New Unit Series: MP44

Gary Childress

Student for and of life
Happy holidays Civ Fanatics!! The next installment of the "Gun Series" has arrived! The new MP44 series includes 3 alternate Victories, 2 alternate Fidgets and 2 alternate Attacks. You will need to edit the INI file to use the alternate animations.

==================================

12/21/08

This first installment is a pretty generic, late war, German rifleman. He could be used as a regular or Alpine infantry. Two versions are directly below, a civ colored version and a non-civ colored version.

DOWNLOAD GERMAN RIFLEMAN MP44 IA (no civ color) HERE
DOWNLOAD GERMAN RIFLEMAN MP44 IB (civ color) HERE

=====================================

12/25/08

:xmastree: MERRY CHRISTMAS! Good will to all men (and women)! :xmastree:

The second installment of the MP44 series is a late war PZ Grenadier. Only Civ color this time, though.

DOWNLOAD GERMAN RIFLEMAN MP44 II HERE

12/27/08

A WW II German paratrooper or "fallshirmjager". This version is without civ color.

DOWNLOAD FALLSHIRMJAGER MP 44 (no civ color) HERE

WW II fallshirmjager this time WITH civ color. Also the paradrop has been altered at the advice of Badkharma to look like a more authentic fallshirmjager drop.

DOWNLOAD FALLSHIRMJAGER MP44 (civ color) HERE

Fallschirmjager with camo uniform this time.

DOWNLOAD FALLSCHIRMJAGER MP44 CAMO VERSION HERE

1/3/2009 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Regular rifleman with camo this time.

DOWLOAD GERMAN RIFLEMAN MP44 III HERE

Happy Tuesday January 6th!!

On this auspicious day I give you THREE Waffen SS riflemen using the MP44 in stead of the one I was planning on doing!

DOWNLOAD WAFFEN SS MP44 PACK HERE

1/9/2009

OK. This will probably be the last of the MP44 series. Thank you Ranman38 from the Renderosity forums. Without his hat prop, which he gave me free of charge, this unit wouldn't look much like a Kriegsmarine.

DOWNLOAD KRIEGSMARINE MP44 HERE

1/20/2009

A new improved version of the Kriegsmarine to test the water with. The FLCs have been sharpened with the Paint Shop Pro sharpening tool to make the image a little crisper.

DOWNLOADED IMPROVED KRIEGSMARINE HERE

Thank you Delta Strife! I went back and looked more closely at some of Balou's units while I was working on the animations for this one. I hope this one is a little better than my last. :)

Lokks nice! I'll definitely use this one as a "Gebirgsjäger"!

This is a very good unit, especially as it also has an alternative victory animation to that dominating the preview. Thank you very much Gary. :thanx:

Nice work Gary! You seem to be improving even over your other quality work.

Many thanks guys! :)

I know the salute animation looks pretty dominant in the preview. I did one for the fidget, one for victory (as suggested by Badkharma) and one victory with a Knights Cross appearing above the unit like one of Mosca's units. However, the default animations which the figure uses "out of the box" do NOT use the salute. I hope there's something there to please most users.

I may get some pretty decent mileage out of the MP44 after all. I'm going to try to use it for a variety of late war infantry. Some of these units could also be used as hypothetical post-WW II German infantry.

One thing I could use some help on are Waffen SS combat uniforms. I have Osprey Men-at-Arms books for most German uniforms except for the SS so if someone could post some SS uniforms (especially camouflage) for reference I would appreciate it. :)

Here few SS uniform pics (mostly Waffen SS). Noth much since I'm not really expert of this topic but I hope it might help.

Attachments

• SS Uniforms.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 186
Here few SS uniform pics (mostly Waffen SS). Noth much since I'm not really expert of this topic but I hope it might help.

Thanks Wolf_66! The color swath picture will especially be a great help. I just want to determine what would be the most prototypical SS camo uniform as I only plan on doing one late war SS rifleman.

You're very welcome Redback.

A civ colored version of the German Rifleman I has been added to the post above. I simply added a link beside the link for the non-civ colored version.

I also made a fix to the first unit and uploaded it. I had a Drop animation in the INI file which shouldn't have been in there. When I cut and pasted the sound files etc from the test folder I inadvertantly copied over the test drop animation with it. That is now removed and the file should be fine. My apologies for the screw up. I flogged my elves for their mistake in the toy shop. :crazyeye:

Lets hope somebody told our German Rifleman friend that he doesnt have a parachute anymore before he jumps out of the plane:lol:

Just to give you an idea: The Nationale Volksarmee also used the StG44 during the 1950s, until they were replaced by AK-47s... (...and I could use a NVA soldier for my own personal mod.)

Thanks Wolf_66! The color swath picture will especially be a great help. I just want to determine what would be the most prototypical SS camo uniform as I only plan on doing one late war SS rifleman.

This is a site that I've bought some re-enactment gear from. If you look under "German" and then "Uniforms" there are some good pictures. SS tunics, SS camo, Heer tunics, etc.

Great unit by the way!

Still planning on making a fallschirmjager with the FG?

Top Bottom