Refuses to talk

Mizar

IM
In my current game, an AI (Gandhi) who is cautious towards me (-2 relations) refuses to talk with me because I stopped trading with him/closed boarders (a demand from another AI)

Does anyone know if there is an exact number of turns (epic speed) how long this "refuse to talk" lasts?

It's random -- each turn the AI rolls a random number between 0..29 (MEMORY_STOPPED_TRADING_RECENT = 30 from CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml) and in case of 0 it forgets and will be willing to talk again. This 3.33% chance is equal for all leaders and independent of game speed and their attitude towards you. So this differs from the unwillingness to talk after a DoW which isn't subject to randomness but a function of war success, the leader's personality as well as the side that started the war.

It's random -- each turn the AI rolls a random number between 0..29 (MEMORY_STOPPED_TRADING_RECENT = 30 from CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml) and in case of 0 it forgets and will be willing to talk again. This 3.33% chance is equal for all leaders and independent of game speed and their attitude towards you. So this differs from the unwillingness to talk after a DoW which isn't subject to randomness but a function of war success, the leader's personality as well as the side that started the war.

Ooooooh, that's pretty bad. Stoptrade requests are practically nothing to accept on marathon then, but potentially devastating on quick. Hmmmmm, seems to be a trend.

I'm pretty disenchanted with game speed scaling. Some minor difference is one thing, but because probably over half of the things in the game don't scale, quick ----> marathon is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME. It's not even worth comparing because the entire rule set is essentially shifted drastically.

I doubt it was intentional, because so few things actually scale in the mechanics, just the excessively visible factors. It seems like every game mechanic that doesn't show up directly on the interface doesn't scale whatsoever. What's up with that?

Top Bottom