Fall from Heaven review at Fidgit.com

Kael

Deity
Tom Chick is the editor of Fidgit.com, the site that covers video games for the Sci-fi network. He told me he wanted to cover FfH for Scifi, which I was of course happy to hear. But I didn't know he would be doing such an in-depth review.

Here it is on Fidgit, awesome awesome stuff!!!

http://fidgit.com/archives/2008/12/fall-from-heaven-ii-spiderkill.php

Only that? The FFH team will be getting international recognition someday!

A future paper headline

"All the nuclear wars have been cancelled, everyones to busy playing ffh"

This is one of the areas where unaccredited art gets to me. The art for both Keelyn and Orthus are used in the review, and just like in the mod, have no obvious accreditation, which means that whoever did those great pieces of art, is missing out.

*sigh* why does everyone love the balseraphs so much? ;p

This is one of the areas where unaccredited art gets to me. The art for both Keelyn and Orthus are used in the review, and just like in the mod, have no obvious accreditation, which means that whoever did those great pieces of art, is missing out.

Both are credited in the mod in the main download thread and in the readme that is included with every version. Keelyn is from Linda Bergkvist and Orthus is from Aleksi Briclot.

I don't know about the Tom Chick guy. He printed the manual, thinks the dumbed-down magic system is intricate, and thought his insane clown posse reference was cute/funny/okay. He's probably a closet tree-hating juggalo.

But seriously, it's good press.

I don't know about the Tom Chick guy. He printed the manual, thinks the dumbed-down magic system is intricate, and thought his insane clown posse reference was cute/funny/okay. He's probably a closet tree-hating juggalo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Chick

Tom, like all journalists who say good things about FfH, is reknown for his keen insight, style and and the fact that he never fails to satisfy the ladies (those that aren't scared off by his massive girth).

In all seriousness, Tom's been a big supporter of FfH for a long time and has probably personally written a half-dozen articles on it starting back in FfH1. He is a major reason it is as well known. Im a fan of Kieron Gillen too, but as noted in his article he wouldn't have known FfH was in its final version if it wasn't for Tom.

There are a lot of good projects out there that go unnoticed, which is a shame. We have been lucky to have Tom helping us out.

Try looking at the magic system from a newbie's perspective. Perfectly intelligent gamers looking at the magic system for the first time find it terrifying. I'd never dream of starting out anyone I know as the Sheaim, for instance; they'd be eaten. Once you get the hang of it, it's a whole different story; it's intimidating more than anything.
Maybe there should be a separate 'pedia section for mana sphere promos...

I don't believe I was ever terrified by magic when I was new to the game, and I'd pretty much figures out all of the then more complex magic system within a week or two (ok, maybe a month for some of the less common spells).

I always thought the best nation for a first time player was the Grigori. Cool Adventurer units and no worrying about religions.

Well done on the press coverage. Has anybody thought of dropping a line to Edge Magazine / Future Publishing?

In my hubris I forgot how intimidated I am in searching for the "[sarcasm]" "[/sarcasm]" tags.

I don't believe I was ever terrified by magic when I was new to the game, and I'd pretty much figures out all of the then more complex magic system within a week or two.

*Shrugs.* Me ork. Me smash things good.
Took me about a month to get my head around the old magic system... I mean, I understood the basics well enough in a week or so, yeah, but to this day I still find myself diving into the 'pedia to figure out which mana node I should build. I can tell you Death is pure summons, Life gives you Sanctify, Law lowers your maintenance, Water gives you Spring, Chaos has Wonder, and Fire gives you fireball. Oh, and Shadow gives you Shadowwalk. After that, it's still all just a blur of spell spheres I use only occasionally, if they happen to be lying around.

I saw the Mana Spheres way back when (before conjurers got cut) and i thought "whoa lots of different varieties of Beat down :)"

Yeah, I was stumbted by the magic system when I first saw it. Granted, that was in .23 or so, when magic was alot more extansive.

*Claps* More FfH exposure!

I remember about a year ago in PC Gamer magazine I read an article about Civ 4 Beyond the Sword and they had an article about top 4 mods and FFH2 ranked #1 and had a page dedicated to FFH or so. Not sure the issue I think it was october or november of 2007

Top Bottom