NES Notice Board & FAQ Thread.

Abaddon

Deity
Welcome to all visiting the Never Ending Story Forum

NESing may seem intimidating, with lots of rules and established traditions, but once you get started, it's as easy as a game of...oh, I don't know, Civilization? This thread is here to help introduce NESing to all newcomers, because we're pretty convinced that it's the best game out there.

If you think you have a question that the NESing Guide doesn't answer, come here and we'll do the best we can to help. (This thread is JUST for questions, and is geared towards new players. Please take all other discussions, suggestions, and death threats elsewhere ;))

No question is too easy, so ask away!

---

Helpful Threads

NESing Guide - This is your basic introduction to NESing. Most of your general questions can be answered here.

While We Wait - The newly revised forum for off-topic and out of character NES-related discussion. If you want to say hello, an generally get involved in the NESing banter, post here. Beware, forum rules still apply, and spam will not be tolerated by the moderators.

Show me your Orders - In this thread, NESers have revealed their orders for all to see. Very useful in gauging how much effort some people put into NESing, and what you will be up against!

New AIM/MSN Contact Thread - A list of all NESer's contact addresses

NES Chat : We have our own chatroom! Drop in here and say hello :D
---

Other Resources

The NES Wiki - Yes, we have our very own Wiki, created thanks to the initiative of Symphony D. There's also a development thread, here.

Wikipedia - Need to learn about 13th century Anatolia in less than 5 minutes? This is your handy information source for almost anything.

The Alternate History Thread - What if Alexander the Great had never lived? What if Louis XV had never made that fatal crossdressing decision? Many NESes are based upon alternate histories, making changes from Our Timeline, or OTL, and some players create timelines that later grow into full fledged NESes. It's usually a good idea to do some research before jumping in, but historical "what if" questions are always welcome.

The Ultimate Map Thread - This thread is for completed maps, this thread is also for all other cartographic discussion. Requests, tests, examples, ideas, and discussion is appropriate here. I will maintain this thread by editing the few opening posts to contain all completed material to date.

New NESes, Ideas and Development Thread - Each new NES take time to evolve and come to fruition. This thread is where that growth takes place.

Generic Vacation Thread - Going off on your hols? Let everyone know quickly and easily with this thread.

Open Spots in NES Thread - Want to dive in? Look here for current spaces.

Next Orders Due... - A quick glance will tell you when Orders are due for any NES you are playing in.

The Many Faces of NESing IV - Get a look at the real NESer!

NES Flag Thread - Every nation should have a flag, an here are many of the examples NESers have come up with over time.

Misc Threads

So yes, any questions?
:)

While We Wait - The newly revised forum for off-topic and out of character NES-related discussion. If you want to say hello, an generally get involved in the NESing banter, post here. Beware, forum rules still apply, and spam will not be tolerated by the moderators.

With the death of WWW, I encourge all to use the NES Chatroom.

To access the NES chatroom, click the chat link above, and once you have entered CFC's main chatroom type:
/j #NES

This will open a new window, NES chat! :)

Please do not use the thread tags as a mechanism for spaming, trolling , flaming, or annoying thread starters. I do not want to spend my time chasing down such silliness. I can see who adds tags to a thread. I'd rather spend my time updating than deleting tags. Thanks.

Do potential or new NESers even look into this thread? :/

Moderator Action: EDIT: Post your responses in the WWW thread.

Top Bottom