[MODCOMP] More Buildings

Zuul

Mod lister!
More Buildings

v0.04 by Zuul (2009-01-30)
Addon to Age of Discovery II v1.06 (2008-01-12).

Description
This xml only mod (but python/sdk changed will come in the future). It removes almost all of the start buildings and add a earlier version of most buildings and for some, a later building. Currently no new type of building are added. Future features could be: limit amount of buildings in a town, and having more of same building.

Planning
100% earlier version buildings.
100% later version buildings.
0% new building pedias.
0% new building icons.
0% new building drawings.
0% new building models.
0% new type of buldings.
0% new building features.

Version
Code:
0.01  Initial version (2008-11-19) 14kb
    +Added Buildings (15): Base Camp, Village Hall, Town Hall, Carpenter's Shelter, Storage House, Custom House, Palisade, Landing-Stage, Weaver's Shelter, Fur Trader's Shelter, Distiller's Shelter, Tabacconist's Shelter, Blacksmith Shelter, Weapon Shelter, Pasture
    *Changed Buildings (5): City Hall, Warehouse, Warehouse Expansion, Stockade, Dock
0.02  Second version (2008-11-23) 15kb
    +Added Buildings (4): Ranch, Cathedral, Large School, Telegraph
    *Changed Buildings (3): Large Stable, Large Church, Schoolhouse
    %Fixed so Natvies not able to build new buildings.
0.03  Third version (2008-12-10) 27kb
      +Faster alternative starting version (still slower than vanilla).
      *Raised AI build priority for the 3 first Lumbermills.
      %Fixed Cathedral building requirement.
      %Fixed pirate start buildings.
      *Updated to AoDII v1.03.
      %Founding Fathers now compatible with the new buildings.
0.04  Forth version (2009-01-30) 28kb
      *Stables makes extra hourses (like in LooF/AoD2).
      *Updated buildings to AoD2 v1.06 (2 extra xml fields).
      *Updated founding fathers to AoD2 v1.06.
      *Changed order of buildings.
Install
Add:
\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml (backup)
\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4TraitInfos.xml (backup)
\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingInfos.xml (backup)
\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml
\ModsAgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4FatherPointInfos.xml
\ModsAgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_MB.xml

Or use this faster version:
CIV4CivilizationInfosFast.xml (rename)

List
Code:
* = New building.
^ = Changed building.
- = To be added.
p = Production/hammers.
t = Tools.
h = Horses.
#h = Level of Town Hall required.
#l = Level of Lumber Mill required.

*Base Camp              1p          -
*Village Hall          12p          - 1*2
*Town Hall             90p  30t #2l - 2*3
^City Hall            350p 120t #3l - 3*6 (requres resourses, renamed from Town Hall)

*Carpenter's Shelter    4p          - 1*2
 Carpenter's Shop      50p      #1h - 2*3
 Lumber Mill          150p  80t #2h - 3*6
*Sawmill              400p 150t #3h - 3*6*1,25

*Storage House          6p          - 150
^Warehouse             30p      #1h - 200 10% (0->10% sell)
^Warehouse Expansion   90p  20t #2h - 300 40% (50->40% sell)
*Custom House         350p  80t #3h - 400 60%

*Palisade               6p          -  25% (swap with stockade? - fits graphics)
^Stockade              25p      #1h -  50% (30->25p)
 Fort                  90p  50t #2h - 100%
 Fortress             270h 100t #3h - 150%

*Landing-Stage          6p          - +1
^Dock                  20p      #1h - +2 (25->20p)
 Drydock               75p  50t #2h - +2 #1
 Shipyard             225p 100t #3h - +2 #2

*Weaver's Shelter       4p          - 1*2
 Weaver's House        30p      #1h - 2*3
 Weavers Shop          90p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Texture Mill         270p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Fur Trader's Shelter   4p          - 1*1
 Fur Trader's House    30p      #1h - 2*3
 Fur Trading Post      90p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Fur Factory          270p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Distiller's Shelter    4p          - 1*1
 Destiller's House     30p      #1h - 2*3
 Destillery            90p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Rum Factory          270p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Tabacconist's Shelter  4p          - 1*1
 Tabacconist's House   30p      #1h - 2*3
 Tabacconist's Shop    90p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Cigar Factory        270p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Blacksmith Shelter     6p          - 1*2
 Blacksmith House      50p      #1h - 2*3
 Blacksmith Shop      150p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Ironworks            450p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Weapon Shelter        12p          - 1*2
 Armory               100p      #1h - 2*3
 Magazine             300p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Arsenal              900p 100t #3h - 3*6*1,5

*Pasture                6p  10h     - 1*2
^Stable                50p  50h #1h - 2*3 + 1 (extra horse)
^Large Stable         150p 100h #2h - 3*6 + 2 (renamed from Ranch, extra horses)
*Ranch                400p 200h #3h - 3*6*1,5 + 3 (extra horses)

Printing Press        60p  20t #2h -  +50%
 Newspaper            180p  50t #3h - +100%
*Telegraph            400p 100t #3h - +150%

*Chapel                 6p          - 1*2
 Church                50p      #1h - 2*3
^Large Church         150p  50t #2h - 3*6 (renamed from Chatedral)
*Cathedral            400p 100t #3h - 3*9

*Schoolhouse            6p          - 1*2
 Large School          50p      #1h - 2*3
 College              150p  50t #2h - 3*6
 Univercity           450p 100t #3h - 3*12

Palisade would be a good name for the pre-stockade. You could have a cellar for an early warehouse as well. Sawmill is a better name then Lumber Factory, and an early Stable could just

What should a smaller version of these be called?

