TCN- (Governor-General, Faction Leader)
Lord Civius- (Secretary-General)
1889- (Foreign Minister)
vra379971- (Defence Minister)
Joe Harker (Admiral of the Navy)
west india man- (Mr. Olpid) Ambassador to the Free States
James009
Kiwi Az

The First Republic of Areteania and original Federation have dissolved and both factions' members have united under one banner. I have been in discussion with them and other citizens concerning the constitution. This is the revised and final draft of the Federation constitution ratified this 15th Day of Pyryama (ibinise calender).

The Federation Constitution
The "Federation of Free States" is a union of four partially self-governing states (old regions) united by a central ("federal") government. In a federation, the self-governing status of the component states is constitutionally entrenched and may not be altered by a unilateral decision of the central government unless a States decision is harmful or counter-productive to the nation as a whole.

Section I - Executive positions

Governor-General- Prime Faction leader
Plays the game save according to the instructions in the TC thread, or appoints a DP to do the same. He also maintains the TC schedule and posts each TC thread to include date, time, DP if he is not playing it and if it will be online.
Veto Power-
If a state gives an instruction that is either harmful or counterproductive to the nation as a whole the Governor-General reserves the right to veto it.

Secretary-General-
The Secretary-General is in charge of Federation (faction) and Citizen issues. He also acts as the Regent did to the King, stepping up if the Governor General is incapacitated or becomes inactive. He also presides over the Assembly Hall, overseeing discussions and floor votes. Incase of a tie the SG is the deciding vote.

Minister of Defense-
During times of peace it is the Ministers duty to create and maintain our overall defensive strategy. He makes requests to the Governor General concerning units, buildings, Improvements and military treatys.

Minister of Religious Affairs- (title subject to change)
Makes requests to the States concerning construction of religious buildings and missionaries. He also posts instructions for spreading religion both domesticly and abroad.

Minister of Foreign Affairs-
All foreign issues including Trade, Treaties and Espionage are his domain.

The Ministers act as the Governor Generals' Chief Advisors. It is their duty to oversee discussions and give detailed instructions that are in line with the will of the general citizenry or the best course of action if consensus is not reached. These positions will be offered to Federation members first .

Section II - Free States and Representation

Free States of Aretenia: the 4 State Solution
Arete Proper
New Arkadia
Greater Edorai (formerly "Dark East")
Ibisinia

One EGAH Rep will be elected from the general citizenry for each State. The EGAH Reps will have full control of their States' cities and territorial tiles with the exception of unit construction for the Federations' Army and Navy. This will be controlled by the Governor General under the advise of his Defense Minister. Unit production will come in the form of requests to the State EGAH Reps but the Federations Central Gov't retains the power to force a Reps hand if he is being blatantly counterproductive to the welfare of this great Civilization.

The Federations' constitution gaurantees all citizens have representation. EGAH Representatives are elected by the citizens that reside within the cities controlled by their State. States in effect become secondary Factions that control (for the most part) all the decisions concerning their cities and territorial tiles. The Federations central authority,a long with the 4 EGAH Reps ,binds the nation as a whole and ensures its' National interests come first.

The Federation will honor the official Borders of each Free State decreed first by their Territorial borders and secondly by the tiles they are working. All tiles being worked (at the time of this constitutions posting) by a Free State will remain property of said Free State for Gameplay purposes and can only be changed if it is conceded by its EGAH Representative.

It is the duty of all EGAH Reps to post instructions for their state in the TC thread 8 hours before a scheduled turn session. Failure to do so will result in the Governor General making the decisions for you.

Estates General Assembly Hall- State Representatives

In an attempt to unify the populace behind a representative faction we think it is necessary to give the EGAH some teeth. Each TC the 4 State Representatives can vote on major issues concerning the Aretan Nation as a whole. Including but not limited to:
  1. The current research path to include at minimum 3 techs. Each Rep will nominate 3 techs and they will be researched in the order of votes gained. This will be done after each TC so a path may change before all techs voted for are researched.
  2. Any National Wonders that can be constructed when the next TC begins. Each Rep is to vote for which city he thinks it best to construct any National wonder available.
  3. Declaring War is a matter that will effect all of the Free States and a majority vote from the Assembly is needed to approve a DOW request from the Governor General. If the Assembly wants to declare war against the wishes of the Governor General then they must gain a unanymous vote. A Rep that fails to vote will be considered a yes vote for DOW.
  4. Orders for any great people born during the previous TC or one that is to be born in the next TC. Majority rules.
The Secretary General must conduct a quorom call once a week to ensure all Reps are still active.

Section III Leadership accountability
Elections
Spoiler :

• Federation Elections for Governor General will be held once every two weeks. Any Federation member can put his name on the ballot. All citizens can vote in this election.
  • Federation Elections for Secretary General will be held once every two weeks. Any Federation member can put his name on the ballot. Only Federation members can vote in this election.
  • State Elections for their EGAH Representative will be held once every two weeks on the off week of the Federation Elections. A citizen can only run in the State that he resides in as well as only citizens of a State can vote for their EGAH Rep.
  • If any of the preceding positions become vacated for any reason, emergency elections will begin immediately. Interims will be appointed by the Governor General until the position is filled.
Gameplay Guidelines
Spoiler :
Minimum 2 Turn Chats per week, 5-10 turns per TC though the game can be stopped at anytime during a TC if the Governor General or DP feels they can justify it to the citizenry.

