Der Führer Pack, 14 Feb 2009

Wyrmshadow

Deity

Adolf Hitler

Leibstandarte SS

Hitler & Leibstandarte SS

That's right. Happy Valentines Day!

It's that Austrian corporal with a funny mustache we all know and love, in Civ3 unit form! And the little vegetarian has brought his babysitters too!
Now everyone must remember, Herr Schicklgruber was a mass murdering genocidal maniac that caused a massive war that changed the globe.
So I expect absolutely no decorum.

Awesome units! I also suppose you intentionally swapped what hand the German Greeting (former) is given with?

Whoops, no that was completely unintentional. Never noticed until just now.

Gotta love that Death Animation

The suicide death was a nice, historically accurate touch.... Would go great with Jorde's Hitler LH and any good WW II scenario.

"Hey Hitler, does this gun taste funny to you?"
And in his fever dreams he created ...

... some damned fine units :king:
Sorry Ozz, but I had already done all the animations except for the Hitler walk when I got sick. I wasn't even home for most of the time to even have access to my files. So that statement isn't accurate.

I got the idea to do a AH and LiebSS unit pack because a friend had given me a series called Hitler's Bodyguard and in many episodes they detailed nearly 40 different plots on his life... So Tom Cruise eat your alien worshipping heart out.. you weren't the only one.

Wow have to say this a pleasant unexpected surprise. Thanks for the Valentines gift, and I am sure many people will find a use for these. Also I have to say that Hitler death is one of the best I have ever seen fantastic work.

in many episodes they detailed nearly 40 different plots on his life...

I believe the number of plots on Hitler's life was 42...the sad part is that Hitler died believeing that all of Germany still loved him:lol: If there were 42 plots to end my life, I might begin to believe that some people didn't like me.

Question though: Were the Leibstandarte SS Hitler's Bodyguards? I have never heard of the Leibstandarte SS before reading this forum. Interesting, learn something new everyday...

Question though: Were the Leibstandarte SS Hitler's Bodyguards? I have never heard of the Leibstandarte SS before reading this forum. Interesting, learn something new everyday...

The official name of his Bodyguards were :
1. Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler" - LSSAH.
Their most important Commander: Josef „Sepp“ Dietrich

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leibstandarte-SS_Adolf_Hitler

Theodor Eicke :
„Wir tragen keine Waffen, um dem Heere ähnlich zu sehen, sondern um sie zu gebrauchen, wenn Führer und Bewegung in Gefahr sind"

My attempt of an english tranlation:
We don`t wear weapons ,to look like the (regular) Army, (instead of that) we wear them TO USE THEM ,if the Leader and the Movement (NSDAP) is endangered.

EDIT: Sorry for the edit but the quoted comment was not displayed

He shoots himself :lol: :goodjob:

Quite accurate.

I believe the number of plots on Hitler's life was 42...the sad part is that Hitler died believeing that all of Germany still loved him If there were 42 plots to end my life, I might begin to believe that some people didn't like me.

Actually, Hitler believed he was blessed by Providence. His Gestapo kept him well apprised of German popular opinion, which by 1945 had dropped well below zero. The fact that in news reels the invasion of Poland - and subsequent war successes - were greeted by mass (NSDAP) hails couldn't hide the fact that the people in general weren't interested in war, but in welfare. Hitler never gave a rats ass about popular opinion if it disagreed with his twisted ideas; what he cared about is convincing the people that he must be their Leader; he had a very low opinion about the masses he ruled. That he did have an inkling about his responsibility is shown however by the fact that he consciously hid any direct evidence of his approval for the Endlösung - but there's no doubt at all about what he intended ever since he formulated his rabid antisemitism in Mein Kampf.

Quite accurate.

Although in the animation it looks like he's shooting himself in the mouth (sending his hat flying off), whereas in fact I believe Hitler shot himself in the temple. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference.

Top Bottom