here a B-52

recon1591

King
here you go. don't know where i got it.

Attachments

• b-52 bomber.zip
    377.6 KB · Views: 923
Thanx a mill Recon...:goodjob:

Na-et! A-oh! :D :D :D Finally I won't feel weird about still using propellored bombers. :) Good job!

your welcome. i found it on the web somewhere, but don't remember where.

tell me how to do it and i'll try.

I think this is the unit Timeline over at Apolyton copied from CTP. Lets just say its identical. :)

Original Thread

The original large pedia icon wasn't very good, so I have attached a new one.

Attachments

• xxb-52large.jpg
    xxb-52large.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,813
And a preview:

(it looks pretty good in the game)

Attachments

• bomberdefault_sw.gif
    bomberdefault_sw.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,855
Also a pedia entry if anyone wants it:

#PRTO_B-52
^
^
^[B-52 Bombers] are long-range, heavy bomber that can perform bombing and precision strike missions, they have a larger operational range than most bombers and greater bombardment power. They may be based in any city or aircraft carrier on the map.
^
^A city needs $LINK<oil=GOOD_Oil> in its $LINK<Strategic Resource=GCON_ResourcesS> box to build a B-52 bomber.
#DESC_PRTO_B-52
^
^
^The [B-52] bomber is capable of flying at high subsonic speeds at altitudes up to 50,000 feet, 15,166.6 meters. It can carry nuclear or precision guided conventional ordnance with worldwide precision navigation capability.
^
^In a conventional conflict, the B-52 can perform strategic attack, air interdiction, offensive counter-air and maritime operations. During Desert Storm, B-52s delivered 40 percent of all the weapons dropped by coalition forces. It is highly effective when used for ocean surveillance, and can assist the U.S. Navy in anti-ship and mine-laying operations. Two B-52s, in two hours, can monitor 140,000 square miles (364,000 square kilometers) of ocean surface.
^
^All B-52s are equipped with an electro-optical viewing system that uses platinum silicide forward-looking infrared and high resolution low-light-level television sensors to augment targeting, battle assessment, and flight safety, thus further improving its combat ability and low-level flight capability.
^
^Pilots wear night vision goggles (NVGs) to enhance their vision during night operations. Night vision goggles provide greater safety during night operations by increasing the pilot's ability to visually clear terrain, avoid enemy radar and see other aircraft in a covert/lights-out environment.
^
^Starting in 1989, on-going modifications incorporates the global positioning system, heavy stores adapter beams for carrying 2,000 pound munitions, and a full array of advance weapons currently under development.
^
^The use of aerial refueling gives the B-52 a range limited only by crew endurance. It has an unrefueled combat range in excess of 8,800 miles (14,080 kilometers).

I also have a bomber run flc (which can be used for attack and default as well, they are all the same) which I added civ colours to on the wings.

Its not perfect, but I use it and I thought someone might find it useful. The original had no civ specific colours.

Attachments

• civspecificbomberrun.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 206
I notice people are downloading my less than perfect civ colored version, has anyone actually used it??

Where's the INI file for this B52?

I have uploaded a file to the server with an ini, civ text, icons etc in it. Just follow the birdie.. I mean link...

Download the complete package

This file is the version with civ colors, if you want to use the original just use the ini in this file with the original download.

This is cool. A war involving America just ain't a war without B-52's and their arc light strikes. Thanks recon. I cooked up an ini and used the A10 sounds for it and it rocks. Too bad the max range allowed in the editor is a paltry 8 spaces.

You can give it Unlimited bombing range, but that's corny for a bomber. I wish they could jack it up to 10 and 12 range.

Thanx alot Kemal for the INI file, what are you guys using for the Default.flc? I didn't get one with the DL.

Currently I'm using this as a heavy bomber, waiting for Smoking Mirrors, which I will replace this unit with, but what I do to make it heavier than the regular one is give it 2 moves, and blitz. It allows each one of these to attack 2 times, making them far more dangerous than the original bomber. It doesnt make up for the maximum of 8 for a range, but it helps to make this a better choice than the original bomber.

Top Bottom