Civ IV Demogame IV - Starting the Game

Bowsling

Deity
We really need to get this put together. I want members of the Demogame, veteran and newcomer, to help me get this started.
Any questions are welcome, many players from the old demogames, or the newer demogames (like me) will be able to answer.
I want feedback and assitanse on getting this started. We have a long way to go, and without YOUR help, we will never manage.

So what is your idea for the Dgame 4? You want to go with a traditional Democratic Gov't? I've always liked the old "Prez, Senate/Representatives, Judiciary" 3 branch system.

sure, or we could try your suggestion, just maybe a bit more detail on how the general public will help decide what happens before the democracy.
of course, we could just go with the good 'ol regular demogame

I've played Dgames just about everyway they can be played. One of my favorites was what we called the Fgame. It had a feudal style government that taylored around land-ownership and building armies. It was heavy in RP but took a little away from actual gameplay. This actually made the game more interesting because it more simulated a real civilization ripe with civil conflict. Our Dgames were usually over by the middle ages because we were so far ahead of the AI so the Fgame stretched the game out as some decisions were not the best strategy. I'm up for any kind of game but something different woud be fun.

we can wait until there is more people attending. i'll post an advertisement in the CIII demogame forum for here. in other threads floating around in this forum and the subforum for the old demogame, many say they would like to play a civ IV demogame, but nobody ever checks this forum.

Well, since I've been playing a lot more CivIV lately, I think I would relate to a CivIV Demo better than I would CivIII. (I played a ton of III, but years ago... I would be rather interested to be a part of a new demo, but in a more passive capacity for now. I've never demoed before this revival game, and I haven't done a very good job of committing time to it, so I'd rather not compound that issue.
As I get a little more familiar with the Demo atmosphere (and get myself a little more streamlined) I may be able to commit in a more active manner.

TBH, you really need to make sure that you have a bunch of players who'll make a firm commitment, as as far as I can tell there hasn't been a successful civ4 demogame yet, and TF will be less willing to give you the same resources that he gave previous iterations, and will probably be even less willing to help if your attempt fails as well.

IamJohn, that is why I am waiting to ask for forums until we have more people with a firm commitment. if you look in the archives or the subforum for the old demogame, you will see that there are quite a few successful demogames. Anything you can do to get more players is awesome.

Social Structure System:
Internal Office:

President
Minister of Internal Affairs (Domestic Leader)
Deputy of Internal Affairs
Minister of Labor
Deputy of Labor

Military Office:

Minister of Defense
Deputy of Defense
Military Intelligence Gatherer

Foreign Office:

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Deputy of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Intelligence
Deputy of Intelligence
Foreign Domestics Intelligence Gatherer

Trade Office:

Minister of Trade and Technology
Deputy of Trade and Technology
Trade Intelligence Gatherer

Judicial Office:

Chief Justice
Judge Advocate
Public Defender

Provincial Office:

Governor
Mayors

Minister/Deputy of Labor:

Keeps working laborers healthy and happy, makes any decisions about corporations, co-ordinates spaceship construction. Does anything to do with corporations, religions, and trade routes.

Intelligence gatherers:

Opens save to look at rival's assets in selected office.

Minister/Deputy of Intelligence:

Keeps all gathered intelligence organized, decides ratio of espionage points.

GP control

Prophet: Labor
Merchant: Trade
Artist: Internal Affairs
Engineer: Labor
Scientist: Trade
General: Defense
Spy: Intelligence

Anyone that would play in the demogame please post below. I will wait until fifteen (15) users have posted their commitment for a forum request and a front-page ad.

Oh, I forgot to join. This makes three.
Once we get more players, we can decide the above government type.

Anyway, another option is to combine Athens democracy, Roman republic, and the traditional demogame to fill the patches. We could exile one citizen each term, and he/she must change their residence to outside our own civ, remove their offices, and restrict them to polls and RP. We could also have two presidents instead of one.

I'd like to see another cIV demogame, but I think you should start discussion on even the most basic things before we touch upon a government system (although I would prefer the traditional one.)

Top Bottom