Your first computer

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
What was your first computer?

Mine (I would consider the Windows 95, but it was my moms) was an IBM Aptiva with Windows 98 on it. It looked almost exactly like this, except someone swapped the CD drive around (mine was plain white):

My own personal PC?
Intel Pentium 2 Klamath core ( 300mhz )
nVidia Riva 128 GPU
I think it was 32mb RAM, may have only been 16. It was a decent amount for the time.
At that time, it was very respectable. And yet, its extremely slow by todays standards, even though this was only 12 years ago. Oh the nostalgia.

An old 386 I used to play police quest on as a kid. I used to watch my dad play Ad&d games, and switch out floppy disks for him. That must have been incredibly boring...

I can't recall the stats of my first computer, but it looked like it came from Fisher-Price or something.

My first (that I owned) was a 486DX33. With a math co-processor, 4 MB of RAM and a 120 MB hard drive.

I "upgraded" it with a CD-ROM (which came with a sound card) and an extra 4 MB of RAM. Those two upgrade probably cost $1500, which is more than a new PC nowadays (yes, I got ripped-off with those 'upgrades', especially the CDROM.

Mine was a 486 with 8Mb of RAM, 40 MB hard disk, a CD-ROM during my 2nd year in university. Can't remember the rest of the specs...

a Amiga 500 :love:

486SX w/ 4mb ram. It had a hard drive but I can't remember what size it was (20mb? 200mb? no idea!). We rented it for a year or so before buying a Pentium I 133mhz. I consider this my first real computer, because I can't distinguish between the two -- I don't remember what I did on one but not the other, but I remember more from what I did on this newer one than the one we rented.

Oh, I had a ZX Spectrum when I was 6. That was the bomb diggy...

My first computer was Commodore 16. Lots of advancement during those 25 years or so :lol:

Mine was an Atari 400. I'd get home from work and play on it for a couple of hours. One (huge) external 5.25 floppy drive, holding an amazing 88KB of data. Or I could use the cassette tape drive for serial access. It had 16K of onboard RAM. (The next year, I got an 800, and maxed it out with 48K! :woohoo: )
atari400.jpg

I don't recall, a standard Dell model from 2000ish?

Something with a 386 and a 300mb hard drive. Windows 3.11. Paint Shop Pro 3 (I think? My cousin pirated it.), and AOL 3. That 56k modem was crazy badass.

An old 386 I used to play police quest on as a kid. I used to watch my dad play Ad&d games, and switch out floppy disks for him. That must have been incredibly boring...

Police Quest! Man, my friend and I loved that crap. We never bothered trying to win, we just tried to figure out how to lose in new ways. Our favorite was "take off your clothes". Yeah... we were twelve or something.

Around the time we got the Aptiva IBM, I also got this little kiddy laptop thing. I remember the awful 8-bit music.

Top Bottom