Can you remember the Civ IV tech tree by heart?

Can you remember the Civ IV tech tree by heart

• Yes

Votes: 55 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 118 68.2%

• Total voters

Genv [FP]

Website Moron
I can! :lol:

Most of it, the modern era techs changed a little in BtS.

I know most of it, the first half is easy, post Assembly Line is where I lose track.

This is one of my biggest downfalls when I try to play FFH II though, that tech tree is so different, I cant seem to get it figured out. Its not just Calendar either, there are a bunch of big branches in that game.

I wasn't sure...it seemed like an odd question at first.

Then I tried, and yes...yes I can remember the entire tech path by heart. I guess if you play the game enough...

well ... know up to around mid Medival ... usually lose interest in the game around that point and start a new one :p

All right well let's see here, I think I've played enough games. Whenever you're struggling to catch up in tech, or beelining stuff for war, it helps to ingrain the tree in your memory. So sort of grouped by era... (though not precisely)

Fishing, Hunting, The Wheel, Agriculture, Mysticism, Mining, Sailing, Animal Husbandry, Pottery, Archery, Bronze Working, Masonry, Polytheism, Meditation, Writing, Priesthood, Monotheism.

Alphabet, Mathematics, Aesthetics, Currency, Code of Laws, Calendar, Construction, Iron Working, Horseback Riding, Compass, Literature, Drama, Monarchy, Metal Casting.

Philosophy, Music, Theology, Feudalism, Machinery, Civil Service, Engineering, Guilds, Optics, Paper, Banking, Divine Right... is that all medieval has?

Education, Nationalism, Astronomy, Liberalism, Printing Press, Economics, Constitution, Military Tradition, Gunpowder, Chemistry, Military Science, Replaceable Parts.

This is where it gets tricky... Uhh... Democracy, Steel, Rifling, Corporation, Steam Power, Railroad, Scientific Method, Physics, Biology, Communism, Assembly Line, Fascism, Medicine, Artillery, Combustion, Electricity, Industrialism.

Flight, Plastics, Rocketry, Refridgeration, Fission, Radio, Mass Media, Satellites, Superconductors, Advanced Flight, Computers, Robotics, Composites, Ecology, Laser, Fiber Optics.

Stealth, Genetics, Fusion, Future Tech.

All right, so someone tell me what I missed so I can slap myself in the face. :lol:

All the way until around Assembly line/Physics

Not just the tech tree, but also the COST

I highly doubt you can remember the exact cost of each tech if you can't remember after AL / phys

I don't think I could recite it, but if I was quizzed on it, I could answer the questions.

I know how things work. I mentally group techs into categories like Economic (Currency, Code of Laws, Corporation), Scientific (Writing, Scientific Method), Religious (Priesthood, Theology, Divine Right), Hard Military (Iron Working, Rifling, Flight), and Soft Military (Military Science, Fascism). Generally, like leads to like. If my economy is going bust, I'll focus on the Economic group, and so on.

I generally think more in terms of feel and immediate need than in terms of beelines and prerequisites. So I could do reasonably well on a quiz, but I could hardly cite the tree verbatim.

For a long time I could only play small/standard maps, my games used to end usually just after Liberalism. Now I have a better computer and I'm play huge maps, I'm still learning how to fight war with tanks. I know the tech tree well up to Liberalism, after that I am still learning.

I'm actually quite rubbish when it comes down to remembering the tech tree, always forget what pre-reqs are required for this and that tech.

I can probably recite the tech tree up to about writing :lol: before things start getting a bit hazy :crazyeye:

Not a chance. I'm constantly checking the tree and I invariably screw up my Oracle slingshot because I have missed some prerequisite for the tech I'm shooting for.

Top Bottom