Which Constitution freedom is most valuable to you?

Which Constitution freedoms are most valuable to you?

• All Men are Free (+2 population per Settlement)

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Controlled Arms (+50% Liberty Bells per Settlement)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elections (+100% Founding Fathers Point Race)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Manifest Destiny (+50% v's Natives and your borders dominate)

• Monarchy (Can continue to trade with Europe)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Native Rights (Strengthens Relations with Natives)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Right to Bare Arms (Don't have to wear a suit to work)

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Separation of Church and State (Converts Immigration crosses into liberty bells)

• Slavery (+25% all raw materials)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Theocracy (Converts Immigration crosses into Production)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

dalgo

Emperor
I trade with Europe a lot so Monarchy would be tops for me. The other picks I make are All Men are Free, Controlled Arms, Native Rights and Separation of Church and State.

Right to bear arms, it ('s supposed to) protects all the others.

Right to "bare" arms - :lol:

I'm still just experimenting, but it seems that for larger colonies with extra guns and/or horses that All Men Are Free is best. For smaller colonies with FFs left, I'd say Elections.

Anyone who doesn't answer all men are free doesn't understand how to play the game...

Anyone who doesn't answer all men are free doesn't understand how to play the game...

Not true. Depending on your colonies and strategy, certain other rights may be more useful. However, out of the choice between Slavery or Freedom, Freedom wins, every single time.

The main reason it seems All Men are Free is so broken in this game, is because it helps to dampen another broken issue, in which you must kill off population before hand.

I want them to change "the right to bare arms" benefit. It is currently uncompetitive with "controlled arms," and I personally hate clicking on it since I'm a libertarian, I feel as if I am oppressing my people. I at least want to see it competitive, I think it should make it so you get a +25 gun storage possibility per colonist, that would make it competitive and be a much more accurate way of representing the right, since homes can now store guns.

As the game stands now, be a liberal all the way down.

All men are free: 2 extra soldiers/dragoons per colony, much better than a raw materials boost
Elections: you'll usually have some good FFs still to grab, and you really don't need to trade with Europe if you've built your force properly; plus, just TRY to get your ships back to port with all those MoW running around . . .
Native Rights: yeah, like you're really going to be fighting the natives. There's a somewhat more urgent enemy to deal with.
Separation of Church and State: the bonus to liberty bells pushes up your combat percentage against the REF. The only advantage to pushing up your production is to make cannons faster.
Controlled Arms: Again, more bells means better combat chances. Compared to that, stronger unarmed colonists doesn't count for much.

I cast my vote with the majority--I had 6 colonies when I revolted, with the required number of guns and horses to instantly receive 12 dragoons upon the revolt. In addition to my stockpiled cannon and other troops, I was able to get up to roughly 75% of the king's total numbers on the ground. WoI was not too bad at that point.

Slavery is totally stupid civic.

At that point in the game and especially if you chose elections there is nobody to sell your goods to anyway and you should be pouring men into food, weapon, horse, and LB production if they are not fighting.

All men are free is the best obviously. +2 population means 2 soldiers per town! All men are free! Free to be drafted into my ARMY! mwahhaa

I think it should make it so you get a +25 gun storage possibility per colonist, that would make it competitive and be a much more accurate way of representing the right, since homes can now store guns.

Probably better to make it 'less equipment is needed to create soldiers/dragoons'?

For me currently right to bear arms is quite strong - unarmed colonist became as strong as armed soldiers (if you have no free promotions), while only in case of defence (still, soldiers are best defenders units, dragoons are better in attack nevertheless).

I want them to change "the right to bare arms" benefit. It is currently uncompetitive with "controlled arms," and I personally hate clicking on it since I'm a libertarian, I feel as if I am oppressing my people. I at least want to see it competitive, I think it should make it so you get a +25 gun storage possibility per colonist, that would make it competitive and be a much more accurate way of representing the right, since homes can now store guns.

This is a good idea, and maybe give you free guns as well.

I think the "fewer guns to make soldiers" is a good idea, although how would it overlap with George Washington's abilities?

I think the "fewer guns to make soldiers" is a good idea, although how would it overlap with George Washington's abilities?

That is the problem I can see with that one, you could wind up with units being able to equip with a mere 13 guns with Washington, and that can be a problem in that you wind up being able to arm a hundred soldiers with a mere 1300 guns, which means that it would take 4 cities with warehouse expansion, and one without any warehouse improvements.

I think that instead of granting colonists a strength bonus, it should remove the "can only defend" attribute of the colonist profession. Just because colonists have guns doesn't make them equal to a properly led and organised militia (which is why they shouldn't have a strength bonus IMO), but they should be able to attack the REF at their current strength, which would make them useful in the field rather than just in colony defence, which the game's mechanics seem to suggest is the wrong thing to be doing.

Top Bottom