Small Europe

el_hidalgo

Prince
Small Europe is a small (61x45) map of Europe with historical start locations. For BTS, it is based on the Europe Map 61*45 by KarlX. I like the map and that size a lot, but I wanted make it more geographically accurate. Since it has been reworked so much I decided to release it as a new map.

I tried to cram in as many civilizations as possible, including civilizations that once occupied part of Europe but whose capitals lay elsewhere, outside the map boundaries. Thus I moved the Mongol capital to Old Sarai, the Viking capital to Oslo, the Arabic capital to Baghdad. I've been fiddling with this for a long time, but I've decided to just go ahead and release it. I may update it some more based on any feedback I get.

*****Deleted after 1820 downloads. Update coming soon.

Attachments

• WMed.JPG
    WMed.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,640
  • NEurope.JPG
    NEurope.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • NAtlantic.JPG
    NAtlantic.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,111
  • Med.JPG
    Med.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 917
  • EMed.JPG
    EMed.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 952
It looks great, but quick questions
What geological chenges did you make?
and
What are the civilizations in it?

It looks great, but quick questions
What geological chenges did you make?
and
What are the civilizations in it?

Too many changes to list, and anyway I don't really know since I didn't keep track. But you can compare the following side-by-side screenshots to get an idea of them.

Civs included are: Germany, England, France, Russia, Spain, Arabia, Scandinavia, Ottomans, Mongols (Golden Horde), Rome, Greece, Carthage, Portugal, Netherlands.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 824
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 779
Ahhh I see
I DEFINATELY like the change to Greece and Spain, that always annoyed me
Thanks

Nice little map. I appreciate the capital moving to fit the map, it's an elegant solution.

I feel like you are missing some land here, like the Dutch and German border does not seem right.

I think I see what you mean, and I believe I've fixed it in the latest iteration (which extends further east as well):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9609536

Currently working on a version that includes all of the European landmass. Hopefully I will finish it this week.

Top Bottom