Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos

Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:25 AM   #2801
arikelex
Chieftain

Hi, I have a question:
Is there any way to update the game without downoloading everything again? Is there any way to download only the changed files?

Thank you
arikelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2802
strategyonly
Caveman2Cosmos Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arikelex View Post
Hi, I have a question:
Is there any way to update the game without downoloading everything again? Is there any way to download only the changed files?

Thank you
Nope. . . main reason is the FPK and that the biggest of all files.
Caveman 2 Cosmos updated 24 Feb 14, 12:00a.m.
Caveman2Cosmos Forum: Project and Mod Development Forum HERE

Last edited by strategyonly; Aug 04, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
strategyonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:39 AM   #2803
EldrinFal
King

Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategyonly View Post
Here is what was updated from 14 to 15.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...10&postcount=2

Some really cool changes. Especially glad to hear about faster turns and AI improvements. Read that post by Koshling about the way AI and Diplomacy works and the changes he is implementing. Also really cool. I always thought the trading system didn't feel quite right and glad to see there is someone on board that can make changes at that level.

I'll be giving this a try after work to see the changes in action. Hopefully I won't have the black terrain Perhaps the reduction in size will address it.

Good work team!
EldrinFal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:40 PM   #2804
Civomaniac
Chieftain

thanks for working on updating to 15 I was waiting on this one.Downloading now via torrent only 11 minutes yay
Civomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:42 PM   #2805
SouthernKing
Stella Nox Fleuret

7 minute left for me on stupid atomigamer
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:44 PM   #2806
nichopoleve
Warlord

I am uploading this torrent at 500 kB/s.
The least I can do to contribute to this great mod
nichopoleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2807
bill2505
King

the event that should give a workboat doesnt give one
bill2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:40 PM   #2808
strategyonly
Caveman2Cosmos Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2505 View Post
the event that should give a workboat doesnt give one
Yeah i know, i have been trying for months to figure it out, but i have no idea how to fix
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2809
Argroww
Warlord

V15 huh? I wonder how many version till the final one? not that I mind seeing the dedication to giving us civ 4 fans the best experience we can possibly have!!

Keep up the good work chaps!
Argroww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:37 AM   #2810
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argroww View Post
V15 huh? I wonder how many version till the final one? not that I mind seeing the dedication to giving us civ 4 fans the best experience we can possibly have!!

Keep up the good work chaps!
"Final"? What is this word you speak of?

There is so much still to do! I have hardly even touch the "Cosmos" part of this mod. I suspect we will be doing this for a long time. Especially since each version gets even more fun! Not sure how its possible, but it is!
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:43 AM   #2811
Argroww
Warlord

You already gone so far beyond the errr.....beyond expansion, adding...what 2 new eras? now that's a feat, you guys will end up growing beyond the civ 4 game and having to build an entirely new game like the FFH guys were planning!

Seriously though, it's all good stuff, and as I've stated before I just wish I had a platform powerful enough to do it justice, as it is I usually have to play on a tiny map just to get anywhere, which only give me glimpses of how great the mod is while I struggle (or not) against only 2 AIs and a handful of barbs....my poor little laptop cannot cope with anything larger and tends to crash often.....trouble is I never know if it's due to me pushing the laptop too far or if I've hit some bug in the coding (always worries when the screen does an odd "shift", usually signals the game is about to crash....but not always)

Strangely one of the features I've found to be the most useful is the Sentry wake with land/sea buttons, such a small feature but makes so much sense.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:14 AM   #2812
strategyonly
Caveman2Cosmos Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argroww View Post
You already gone so far beyond the errr.....beyond expansion, adding...what 2 new eras? now that's a feat, you guys will end up growing beyond the civ 4 game and having to build an entirely new game like the FFH guys were planning!

Seriously though, it's all good stuff, and as I've stated before I just wish I had a platform powerful enough to do it justice, as it is I usually have to play on a tiny map just to get anywhere, which only give me glimpses of how great the mod is while I struggle (or not) against only 2 AIs and a handful of barbs....my poor little laptop cannot cope with anything larger and tends to crash often.....trouble is I never know if it's due to me pushing the laptop too far or if I've hit some bug in the coding (always worries when the screen does an odd "shift", usually signals the game is about to crash....but not always)

Strangely one of the features I've found to be the most useful is the Sentry wake with land/sea buttons, such a small feature but makes so much sense.
Have you tried version 15, its way smaller. Never know
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:19 AM   #2813
Argroww
Warlord

As it's only recently been released and I'm on 12 hours shifts (:-() at the moment AND I was playing Brutal Legend with what little time I could keep myself awake last night.....no....however I will probably download it tonight with a view to give it a go tomorrow night.....I have a feeling v16 will get released before I manage to actually finish a game....but then that's my fault for liking to play on the longest game length.

Question though, would the game length have any difference on how much resources the civ 4 engine will demand out of my laptop, might I find that I have a more stable/faster (turn speed rather than game length) game if I play a shorter one?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:26 AM   #2814
wolfman1234
King

Great job, man, is there any scenario for this mod? A historic one i mean, no epic game.
wolfman1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2815
nichopoleve
Warlord

If I play vikings I can build european culture.
Is there any way I can build American or someone else?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:49 AM   #2816
strategyonly
Caveman2Cosmos Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman1234 View Post
Great job, man, is there any scenario for this mod? A historic one i mean, no epic game.
Anything marked that starts with C2C in the front of the map., but most dont have any civs, just starting points, but i think there is a few with civ, dont know for sure, i only use, Narnia, and Continental Divide for sea/ocean purposes (but this one is the HARDEST map you'll ever play.)
Old Aug 04, 2011, 03:06 AM   #2817
Hydromancerx
C2C Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichopoleve View Post
If I play vikings I can build european culture.
Is there any way I can build American or someone else?
Yes. Make sure you have "Assimilation" checked off at the beginning of your custom game. In doing so any city you take over will be able to build the unique building for that civ. For example if you are Vikings you get Culture (European), which allows for cultures like Culture (Roman) or Culture (French). However if you take over say the Native American civ it allows you to build Culture (American) which in turn allows for cultures like Culture (Aztec) or Culture (Apache). Understand? The more types of civs you take over the more cultures you can unlock. Note that there is only one Oceania civ which is Australia which unlocks cultures like Culture (Aborigine), Culture (Polynesian) or Culture (Maori).
Hydromancerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:33 AM   #2818
Sleeeper
Warlord

So in my game (last svn) AI has 1 Slinger left in city, and some units around. But it doesn't care about my army near the city and doesn't move units inside to defend. It only attacks my units from time to time. And i can easily capture the city with 1 unit.

Save file is max compat.

Last edited by Sleeeper; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Sleeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:44 AM   #2819
bill2505
King

improvments like palicade when you build them in the ancient era you are ok but when you move to clasical era the cities are wall less
bill2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:02 AM   #2820
nichopoleve
Warlord

My game goes into an infinite loop when I end this turn. Can someone check and see what might cause the problem?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mike BC-3030.zip (747.0 KB, 5 views)