SDK/Python question: Has anyone had success getting the AI to use Air Transports?

DVS

El Presidente
I'm working on the World 2009 mod, which is obvious to anyone with signatures enabled.

We'd love to include about 5 or 6 different air transport units, but so far I can't get the AI to actually use them to transport other units under any circumstances.

Off the top of my head, the only mod I can remember seeing these units in is Maxrigamod, and the AI didn't use them at all in that. I can't find any further info about them for the life of me.

If you know or have heard anything about this, please help me out; either by pointing me to a mod that has them working, a thread that solves this, posting the solution here, or by helping me create the solution.

thanks!

I would imagine the issue is the domain type you are setting for the units. All of the AIs which are written to handle cargo are only valid for a DOMAIN_WATER unit, so either you need to modify the SDK to enable these AI types for any domain, or you need to set up your transports to be water domain, but still be capable of moving across land. Do that and the AI should manage to handle it just fine I'd guess.

hmm, fantastic, I will try exactly that. Hopefully setting them as water domain will work.

Thanks xienwolf.

In any case, you guys should most definitely jump on the BetterAI bandwagon. The AI for transports and cross-ocean invasions is just SO much improved over the 3.17 AI.

We're all over it! Our mod is based on WoC, which includes Better AI.

Top Bottom