star trek mod month version( for main beta 3)

Imrahiel

Chieftain
Here is one version of the Star Trek main mod for playing it in months and.
This thread is for his new versions and to give feedback about it.

Changelists old versions

Spoiler :

Changlist for beta 1

- you can now play in months
- technologies have higher costs
- technologies are now more powerfull
- ship costs, strenghts and movements have changed and they can not bombarded
-the attack ships ( defiant etc..) are now normal units
- planentary buildings are cheaper
- orbital buidlings costs now a lot more
- buildings are more powerfull
- some Unique Buildings make the Civis more Trekki ( like Cloning Chamber which give a verry hig military production bonus)

changelist beta 2

- added a refitsystem
- only unique units in game ( starbase and colony/constructenship still ununique)
-shipnames added ( USS Hood, USS Intrepid .....)
- technologies added

beta 2 2

-fixed some text bugs
- fixed airrange bug
- cloaking only for BOP, Warbird,Valdore,Vorcha,K'tinga, Romulan Scout.
- see cloak for all Dominion ships
- add blitz to all units

-beta 2.3
- changed some combat strengths
- add USS Defiant ( a Defiant-class ship with cloak and march)

-beta 3

- add IKS Rotaran
- add Promotion Sentry 2 and Sentry 3
- delete unique baracks and correct building bug
- now you can build buildings again
- changed costs of units
- add dominion fighter (DW) and dominion battleship( DW) to the Cardassian
both are buildable after researching Fight the Dominion

beta 3.1 ( newst version)

- fixed some text bugs
- fixed starting technologie bug for kazon and hirogen
- fixed the bug that you can not play a free game( privatemaps folder)

beta 3.2

- change costs of colony ship and borgprobe

for playing the mod
-the patch is mainly for the epich game speed i do not know how it works with other speeds
- unzip and copy the xml folder in the star trek folder/ assets for playing.
- unzip and copy the privatemaps folder in your star trek mod folder

REALTREK MAP 2.5

Changelist

- added over 30 star systems
- editet star systems ( systems like Sol have the nearly same planets as real)
- changed cultur now all :
founding systems has culture 10000
homeworlds 1000
big colonies( population 2) 500
colonies ( population 1) 100
- changed population
homeworlds 8
big colonies 2
colonies 2
- some worlds have different population or culture
-add new start ships
Federation: Daedalus
Klingons: D5
Romulan: Bop(ENT)
Ferengi:Shuttle(TOS) and Marauder(TOS)
Breen: Cruiser(TOS)
Bajoran: Raider ( TOS)
Cardassian: Hideki(TOS) and Galor(TOS)
Dominion : Battleship( TOS) and Fighter(TOS) over 100 ships
-the new version 2.5 is compatible with the new mod version 3 beta
- My mod is needed for playing the map.

Dominion War beta 1.

about the map

The map is based on my realtrek map
The changes are :

- each civi has the technologies from the Dominion War Time
- each civi has big fleets and the units, that they had in DW
- the Federation, the Klingons, Romulans and Bajor are one team and in War with the second team Cardassia, the Dominion and the Breen
- the gamestarts in 2373
- all cities all developed and have more culture
- DS9 save the Wormhole and the Dominion have to destroy it when it want to have trops from the other side
- the USS Defiant and IKS Rotaran help also to defend it
- the only victory option is conquest.

- for playing is important that:

-there will be no change between war and peace and the Romulan, Breen and Bajoran are in war at the beginnig.
- in adition the ferengies are only there to full the space, because they can not declare war
- The map needs my mod version 3 beta
- Loading times of a few minutes are normal and it is normal that when you see the normal game button on your screen the game has not finished loading. In this situation wait a few minutes and click with our mouse one time.
- it could be that the map crashes, I does not know if it works on other Computers

for future
- I will work on balancing the mod and adding civilopedia for units

Is nearly the old version. I do not know how many changes between the old are.

But the next versino wiil be included Unque units and I hope including Daedlus and new techs( for starting earlier
I also will change the upgrade system to a refit system( same model for the unit
but higher stats.)
For example for Excelsior:
1. Excelsior
2. Excelsior( LE = Lost Era)
3.Excelsior ( TNG)
4. Excelsior( DW = Domion WAR)

@ Jeelen: Do you think that will make the game better?

A bit too soon to tell (I just started a game with your modifications), though it certainly adds flavour and challenge (because of the increase in build and research cost). I'm looking forward to playing it through (started as the UFP, obviously) as well as to your updated version and Real Trek map once you release the next versions.;)

Well, I played the UFP, Custom Game on Star Trek Flat map with all Alpha Quadrant civs plus the Borg. On turn 60 I noticed the first barb Light I and by turn 110 I'd lost 3 scout units, while the Borg beat me to building the Multi-Race Database (quite appropriate, actually). After allying with the Klingons they lost Qo'noS to barbs (turn 151. This happens a bit too often, not just with this setup; seems the AI badly defends their colonies.) By then I'd met the Cardies, Breen and Dominion and built the Border Defense Network.

Around turn 175 barbs were Light IIs mainly and I replaced my lost scouts with 2 Exploration IIIs. Turn 215: the Dominion takes Boreth from the barbs, who by turn 225 start using Light IIIs. At turn 241 I lost another scout to the Alien Vessel and the Klingons became a vassal of the Dominion.

