UH 1 (Vietnam helicopter)

Hunter

Civ Addict
I have seen in other threads the mention of a Vietnam Mod and no such mod would be complete without this helicopter. Im not to familuar with its design spesifacatoins but I do love it.

Sorry hit the rong button:confused:

as I was saying:
This unit is one I made a while ago and I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• uh 1.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,530
I like using it as a land unit so as to follow, support and pick up my ground troops (as it was used I believe by the US Air Cavalry). Again I am not to up on its history however I have designed it with side mounted 60cal machineguns, as it is always seen in movies.

Recommend:
Carry Ground Units Only

Attachments

• uh1 image copy.jpg
    uh1 image copy.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,433
Sorry
I ment that it should carry: Foot Units Only

you know what I mean:confused:

very nice job!

You are a life saver, Hunter! :goodjob:

Making it a ground unit would probably be accurate as they were shot down by ground units. But, when you play as the NV the American AI wouldn't know how to use it and would give you a huuuuuge advantage to the point of basically no competition in your own zone.

Should probably just give it more power and unit room then the helicopter.

Can't wait to add this unit! :cool:

I have been using helicopters as land units, all terrain as roads, foot-only for a while, and this will make a nice addition. Though the AI doesnt use it, but heck, I sure love it [dance]

In fact, I have the apache and the "attack copter" as amphibious high-attack land units with very poor defense (too bad they can also capture cities, dang), the original helicopter as a transport for 2 foot, the Hind as a dual attack/transport, and the Aliens dropship as an upgrade for the the Hind. The poor defense represents their lack of ability to defend when attacked (on the ground). I have to experiement with HP bonus of -10, so accidentally entering a zone of control could cause massive havoc. Now, to figure out how to add the Huey :enlighten

Maybe a transport for 1 with no attack but a better defense (but still low). Hmm

BTW, with the heavy artillery now added to my game, the original artillery stays ... and it is a"foot" soldier who can carried in with choppers.:skull:

the huey is capable of carriing 6 troopers / 2 gunners / and the 2 pilots in real life. hope that helps you. as far as the helo. in the game, it's a chinook which was capable of carriing 55 troopers or 2 humm's and crews.

Hmm. Recon, I sure believe that chopper looks like the CH-46, very similar to the CH-47 but with tri-wheel landing gear. Although the lengths are about the same, I believe the Sea Knight is capable of only ~14 fully armed troops plus gunners. And isn't it the CH-53 which can carry up to 55 troops, while the CH-47 can carry ~40? Or have the specs I've read been hokey??

Anyway, thanks for the info, we will all be able to use it (and this cool chopper)!

i'm sorry i should have said which model. i was just talking in general. the ch-46 which is older can carry up to 40 if packed in. and the new model ch-47sd can carry 55 or 2 humm's and crew.

oh. for more info. goto globalsecurity.org. and search for helos.

Uh, one thing... I checked out the attack animations, and for some reason the directions are all messed up. The W and E animations make the Huey point north, while the N points W, and the NW and NE are backwards. Although the SW and SE are pointing the right direction-- if they were animations for NW and NE, instead.

Is this to confuse the enemy? Or just me? :)

lets see up the usual chopper's capacity to 2 and add this with higher defence but only able to carry 1 unit?:confused:

Originally posted by dannyevilcat
Uh, one thing... I checked out the attack animations, and for some reason the directions are all messed up. The W and E animations make the Huey point north, while the N points W, and the NW and NE are backwards. Although the SW and SE are pointing the right direction-- if they were animations for NW and NE, instead.

You've gotta look at where the gun is shooting. :cool:

When the gun is shooting SW (SW attack animation) the nose of the chopper is pointing NW because the machine gunners are shooting out the side. It threw me off the first time I saw it too.

Great unit! :goodjob:

Originally posted by dannyevilcat

The run animation cuts short You have 3 frames of every direction, but only one frame facing north, and No frames facing north-west. Copy/paste, this should be a very easy fix.

GIDustin

Edit: Why I quoted dannyevitcat, I dont know. I guess I need some sleep

As to the guns, well as said earlier the guns were mounted out the side of the chopper (to cover the toops leaving or aproching I think) so its facing north but shooting west or east. I am working on a rocket pack to be mounted on the side for heavy in the field infantry support. Those will fire the way it faces bringing DEATH FROM ABOVE!:nuke:

Also in the photos I have seen most of the guns point out the side ( 60cal or Mini Gun) only the rocets faced forward. Again however I am not a expert just a fan of the this copper.

Lastly the Default animation has the copper on the ground with the doors open to pick up toops and then jumps in the air to run.

Top Bottom