Civilization IV: War of Two Cities Available for Smartphones

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
A mobile version of Civ4, Civilization IV: War of Two Cities, is now available for phones that run Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices. A company that focuses on games for phones, Concrete Software today announced that the game had been ported to this new platform and can be bought from multiple wireless providers. Here is a description of the game:
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: War of Two Cities takes classic aspects of Civilization and pulls them into a new strategic game, allowing players to engage in world domination via their mobile phone. Using technology development, army building and combat, players will nurture and expand an empire while progressing from the birth of civilization to modern times. Within this casual format, players will advance through the game revealing new features and strategies.

We are certainly seeing the expansion of the Civilization series beyond its traditional role as just a PC game, making its way onto consoles and phones.

>> Click here to read the press release

"Are you a bad enough dude to attack Rome? Winners don't do drugs!"

I suppose one collects the grain to become Carbohydrate Mario and knock the wall down. Here's hoping Peach-hime isn't in yet another castle.

You know what would be nice? A 3D, watered down Civ4 for the iPhone/Touch.

I think this is a terrible waste of the Civ4 brand. IMHO, Civ4 is being diluted with all of these off-shoots and newer editions. Why not simply port the full Civ4 over to WinMo or Maemo, replacing the 3d graphics with a static, 2d/pseudo-3d view? Civ4 isn't that intense underneath the pretty graphics, is it? Add in the ability to sync saved games from my computer to my mobile, I'd pay $40+.

I'm getting pretty annoyed at these Civ spin-offs on handelds, consoles, and now cell phones. I hope these all fail so Firaxis will focus on Civ for the PC only, the only platform that can truly support a game as complex as Civ is and should be.

This game is no good. I downloaded it onto my phone only because of the Civ IV brand, and was supremely disappointed. This is the video game version of the classic bait-and-switch scam, and I feel I was had.:mad:

I still played it for a little while, because hey, I spent the money already, and I was bored and not close to my computer where I might play *actual* Civ. But honestly, the game is so incredibly simple and involves so little strategy that, IMHO, it should never have received the Civ brand name, which should be reserved for games that don't totally suck.

A ******ed monkey could created this game. It's maybe half a step above Pong, and adjusting for the times, that puts it somewhere between "dirty dishwater" and "rusty bent nails" in terms of play value today.

If you're looking for a game that will at least pass the time while you're unable to do much else and have your phone on you, I'd suggest Surviving High School 08. A silly game but there are lots of episodes and it's a little addictive. A total waste of time, but at least a mildly entertaining one, unlike some games which I just mentioned.:crazyeye:

I really hope there will be some form of classic Civ for the iPhone!
Maybe Civ Revolutions could even run on it, or maybe a reworked CivII - that would rock. :)

Top Bottom