Poll: Next Firaxis project (Ranked Choice Poll)

tour86rocker

Warlord
Hey Firaxis/Sid Meier Enthusiasts,

Many of us are confused that we haven't received news of an upcoming project from Firaxis, so I thought that the forum might have fun voting in an unofficial poll on what project we fans would like them to tackle next, whether it be something new, another remake, or another installment to one of their series.

The forum polls only allow you a single choice, and I'm a ranked choice voting enthusiast, so I started a poll on a third party site. It's my understanding from the rules that this should be ok since it's for our enjoyment here and I stand nothing to benefit from recommending the link.

Check out my poll and give me feedback about the way I worded the poll. Every so often I post the forerunner in that "election" here in this thread. The great thing about "Instant Runoff Voting" is that the people who vote can vote for all of their preferences, in order of favorability, so you never "throw away your vote" on a 3rd party candidate. I'm hoping that our elections will be more like this in the future.

My number 1 is for something completely different.
Probably a Turn-based extension of Civ into a realistic Solar System colonization game.

GG you must have forgotten to press "submit". Mine is the only vote on the poll. Thanks for checking it out though!

Sorry, I didn't feel like giving up personal info to login.

I guess I can understand that if you don't already have a Facebook login, which it also accepts.

If you want to give your votes publicly here (or PM if that works here) I can input them.

Vote the choices you want in order of most to least preferred, and don't rank any of the choices that you don't want.

Facebook logins to vote in some poll? Sounds a bit fishy.. I would steer clear.

It accepts facebook logins? No way I'm giving you mine.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough for your short attention span.

1) I am in no way affiliated with that website
2) I did not ask you for your Facebook log in
3) I asked you for your ballot, so that I can cast it FOR you, as a favor, if you would like.

If you don't want to participate, that's fine, you can type out your vote here and I'll cast it for you. Has anyone taken a look at the Facebook log in thing? The log on occurs ON facebook's site, merely giving this other website a unique log in for your session. TheVotingSite has a Facebook fan page, which does not mean that Facebook vouches for it, but I haven't seen a reason for concern.

Facebook logins to vote in some poll? Sounds a bit fishy.. I would steer clear.

It didn`t ask me any kind of information, I just followed the link and voted..

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that you don't appear to have voted there. I see only one vote (mine). You may have neglected to press "Submit".

Again, anyone who wants to vote, you can simply type out your choices here in this thread instead.

ESB,

I invite you to re-read the original post. The poll utilizes "Instant Runoff Voting".

CivV, SMAC, something new (preferably something set during the cold war or industrial era)

Thanks, Croxis, RRWiggum

GoodGame said:
Probably a Turn-based extension of Civ into a realistic Solar System colonization game.

Have you tried Galactic Civilizations? That's basically what it is; it's a fun game. Not quite as good as Civ, but worth getting if strategy is your genre.

---------

A flight combat sim actually sounds rather fun and unique, at least on PC. So long as the keyboard/mouse controls were reasonable (certainly possible), a Spitfire Ace type thing might actually be quite fun and different. So I voted that as #1.

Second is something entirely new. There's rarely enough of that these days.

Third would be Civilization. As much as I like Civ3, it's about time they created a worthy successor. But my lack of confidence in them doing so keeps it from being any higher than 3rd.

Fourth would be Alpha Centauri. But the lack of any possibility of it keeps it from being any higher.

Fifth I put the submarine sim. Probably wouldn't be as fun as a flying one, but it would be unique. If the price point weren't the $50 most games are, it might be worth picking up.

What it comes down to, I suppose, is a really good new iteration of a really good game, or something nice and fresh. If it's going to be a mediocre new iteration, a la Sid Meier's Railroads, it's not worth it. Railroad Tycoon II is still the best in that series, IMO.

Since no personal information was actually required and I could think of a unique password, I did submit a vote. I wouldn't have trusted Facebook - you never know what the next Facebook Beacon type thing they'll do is - but the local site doesn't actually require any inordinate amount of information.

Top Bottom