• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

BirdNES 3: Discussions & Questions

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
Welcome to BirdNES 3: Worlds in Collision.​

The game thread will be for rules, maps, updates, diplomacy and IC communication between nations. Spam or other clearly OOC dedicated posts will be deleted from the game thread. In addition, there will be this discussion and question thread for all OOC posts, discussion and communication. Use it freely.

Game maps: In addition to the traditional NESing map that shows political boundaries and important cities, this game will also use other map types. The new worlds will be cloaked at the start of the game and as they are discovered, they will be slowly revealed. In order to make the new lands more easily understood three different kinds of maps will be used. The typical political map will show borders and cites etc. An elevation map will show mountains and highlands (where lower elevations are lighter and higher ones darker with black being the highest peaks). Lastly, a Koppen Geiger climate map will show the climates of areas using standardized colors. A key to the Koppen color scheme is posted on page one of the game thread. For example, the Koppen map of the world shows the Amazon region as a purple color. If an area of the new lands in this game has a similar color, then you may assume that it has a similar climate to that of the Amazon. If the red or orange of the Sahara or other desert regions is replicated in a newly discovered place, then it has a desert climate also. The appropriate elevation maps and Koppen maps will be posted as needed. Climates and terrain will help you make smart military decisions.

Stories: Stories of course should be a part of the game, but I would like to use them differently. I would like players to include one or more short stories (200-600 words) in their orders. The stories should describe in some fashion key events of the turn that they expect to happen. I will then include those stories as part of the update. If an event does not turn out like a player thinks it will, I will adjust it to fit the action in the game. I will provide the additional narratives and transitions needed to complete the update. I am hoping that this will make the updates more interesting to read, and help them come quicker than if I were to write the entire thing. If you plan an assassination, then write it up as you see it unfolding; it might happen just that way, but if your henchman is foiled, I will “twist” your writing to reflect his failure. For those of you who feel inadequate in story writing, just begin slowly with a hundred or so words, I will chip in to smooth any serious rough spots.

Current list of players: Please check for any errors.

Spain: Luckymoose
Ireland: T_F
France: The Strategos
England: Lightfang
Scotland: Foolish Icarus
Brandenburg: Bombshoo
Bavaria: FlyingChicken
Venice: Matt0088
Portugal: Warhead
Austria: Fantasmo
Genoa: Charles Li
Savoy: Churchill25
Milan: Germanicus12

Moscow: das
Teutonic Knights: Fuschia
Kalmar Union: Lord Joakim
Poland: Stuck in Pi
Hungary: Qoou

Vijayanagar: Sp1023
Delhi Sultanate: Carmen510
Ottoman Turks: Azale
Safavids: Shadowbound
China: Nordstream
Japan: HMS Vanguard
Ryukyu: Ninja Dude
Malacca Sultanate: Cynovolans
Ayutthaya: Condor green
Ethiopia: Yui108
Egypt: Abaddon
Songhai: Frozen in Ice
Mughals: Loser

Inka: Soldierchild
Aztecs; Adrogans

House of Zilberschlag: Masada
House of Lee: Alex944
House of Hohenheim: Crezth
Pope: Banana Lee

Please confirm your nation. The game thread will open later this week.

Where is Milan/germanicus12?

I demand recognition! ;)

Yarr, the Austrians be here, matey.

That's how Austrians speak, right? Right?

Confirming Ming China.

Walking like an Egyptian, the only way I know how.

confirming Ethiopia.

The Sublime Ottoman State is hereby confirmed.

Tuetonic Knights are round and about. Just the small matter of me rereading my Prussian history books and I'll be ready to go.

With this We hereby confirm the Muscovite Grand Principality and the Sovereignty of the Entire Rus.

Confirming Mughals!!!

Okay Bird, the more I have read the more I believe the nobles in the Aztec empire were weaker in power so I would like to remove 1 power from them and give it to the emperor as I also think he had a bit more than the other groups.

Poland has been confirmed.

Any idea when the first set of orders will be due? I'm going to be gone this weekend, so I need to do them today if you're thinking then.

Hohenheim is here already, what with the banks and the finances and the mercenary armies.

Top Bottom