I quit on turn 244, as the Crystalline Entity took my newly founded colony of Tellar.

Comment

Apart from higher build and research cost I kind of missed the other changes you mention. Time progressed by year as usual (I think you need a specific WBS or map to implement that effectively). Overall gameplay is slower mostly, which actually takes away from the fun (like when you spend a lot of time researching and building a Wonder someone else finishes first).* I started another game as the Romulans, basically confirming what I just pointed out. (Although, to be true, I now did manage to build the MRD plus the BDN despite a crappy starting location without a "State Religion" founded.);)

* Epic game speed might work best with a scenario/mod that has a lot of preplaced cities and units (like DS9 or your own realtrek).

@ JeelenThank you for feedack.
It is righ,t my mod version will be mainly for an big map.
@all :The next version of the mod will be included uniqe units and names for ships and a refit system.
It will start a little bit earlier because it, will be including Daedalus class.
I Don'T now if old saves work with the new version.
After the new version I will work on an map for it

@all and Jeelen: If nothing special happens the next version will realse on Sunday this Weekend or next Weekend.

all@: What kinds of Refit endings could have the Domion and the Delta Quadrant units?

For the Ferderation,Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Breen, Ferengi and Babarians, ( hoping to replace there fnal frontier units with ships of Orions,Maquis,Ferengi and Tholians)
the Refits mostly will be

Mov(Movie Era, only for a few)
LE ( the Lost ERA= time between Start of Enterprise-B an TNG)
TNG(The Next Generation= 2363 to 2370)
DW( Dominion War 2371 and later)

So please give my our ideas for Domion and Delta Quadrant.

because in Alpha and Beta Quadrant the most civies have an identic timeline.
I also interested at articles for civipedia for the follwing units , because I can not speech very good English:
Spoiler :

Federation:

Miranda
Soyuz
Constiutionrefit
Excelsior
Ambassador
Constellation
Galaxy
Nebula
Defiant
Akira
Sovereign
Prometheus
Fedstarbase.

Klingons:

D5
D7
Bird of Prey
K'tinga
Vorcha
Neghvar
Klistarbase

Romulans:
Drone
Warbird_ENT
Warbird_TOS
D7
Scout
D'Deridex(Warbird)
Valdore

Cardassians:
Galor
Hideki
Keldon

Domion

Battleship

Breen:

Scout
Cruiser
Battleship

Ferengi:

Shuttle
Marauder

and Babarians:

Tholianship
Maquisraider
Ferengipirates(Marauder)
Orionship

So please feel free to post nice ones( i will add them) or if you know how to add by xmleditor tell my and i will send you the files.

also interested at articles for civipedia for the follwing units

You should check out Star Trek Omnipedia (or Encyclopedia) on-line, which has entries for ALL ships in Star Trek.

(Not sure what you mean by "Refit endings"?)

Yes that I could do, but I need short good articles. ( But that is not my mainproblem , the mod can work without them.)

@ Jeelen'Refit Endings' are endings for an unit to make clear what kind of refit it is.
For example:

Miranda
1. Refit: Miranda(LE)
2.Refit : Miranda(TNG)
3 Refit : Miranda(DW)

LE; TNG and DW are the ' Refit Endings' , but I do not know them for Domion and Delta Quadrant.

The Units have the same model and animation , but a different strenght, movment speed and cost, ....
I make the 'Refit System' to stop replacing Ships with other Ships ( Like replacing Ambassador with Galaxy), that is unrealistic. When you want a new ship you have build it, but with me 'Refit System ' you can refit an older ship and take for mission in the future. A refited ship is not so good like a new ship but you need only money to refit it .
I hope now you understand what a ' Refit Ending ' is .

On Omnipedia: you'd need to excerpt the technical bits then. (Or whatever you want in the Civpedia. I mentioned it because all the relevant info is in there, I think.)

On Refit endings: Thx, I thought that was what you meant. Since you use the series/movies as suffix in one instance, I suggest:
DS9 for Dominion
VOY(ager) for Borg, Viidian, Hirogen, etc.
So, like in your example, the refit suffix should match their appearance on the screen (that would also match the main mod eras). That way you'd get consistency.

PS: Editing out the rest of FF units would be awesome!:cool:

There following small news for all:

Two new techs will are add in my mod Fight the Borg and Fight the Dominion.
The Delta Quadrant civis will be playble, but mod will be mainly be Alpa Quadrant and Beta Quadrant.

Did I miss a new version or is the one mentioned in the first post the new version due out this month???

The new version will realse this week on Saturday or Sunday.
I have a problem with unique units. When I have fix it, I will upload the new version and before the weekend I have time to fix it.

I'm having a problem getting the star trek beta 3 (0.75) downloaded. PakBuild is not opening the art files in the star trek art and sound package. Is there a problem?

changelist beta 2

- added a refitsystem
- only unique units in game ( starbase and colony/constructenship still ununique)
-shipnames added ( USS Hood, USS Intrepid .....)
- technologies added

for playing the mod
-the patch is mainly for the epich game speed i do not know how it works with other speeds
- unzip and copy the xml folder in the star trek folder/ assets for playing.
- when you play my realtrekmap you have to delete the old barracks and to replace them by the unique oces
-babarians won't work without plaents

Cool!:thumbsup: But how do you delete the barracks? Do you mean in-game?:confused:

BTW, have a nice vacation!;)

Top Bottom