New Arkadia Run-off Poll

Which candidate should represent New Arkadia?

• Joe Harker

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Civplayah

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Civius

Emperor
Vote for the candidate to represent New Arkadia in the Estates General Assembly Hall. This is a 24 hour poll.

I plan on listening to the governor's outputs and also throwing in my own suggestions when I disagree with the Governor. I will never make any rash decisions that have not been properly discussed. Since we are lacking in ecomomy right now, some markets and banks will be built. I promise you I will always do what's best for New Arkadia and the country as a whole.

I'm glad to see a poll rather then just a one candidate situation. However we are pressed for time, as the next TC is soon.
I would like to ask everyone here to save their time before voting, and don't do it simply on what has happened in the past, whether bad or good.

To the candidates, I would like to remind you that whoever elected will not only represent themselves, but also the two other members remaining in New Arkadia. Your job is representing the Free State of New Arkadia, let the Central Government decide if your State's action hinders game-play.

Other then that, I'm sure both candidates would make great Representatives. I have not made my vote yet. I expect to return later this night and cast my vote, and as I have stated earlier, I would advise all of you to do the same.

I would plan to make New Arkadia a centre of commerce, science and culture within the Areteian Empire, there are a lot of cities with good commerce potential and i would promise to do the best i can do to make the most valuable land in the world for the benefit of both New Arkadia but much more importantly, for Arete. This would invole ensuring that all cities had university, banks, markets, groccers, trade ports if the city is on the coast and maybe the odd wonder should the the President allow ;)

I already voted for JOE!

Well Thanks! :D

BTW Shouldn't this election only have voters from the actual state, me Civplayah and dutchfire?

BTW Shouldn't this election only have voters from the actual state, me Civplayah and dutchfire?

"The Federations' constitution gaurantees all citizens have representation. EGAH Representatives are elected by the citizens that reside within the cities controlled by their State."

Well, that's what it says. But then we don't need a poll. We could just ask dutchfire who he wants. :D

Your right about that Joe, but for the same reason Cyc just pointed out, I would opt to continue it on this way. It would most likely be a tied poll without dutchfire.

With the limited time we have before Wednesdays TC and Dutch not being as active lately it is basically a tie if we didn't have a run-off. Besides State Rep elections will now be the responsibility of each State. Sorry for the confusion but as I said time was the factor. If you guys want to include all citizens in future State elections it would have to be unanymous among the States.

Less than 2 hours to go and we may end up with a tie! Seems there is no remedy for this and we must leave the issue for the States' citizens to work out.

I voted for Joe Harker.

Both candidates were very well stacked up and equally beneficial to the nation. It was Joe's membership from the beginning that caused me to make my decision (which was pretty hard, actually), the very thing I had warned about previously.

I felt it necessary though, because both seemed to have the general idea of where we were heading and what we needed to do.

Congrats Joe. I am for making Civplayah Rep of Greater Edorai if he wishes to fill the vacant seat until the next election cycle. A change of residence would be required.

I am not really interested in elections where both candidates "citizens input". There is a new civfanatics political correctness that is only about a new enlightenment, protecting small children against big threats, being humanitarian etc.

I know most players of civ feel like that in their real lives. No surprises there. However, I would like to see stronger stances, and stronger stances being rewarded both on gameplay and roleplay. The more generic and centrist this game becomes, the more boring and irrelevant it becomes, before it dies.

Political correctness is fine dosed correctly, but lethal in a massive injection. PC mentality does not only kill gaming and roleplay, but also innovation, business, freedom of speech etc. Overtalking liberalism and freedom principles also make these irrelevant.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me and thanks civplayah for a good election

I am not really interested in elections where both candidates "citizens input". There is a new civfanatics political correctness that is only about a new enlightenment, protecting small children against big threats, being humanitarian

We were trying to win an election, we weren't going to say we butcher every person that disagrees with us! (That starts after the election has been won.... ;))

I am not really interested in elections where both candidates "citizens input". There is a new civfanatics political correctness that is only about a new enlightenment, protecting small children against big threats, being humanitarian etc.

I know most players of civ feel like that in their real lives. No surprises there. However, I would like to see stronger stances, and stronger stances being rewarded both on gameplay and roleplay. The more generic and centrist this game becomes, the more boring and irrelevant it becomes, before it dies.

Political correctness is fine dosed correctly, but lethal in a massive injection. PC mentality does not only kill gaming and roleplay, but also innovation, business, freedom of speech etc. Overtalking liberalism and freedom principles also make these irrelevant.

What is your beef with the game Provo? There is plenty of death in the latest RPG story and we are planning an invasion on the Mayans. If it is the representative aspect then blame the faction system as it dictates the overall RP of the Prime Faction. What specificly has you pissed off?

Like Civius said, there have been a ton of Important Deaths in the game like Diamondeye, and as a hint, Lord Civius have been planning something big. ;)

Congrats, Joe! [party]. I would love to be the Governor of Greater Edorai, and thank you for the nomination, Lord Civius.

Top Bottom