[BtS] JCombo: Jeckel's Platform

Jeckel

Great Reverend
!! RELEASED !! - September 20, 2008

Requires: Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword v3.17

This mod combines several of my Mod Components into one Modding Platform. The list of included Mod Components is as follows.

Included Mod Components

Included in v1.000 - JCityLimit: Controlling City Count - v1.200

Included in v1.000 - JCultureControl: Beyond City Borders - v2.000

Included in v1.000 - JImprovementLimit: Tighter Control - v1.000

Included in v1.000 - JRouteNative: Restricted Movement - v1.101

Included Map Scripts

Inland Desert - v1.000 Beta

Requires: Beyond the Sword v3.17
Changes: XML, Python, SDK
Version: 1.000 - September 20, 2008
Download: JCombo Mod
Sources: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10723

There are plenty of Screen Shots in each of the Mod Components' Threads, but here is one that shows several of the Mod Components working together.

Attachments

• JCombo_Example_0.JPG
    JCombo_Example_0.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 349
Ok, I've got the coding of this done and have been running some tests on it.

On my computer it has passed the 1000 turn AIAutoPlay test severeal times. I have also accually played a couple near 1000 turn games and all those tests have come out A+.

I will be releasing the first version of this compilation mod on Monday. :band: :king:

Hehe, I hear that. It's just a first version, so there could be an error or two that managed to sneak by, but I am fairly sure it is secure enough to play with. :)

I'm trying to finish up the next two components that will go in this, they are mentioned in the opening post. Then there are 2 to 4 other compenents I need to write and add to this. So it isn't not done by any means, but playing with the default settings I'm releasing it with, it was the first game I've played in a couple years where I didn't stop after a few dozen turns and go back to modding.

I'm trying to merge JCulturecontrol and JImprovementLimit. I've hit snag with GameTextMgr.cpp -- what's the combined CvGameTextMgr::setImprovementHelp supposed to look like? :)

OMG, my bad, I so thought I had uploaded this. I am on my way home to my main modding computer and will upload this as soon as I get home. Then you can either use this or at least look in the changed files and see how I did it. :cool:

No sweat. At the moment I've just added the changes together, one part after the other - but I'm not sure it's the most elegant solution, but at least it works, and that's good enough for testing purposes. In any case I'd like to see how you did. :)

Jeckel, please take a look at the attached... I have built a fort with a culturerange of 1, south of the jungle in the middle of the shot. The cursor is hovering over the jungle, and the text in the lower left corner of the shot says 91% Spanish, 8% Aztec and 100% Spanish Culture Control. I know that the text "100% Spanish Culture Control" is caused by the fort, but does this look as intended?

Attachments

• CultureControl.JPG
    CultureControl.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 250
Jeckel, please take a look at the attached... I have built a fort with a culturerange of 1, south of the jungle in the middle of the shot. The cursor is hovering over the jungle, and the text in the lower left corner of the shot says 91% Spanish, 8% Aztec and 100% Spanish Culture Control. I know that the text "100% Spanish Culture Control" is caused by the fort, but does this look as intended?

Yep, that appears to look correct to me. Do you think it should be displayed different? I have considered changing "91% Spanish" to somthing like "91% Spanish City Control", to make it clearer.

Mod Released, yeaaaa. :band:

I got home yesterday and uploaded the Mod and Sources last night, but I fell asleep while it was uploading. I just updated the first post with links to the Mod and Source's Download Pages. :cool:

Well... I just think it's a little confusing to have one plot read 91% Spanish, 8% Aztec, and then also 100% Spanish. Is the total control split in 91/8? Or does the fort alter the split?

The 91% Spanish and 8% Aztec have nothing to do with my Mod, those are the values of the built in Culture emitted by Cities. The 100% Culture Control is a completly different counter that tells you how much control you have over the tile from Improvements.

They are two completly different percentage counters, one for Culture from Cities and one for Culture Control from Improvements.

Sorry, I'm now confused. :lol: What then determines ownership of a tile? City culture or Improvement culture? And why do the two types of culture need to have different counters?

Top Bottom