Stockade - Palisade
Warehouse - Cellar?
Stable - Pasture

The larger version of theses?
Lumber Mill - Sawmill

In addition, Cathedrals are very big as it is. I don't think there should be a large version. You could always add a Monument or Shrine as a precursor to a Church, then just upgrade the Church and the Cathedral. Somewhat of a reverse problem with the school buildings - Schoolhouses were very small, one-room buildings. You can't really get any smaller. I suppose instead you could have a Library, that boosts the production of a school by 50% or something.

Thanks for the response. Good idéas.

Updated the building list.
Hut -> Shelter
Clearing -> Palisade (easier to reuse graphics)
Lumber Factory -> Sawmill
Changed Stable
Changed Church
Changed School

What about a Well to increase your food yield by X%.

I'd call a samller version of a Dock, the Jetty.

Do you think it is necessary to add an extra level to all the buildings if you are going to force players to produce the "initial" level as well? I'm just wondering how I'm going to be able to produce everything I think I would need given the time frame of the game...

I do like the idea of being able to upgrade your starting Town Hall, though. Maybe only allow 2 statesmen to be assigned initially, and increase it for the higher levels.

Well I have finished about 75% of the first version. Yes the game will be initially slower, but added an extra lumbermill +25% production that might even it out. But we will se after I relase this and we playtest it.

I might do a version with just a few new buildings. Depends on what people want (after they have tried it).

Note: I'm, so addicted to Fallout 3 right now :p.

Ah just for that post I will work on this tonight instead of playing Fallout 3 :p. Thanks

Edit: Uploaded first test version (in first post). Have not playedtested it much at all.

Updated the mod to version 0.02. Added a few buildings and made a bugfix.
This compleates the first stage of the mod.

Next version will have new icons and drawings.

(waiting for this file to be moved to the file section)

Hey Zuul,

I played your mod but i think it's too much micromanagement. You have to build everything again and again only getting a small bonus you got in default colonization for free. It feels more like a punishment instead of an enhancement.
Additional levels of a building should grant more satisfying benefits than just production bonus. And you should focus more on new buildings. The well mentioned in 4th post or a bank house which generates money or a military acedemy where you can train generals and soldiers, i don't know.:crazyeye:

Thanks for the testing. Seen any error or something? Does the AI use the new buildings well?

Yes this version slows down the game alot. Some wont like it, but maybe some will.
I will release a faster alternativ version in a couple of days.

New building types with new features will need SDK coding. Wanted to see what you could get with just XML in first stage of this mod.
Maybe I will add some feature to faster create new cities after a while.

Yes, I didn't get any errors. I looked into world builder and AI seems doing well. Some cities even had more buildings than my own. This is quiet an achievement considering the fact i'm normally obsessed with building everything possible. I'm also looking forward for this alternate version you want to release. Maybe you could provide an option how many levels of buildings are possible or you could link this to game speed (Marathon -> 4 lvl, Epic -> 3 lvl...). Another solution could be changing the bonus of some Founding Fathers giving a specific building in every colony like Hernan Cortes. You could also reduce levels of some essentiell buildings that every colony will build (carpenter's shop, warehouse, town hall, church). Last but not least you could provide some more buildings when founding a colony. This initial buildings could maybe linked to the profession of the founder unit.

Sweet!

Zuul...this will be the first thing I test once I'm done winning my WOI tonight.

I'll give you some feedback and ideas as I have them.

Nice :).

From this thread some doesnt like the way stable/ranch works. So should I change the production somehow (bonus production and or extra pruduction)? Same with any other building?

I've got the mod installed and running.

It's pretty odd starting a colony and then looking at the colony screen and not seeing a damn building. :p

The only thing I have to say so far is that the instructions mention backing up the xml files in the buildings folder in the aod2 mod directory...until I tried installing this mod, I didn't have a buildings folder. It's not a big deal for me since I understood that since I didn't have that folder I had to create one. but it might confuse people not familiar with messing with mods.

I'll play a couple quick games through over the holidays and let you know if I come across any bugs. So far so good though. :)

Nice :).

From this thread some doesnt like the way stable/ranch works. So should I change the production somehow (bonus production and or extra pruduction)? Same with any other building?

I've been messing with the productions myself. :) I want to try a couple games where I get two tools per ore to see if it causes any game imbalances.

I'm also thinking about changing the level 4 buildings to be able to hold as many colonists as I want. My logic behind that is, if I have the raw resources, then I'd probably build my "factory" to such a capacity as to accommodate supply. I remember back in Col1 where you could bug the lumbermill and get mad hammer production. :)

The Ranch production values look fine to me. What did others want to change about it?

OK Zuul, I played a full game on revolutionary with the new buildings, and as a human player, I really liked liked it.

However, I think the other european powers aren't prioritizing certain buildings as high as they should, like the carpenter's shop and the lumber mill. I conquered 8 colonies ofthe french and there wasn't a single lumbermill in there.

I'll keep on playtesting and let you know if I notice anything else worth mentioning.

Thanks for playtesting. Will raise the AI building priority for lumbermills.
Will also change the install instructions :).

Been tinkering with special buildings (or rather city speciality), so if you build one building you cant build the other. But to set requirment to have zero of one building is just ignored instead of checked. So I think an sdk change is needed.

Let me know what you change to increase lumbermill priority for the AI.

Also, for the custom house, how do you increase how many items a turn it will sell for you? I had something like 10000 coats in a settlement, and the damn thing was only selling like 20 coats a turn. :p

Top Bottom