Zhu Di LH (Version 1)

Here is my Zhu Di LH, version 1. Here is a little history

Zhu Di

Emperor of China

(1360-1424)

Zhu Di was born in 1360, the son of Zhu Yuanzhang, who would 8 years later succeed in overthrowing the Mongols and found the Ming Dynasty as Hongwu. His mother was probably of Korean or Mongol origin. Zhu Di was appointed Prince of Yan, the area around Beijing. There, he helped secure the northern borders against still powerful Mongol invaders. Zhu Di became known for his military skill and effectiveness, as he studied texts such as Sun Zi's Art of War extensively. The crown prince died in 1392, followed by Hongwu in 1398, leading to worries about who would succeed the emperor. Initially, the crown prince's son became emperor. When Zhu Di came with troops for the coronation as a show of loyalty, the emperor saw this as a threat and had him leave in disgrace, not allowing to visit Hongwu's tomb. Zhu Di thus began a rebellion and quickly overcame the inept emperor's forces. In early 1402, Zhu Di entered the capital, Nanjing, and set the palace ablaze. The emperor and his wife were probably killed in the inferno. Zhu Di had the old emperor's relatives killed and proclaimed himself Yongle, or "Eternal Happiness," Emperor. During his reign, Zhu Di was concerned about the breakdown of Buddhism in China and, after having a vision of Avalokitesvara, invited the 5th Gyalwa Karmapa to Nanjing in 1403. The emperor bestowed on him the title, "Precious Religious King, Great Loving One of the West, Mighty Buddha of Peace," and the Karmapa was received by tens of thousands of monks. Yongle rebuilt the Grand Canal and rebuilt Beijing in order to move the capital there. In Beijing, he built the Forbidden City, the center of power for the next 500 years. The Yongle Encyclopedia was completed in his reign, a fascinating and groundbreaking scientific achievement. It was one of the world's first encyclopedias, but has been lost to time. Zheng He sailed to Southeast Asia, India, Arabia, and East Africa during Zhu Di's reign, decades before Bartolomeu Dias or Vasco da Gama set sail. Yishiha sailed up the Amur River, building the only Ming Dynasty Buddhist temples in Russia. Despite these great achievements, during the final years of his reign, he began to lose power. Vietnamese rebels defied the Emperor in the south, and in the north the Tatars were regrouping. In 1424, Zhu Di, an old and broken man, set off on an expedition to attack the Tatars. He was under severe anxiety and under very unhealthy conditions, and thus he died in 1424. He is buried northwest of Beijing, the city he transformed into the city it is today.

Suggested Traits:

Agg/Ind, favors Bureaucracy and Buddhism.

Here is the link to the file in the CFC Downloads Database.

Thank you.

None for today, probably more tomorrow. I need to think of people :lol: Any particular request (Don't flood me just one easy one please) ?

Hey, I see we have another LH maker! Very good! I also see you're into Far Eastern leaders, so maybe you can do my two requests (and I'll leave The Capo alone). If you find it interesting, I would like Ablay Khan and Tamerlane. If you'll say yes, I'll give you suggestions on how I think they should be made and who they should be based on. I think these two should be easy to make (this is at least what The Capo told me).

Deng would be awesome! Here's a suggestion... Alexander as base, but skinned like Mao.

Well give me the suggestions on how to make them and then I'll see what I can do...

For this you need to check out the GOLD MOD.

Ablay Khan

I think the face should be Wang Kon's. Clothes: Kanishka of the Kushans from the Gold MOD wears something similar to what Ablay should wear. The beard- I think it should be a long black beard like the one on Shakushain of the Ainu. The hat- that's a problem. I think it should be something new because I haven't found anything similar to this.

Tamerlane

OK, this one already exists and can be found in the CivFusion, but it is just ugly in my opinion. What I like there is the crown and beard, so they can be used. I think maybe Tokugawa's face could work here. The clothes... I don't really have a suggestion, but maybe Kublai Khan's clothes can work.
Anyway, I hope my ideas are possible.

I could base him off Qin Shi Huang (I mean the erroneous one that came with Vanilla, not the Chinese version or other version) maybe.

In other words, Kublai Khan.

Top Bottom