[GRAPHICS] Union Jack

Quueg

Warlord
Union Jack Mod
for Civ4:Colonization

This little mod replaces the English St. George's Cross flag with the British Union Jack (1606 version). It's not strictly historical for the start date of the game, but presumably is the flag under which first English colonists settled at Jamestown. And it adds a bit of color to the otherwise pale English color scheme.

NOTE: The mod replaces only the flag for the English colonies, not the in-game button for the English player. The mod also does not change the flag for the English crown, so the REF uses the stock flag. (I may get around some day to changing the button and REF flag too, but no time at the moment.)

INSTALLATION: Extract the Custom Assets folder into the Custom Assets folder in your My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization folder. Say yes to overwrite.

DOWNLOAD: Here

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 290
I can't seem to get this to work. I replaced the CustomAssets folder in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\jgeorge\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization

with your extracted folders, but when I start a new game as the English my caravel still has the simple St. George's cross. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry you're having problems. If I read your post correctly, you should not replace your Custom Assets folder with the one in the mod. Instead, you should unzip the mod into your existing Custom Assets folder. The original Custom Assets folder has a series of subfolders that match up with subfolders in the Assets folder in the main Colonization file. The Custom Assets folder that comes with the mod only has the subfolders where the mod changes a file. Complicated answer, but the point is that if you replace the original Custom Assets folder, you lose a bunch of the necessary subfolders.

EDIT: Actually, I messed up and put the flag decal in the wrong folder. DOH! I'll post a fix later, but you can fix it by going into Custom Assets/Art/Interface and move the FlagDECAL_StGeorgeCross file into the Teamcolor folder.

EDIT 2: Corrected file posted now. Sorry for the mistake.

Top Bottom