The lazy ruler's guide to a histographic victory in 10 steps

Spoonwood

Grand Philosopher
Of course there's the jaguar warrior rush, but for something different...

1. Play as Carthage or France on an 80% pangea map at a low level (Cheiftain, Warlord, maybe Regent, I think Monarch possible for this strategy, I don't know about Emperor). I prefer Carthage for a coastal start. The smaller the map size, the better (tiny over small, small over standard, etc.)
2. Play with as few opponents as you can.
3. Make sure you have ivory.
4. Build your city and start on The Pyramids.
5. Research Mathematics first.
6. When you learn Maths, swap from The Pyramids to the Statue of Zeus.
7. After the Statue of Zeus, go out exploring with ancient cavalry.
8. Start attacking enemy cities, don't formally declare, just attack. I'd suggest having 2 ancient cavalry before you attack.
9. Once you're down to one tribe, surround the last remaining city with ancient cavalry.
10. Make peace with that tribe eventually, and sign a right of passage with that tribe so your ancient cavalry will stay in their borders and they can't move anywhere.

This actually comes as extremely detailed, so the strategy actually comes out a lot simpler than it may seem here.

I think (I could be very wrong) a spear can instantly appear if you formally declare (not sure though). Best to attack a warrior if you can. You could win this against The Zulu, but along with the Greeks, and the Carthaginians, they probably come among the worst tribes to pick since they have fast wimpis.

Spears seem to instantly be built because when the AI gets in a war he switches most of its production over to military and sometimes rushes cities that are badly protected.

Top Bottom