MoreStuffMod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daryl95

Templar
The MoreStuffMod

Remember to check out the additional information in a folder in the MSM mod folder with a very long and descriptive name that I can't remember.

MSM [BTS v3.03] Download

MSM [BTS v3.17] Download

MSM [BTS v3.17] patch Download

MSM [BTS v3.19] Download

Another thread is at Game Fanatics Vault.

Future Plans
-I hope if I can get some python and possibly C++ people that I can make some game twists that will happen in certain eras. An Ice Age might occur in the late game or in the medieval era there might be dragons attacking in a reign of fire. This makes the game more interesting. There should be a way to disable a certain game twist of course because you might not always want to fight off an alien invasion in the modern era. This doesn't add a story line to the mod it is just more stuff for the MoreStuffMod.
-I hope to get a map with the north and south poles so I can create scenarios where the poles are tropical and there is more desert. I heard they were once tropical because they found a mammoth [I think it was a mammoth] at the north pole with tropical food in its stomach.

MoreStuffMod for BTSv3.19

v1:
-added lioness
-added black bear
-added polar bear
-added gorilla
-added orangutan
-added cougar
-added elephant
-added tiger
-added giant Squid
-added giant Eagle
-added locust mech
-added warhammer heavy mech
-added landspeeder
-added clone trooper
-added repulsor lift tech
-added cloaking device tech
-added mech rockets tech
-added future city set
-added Next War stuff
-added Nuclear Arsenal stuff
-added 50civDLL
-can nuke anywhere
-added gore
-added Main Screen Mod

v2:
-added new icon
-added water cities
-added Better BTS AI
-added Mountain Mod
-added Canada
-added Mexico
-added Cuba
-added GranColumbia
-added Argentina
-added Brazil
-put unitcombat_spy back for a building to give spies experience
-added Warlords gore and some BTS gore

Attachments

• Animals.JPG
    Animals.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Future City.JPG
    Future City.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,786
  • Stuff.JPG
    Stuff.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,227
Sorry, this thread isn't finished yet. I forgot a add a link to the download thread.

it crashed after I tried to choose Ronald Reagen
and I am still missing at least some basic info what was added to this mod.

Firstly, do you have BTS v3.17?
Secondly, there's now a link in one of the above posts called MoreStuffMod. The information should be there.

if you cant upload more than 10mb, why dont you just sign up at filefront or something? You have a much bigger file limit (if there is one).

GarrettSidzaka also has a McCain, for those interested in Election Night Action!!!

I've tried that. Have you had any problems with that site. If so how did you fix them if you did fix them. I contacter the moderaters from that site but the last email they sent me said with my current browser settings it should work. :confused: I think I accidently uploaded it as a guest I'm not sure though. You might find a newer version there. I'm going to contact the moderaters there and see if they can delete it. I had to edit it because people didn't like the first version and I think I know one reason. I also paln to add McCain. I've had that leader for a few weeks. For now this mod is completely stalled until I figure out that site.

People don't seem to like my mod. Over 100 downloads and only a 1 star rating. I want to know what I can improve. I am completly open to criticism.

Dont worry, itll take a while. But im fine with Filefront, ive uploaded easily there, so try to register again.

I've tried that. Have you had any problems with that site. For now this mod is completely stalled until I figure out that site.

Not sure what is so difficult about it, you go to http://www.filefront.com/ press the search button underneath "Quick Upload", locate the file you want to upload and press the "Upload" button. Then you wait and do not refresh the window until the file has been uploaded completely.

Then you press the link to the uploaded file and copy & paste its URL here.

People don't seem to like my mod. Over 100 downloads and only a 1 star rating. I want to know what I can improve. I am completly open to criticism.

While I have not downloaded it, my first idea for improvement would be to start improving your thread. You can edit posts, so that is what you should do.

For one the first post should contain the download link to the latest version, not some post somewhere within the thread. Noone likes searching (even if for now there are only a few posts to search through)

For another, as paladia said, it would help if you mentioned what you did change and maybe add some pictures. Take a look at how other mods (with good ratings) do it : Wolfshanze, Varietas Delectat, Diversica, Fall from Heaven, Cultural Diversity

I also assume that a mod limited to 10 MB just does not offer that much change, one leaderhead already is about 5 mb. So either you change next to nothing or you do a lot of xml changes (I have not downloaded your mod, but doubt the latter, otherwise you really would need to add a description of what you did change). A mod changing next to nothing (e.g. adding 2 new leaders) is bound to have a low rating imo.

Thanks for the help.:goodjob:
I added more than 2 leaders though. I could fit about 5.

I think you're setting yourself up for criticism and poor ratings by giving Obama a trait called "racist". I think it'd be wise to give it some other name, or to even give him a different set of traits. Just a thought.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. You've already changed it. :goodjob:

Sorry, I'm not for Obama but I changed it in version 2. His new trait is charismatic. I think that's a good trait.

Can anybody creat a Jericho Missile like the one from the movie Ironman? Other units like mechs, robot infantry, futuristic aircraft, etc. would be appreciated.:) I'd like to add Stark Idustries to this mod.

it crashed after I tried to choose Ronald Reagen
and I am still missing at least some basic info what was added to this mod.
Download the patch attached to the top post. Go to where you installed this mod. Paste this over the assets folder. This just replaces the moving leaderhead with a static one.

Can anybody creat a Jericho Missile like the one from the movie Ironman? Other units like mechs, robot infantry, futuristic aircraft, etc. would be appreciated.:) I'd like to add Stark Idustries to this mod.

I think the overlord mod has a jericho missile. Its basically a copper-colored guided missile. As for future units, Next War has some good ones, and there are some good future planes by Rabbit, White out there. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom