Bored barbs

Airefuego

King
I checked up on these guys every 1000 years or so. They sure have a crap life.

"Nothing to do, nothing to do... getting cold... nothing to do..."

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I once had a warrior in the same position as that swordsman. Stuck in the gold for thousands of years. In the late game though he managed to escape, my culture covered the tile and I had the Great Wall. Dazed and confused, he wandered into the closest neighboring civilization for some food and a warm bed and was promptly slaughtered.

Also once saw a barb city spawn in one of those locations, a small one tile peninsula blocked off by a mountain. Stayed there the entire game, horray.

with crabs and fish, you could add mining inc for production and plant a city there.

I didn't pay attention in my last game and had a galley in a position similar to the first screenshot! Had to abandon it, of course. And that swordsman must really be lonely :D

I once had a warrior in the same position as that swordsman. Stuck in the gold for thousands of years. In the late game though he managed to escape, my culture covered the tile and I had the Great Wall. Dazed and confused, he wandered into the closest neighboring civilization for some food and a warm bed and was promptly slaughtered.

:lol: :lol:

@Codeman: yes - good idea. Will consider it if I get Mining Inc later - gives a nice boost to Sid's sushi too!

:lol:

I had a barb galley spawn like that out of the fog into just two tiles surrounded by ice. They couldn't escape and I couldn't get to them until the advent of submarines. The "The enemy has been spotted!" sound effect drove me nuts for 1,500 years! :hammer2:

:lol:

I had a barb galley spawn like that out of the fog into just two tiles surrounded by ice. They couldn't escape and I couldn't get to them until the advent of submarines. The "The enemy has been spotted!" sound effect drove me nuts for 1,500 years! :hammer2:

Submarines can go under ice?

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure I've ever built one. :mischief:

Submarines can go under ice?

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure I've ever built one. :mischief:

Oh yeah! And the fun thing is when you can hide under the ice just outside an enemy city and pounce on anything that ventures out. The ice is good protection from air units too.

Top Bottom