Civilization 4 Editor: Beyond the sword

does this work like civ 3 editor?

looks pretty awesome, thanks

Can you use this to add in new empty tag lines in the XML. Let's say I create a new tag for Civ4PromotionsInfos.xml in the SDK called iStrength that modifies the strength of a unit (not it's % strength), can this utility go through each promotion block and add in the tag in the proper place, or would that still need to be done by hand?

Looks nicer than notepad!

This looks kool! I was thinking about doing something like this for units, but havn't found time yet.

I've got a tool like this in development that can handle Vanilla, Warlords, and BtS... it can also handle the INI files...

It can so far cross-reference all the TXT_KEY's and display the right text.

I'm working on adding Civ editing and Unit editing right now. Civics, Techs, Promotions, etc are coming soon. It can edit all the files, not just one.

Mine keeps looking in the wroung folder my laptop only has a c:// drive and the editor keeps looking in d:// how do i fix this

Nice work!

Will you be expanding it to edit the other XML files too?

Ok, no worries.

I'd like to see Techs and Units next as they are the generally the most work intensive for mods.

Hi Stevo - im doing something very similar for techs (with a view to expanding onto units, civs etc) what language is yours written in?

Hey mine too, let me know if youd be interested in sharing code / joining efforts as im trying to make an editor for all xml files. I can send you the WIP (currently for techs) if you like.

Mine keeps looking in the wroung folder my laptop only has a c:// drive and the editor keeps looking in d:// how do i fix this

Find the installation folder and it should contain a text file, open it and change the text to reflect where you find your version of BTS

My D:// is a DVD drive. I altered the text file to read the mods folder under BTS, but I still get an error loading the application stating that it cannot find the the CIV4PlayerColorInfo.XML in the same D:// that I changed in the text file. Am I missing something simple here or is this program (which looks like an amazing time-saver, btw) only working for those running Civ Complete on their D://?

Top Bottom