Turn Chats and Designated Players
A turn chat schedule will be created for the Federation faction giving detailed information on who will play the save, the date, time and if it will be online. It will give the schedule for a minimum of 3 TC's in advance. All citizens of the Dgame can request to play a Turn Chat and be a DP if they have access to the Save. If you want to be a Designated Player request so here with the full details of your availability. A Designated Player is any general citizen that wants a chance to play the save but must fllow the instructions laid out in the TC's thread to the letter. If he/she feels any instructions need to be altered during gameplay then they must stop and save the game to plead their case. If the Governor General or Vice Governor is present during the chat they may give permission to alter instructions.

Gameplay Instructions
Under the Federation all instructions are distributed and assigned to avoid any confusion on who is to post what in the TC thread. Here is the highlights of instruction duties:
EGAH State Reps- Are to post the instructions for their States' cities micromanagement and city build qeues for 10 turns. along with any improvements needed in their territory.
Minister of Defense- All military unit movements, upgrades and promotions and overall defensive strategy during peacetime and offensive strategy during preperations for war.
Minister of Religious Affairs- All religion related instructions.
Minister of Foreign Affairs- All Trade, Treatise and Espionage point distribution and Espionage Missions. unit movements of all spys, scouts and explorers.

Land-Ownership Policy:
All citizens with land grants under the CoA will be given full rights to their tiles. It is no longer the Kings land in your hands. The ALG will remain as the official office of land distribution in the RPG. The rest of the RPG will remain as is with the exception of the King (PF leader) getting 20% from all tile sales.

Wonderful,

This came out really great, and I like the name ;).

How will corporations be handled? I’d be happy to manage them under the Ministry of Trade and Foreign Affairs but it may be more fun to have them run by the city that founds them. In any case they are lots of fun so I hope we can adopt national policies that head us toward get one quickly.

Good question...

As a nation-first outlook, I would say national benefit should be the cause of all corporate policies, however that's pretty broad.

I would say that it the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may well be made to include domestic corporate (and international corporate) policies in his reports to the Governor General.

As far as the constitution says, Great People are the EGAHs' responsibility. I think we should take the corporation aspect a little deeper though. It would add some more flavor to the game.

We should go ahead and do the Faction elections since the election poll will go up tomorrow. It is important that we have the Governor General position filled soon. I have played the save the last 2 times and would be glad to take more of a minor position for the first election cycle. I nominate TCN for Governor General.

Your OP says "Organized Religion". Is this true or do you intend to use Free Religion as I have heard some discussion on this issue?

Organized Religion. Factories and National Wonders (some long overdue) need to be built, Hindu missionaries need to bring our State religion to the rest of the world. I can see an eventual shift to free religion in the future but O.R. helps us much more right now. Changing non-gov't Civics will also be a decision for the EGAH Reps as they are national issues.

I second thecommonnate.

I will run for Governor General if Lord Civius wishes to take a more minor role.

The first G-G will have to be chosen in Faction to be our voice durng the election. I cast my vote for thecommonnate as our first Governor-General. Does anyone else in the faction want to run this time around? If no one else has put their name on the ballot by 11:00 PM GMT today (Wednesday) then the election will be conceded to TCN. Time is a factor as the PF election starts today.

Congratulations thecommonnate. :goodjob:

I vote for (or congratulate) TCN as G-G.

What cities are in each state? :)

Found it out in another thread

Also I assume elections for states reps would happen after the prime faction election, should we win, instead of electing them before hand?

But i would like to put my name forward for New Arkadia :)

Seems tcn is the only candidate for G-G so congrats!
You are right on your analysis Joe, only Federation faction elections before the PF is chosen.
I'd like to put my name on the ballot for Sec-Gen.

Also, how many offices can one person hold at any one time, or will that depend on how many people their are, and apart from G-G and S-G can non-faction members apply for cabinet positions?

(Sorry for the questions, just prempting any questions about the faction in the debate and poll thread :))

I second Lord Civius for Secretary-General.

Port Civius as a vital overseas territory needs to be added to the Free State Roster.

As a trade and military center for the Federation, it deserves to be represented by it`s own speaker, and to be considered a truly Free State from it`s distance from Arete itself.

Also, how many offices can one person hold at any one time, or will that depend on how many people their are, and apart from G-G and S-G can non-faction members apply for cabinet positions?

(Sorry for the questions, just prempting any questions about the faction in the debate and poll thread :))

Only one office may be held at one time. The Gov-Gen can appoint cabinet level positions to non-PF members if he needs to (or wants to). He may also add postitions if participation warrants. In the case of too little participati0on then we'll have to do whatevers necessary.

Port Civius as a vital overseas territory needs to be added to the Free State Roster.

As a trade and military center for the Federation, it deserves to be represented by it`s own speaker, and to be considered a truly Free State from it`s distance from Arete itself.

I was pondering this earlier while looking at tcn's residency thread. It should definately not be part of the 4 States and I think it is a little much to be considered a State. What about a federal territory, controlled by the federation?

To clear up any confusion a Federation member may become a State Rep if he is elected by the citizens of that state. So one could hold a Federation position and a Rep position at one time. He may not, however hold 2 federation positions at one time unless we are in dire straits.

Top Bottom