if a enemy unit is already in the selected unit visibility range.
  • Added mass delete mode: Presing ALT while clicking "Delete" on a selected unit, deletes ALL the player units of the same type as the selected one. Only works if the selected unit is alone or groupped with units of the same type only.
  • Added mass fortify mode: Presing ALT while clicking "Fortify" on a selected unit, fortifies ALL the player units of the same type as the selected one. Only works if the selected unit is alone or groupped with units of the same type only and doesn't fortify a unit if it is groupped with units of different type.
  • Modified normal movement behaviour: now, if a unit ends its movement on an unseen or unrevealed tile (from the initial tile when the movement begun perspective), the movement ends and allows to choose whether to attack or not.
  • Modified normal movement behaviour: now, if a unit ends its movement on an unrevealed tile (from the initial tile when the movement begun perspective, ) the movement ends and allows to choose whether to disembark or not.
  • Added a new game option: "City governors build workboats". Now, city governors build workboats ONLY if this option is active. (Default: deactivated)
  • Added a new game option: "City governors train workers". Now, city governors trains workers ONLY if this option is active. (Default: deactivated)

There are no AI changes. These changes only affect human players.

Mod changed to match the changes in Better BTS AI v0.36:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7151943#post7151943

- Modified city governor behaviour: now he trains workers or workboats ONLY if "Workers Start Automated" option is active in the menu.
That's not good. Having cities automatically pump out work boats in response to new sea resources, or pillaged resources, is somewhat useful.

And workers start automated has lots of negative effects.

That's not good. Having cities automatically pump out work boats in response to new sea resources, or pillaged resources, is somewhat useful.

And workers start automated has lots of negative effects.

I doubt it is useful, because with the standard behaviour a city far away from the resource can start building a workboat. Then, if you haven`t selected the "automated workers" option, you have to search for the resource manually and send the workboat there...

Or, click on that workboat's "auto-build" command. I often do this, personally, after doing a quick glance around to make sure there aren't any hostiles near by, or another resource I'd rather improve (or go back and see where the work boat goes).

Workers start automated means that every worker you produce is automated, even if you are (say) producing workers to ship on a boat to a new island, or to cover your continent in rails, or want to move them to a new region to start, or are in the early game and you are still manually control the land-workers.

You can manually turn automation on at will, remember.

Or, click on that workboat's "auto-build" command. I often do this, personally, after doing a quick glance around to make sure there aren't any hostiles near by, or another resource I'd rather improve (or go back and see where the work boat goes).

Workers start automated means that every worker you produce is automated, even if you are (say) producing workers to ship on a boat to a new island, or to cover your continent in rails, or want to move them to a new region to start, or are in the early game and you are still manually control the land-workers.

You can manually turn automation on at will, remember.

OK, I see your point. I have changed the code to introduce two new game options:
- City governors build workboats
- City governors train workers

See first post in this thread for details.

Top Bottom