[MODCOMP] 2-Plots City Radius

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
SDK Modcomp for Colonization 1.01

This modcomp makes it so that settlements can work 21 (instead of vanilla 9) squares as in Civ4. Look at the screenshot below.

Min. city range also changed to 2.

Download (815k)

Installation
- Unpack it to your Col2\Mods folder.
- Game Menu: Advanced--Load a Mod--Radius2.

Looks cool! :D

But interested to see how much it imbalances food and population growth.

I'm interested, too, but haven't yet played this mod much. :)

Not having played it yet, I can tell that natural population growth will need to be slowed, and that you should try to allow four people working per building.

Dale, I think such an idea might be useful in a limited scope for AODII.

Perhaps a leader attribute that allows the extra work squares

OR

A building which can only be built once every so-many colonies which expands that work space of that colony only

OR

Enabled by a Founding Father

OR

Not enabled until you reach a culture level for that colony 1 level above what you'd normally expect in Civ 4. eg: Instead of reaching 20 culture points, the next level after that (is it 100 - don't know off hand?)

...or base it on Influence and add it to the Game Options, so players can choose to cover more or less ground.

It is based on influence/Culture. When you found a colony, you start with 9 plots as usual and get access to the larger radius plots as soon as colony cultural level raises.

col2_cityradius2_02.JPG

It is based on influence/Culture. When you found a colony, you start with 9 plots as usual and get access to the larger radius plots as soon as colony cultural level raises.

That's true, but when founding your colony next to a native settlement you get more then 9 plots by buying their land (see screenshot...). The number of plots you buy is defined at the doFound/bBuyLand action in the CvUnit.cpp and refers to the NUM_CITY_PLOTS that you've set to 21.
I've tried a few things and i got good results with simply changing this:
Code:
for (int i = 0; i < NUM_CITY_PLOTS; ++i)
to this:
Code:
for (int i = 0; i < 9; ++i)

Attachments

• Col2Civ4ScreenShot001.JPG
    Col2Civ4ScreenShot001.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,045
Yuck, I hate hardcoded values. They always bite you in the ass later on.

Right, but just change that 9 to a GlobalDefine, NUM_FOUND_CITY_TILES or somthing.

Nice Mod by the way. :king:

i tried out this mod but it doesnt work for me
im not sure if i did something wrong when trying to unzip it to the mod folder, im able to load the mod, but im 200 turns in and my size 24 city still only have 1 radius, even after it has grown in cultural influence several times
im playing with the latest patch does the mod not work with that one?

i tried out this mod but it doesnt work for me
im not sure if i did something wrong when trying to unzip it to the mod folder, im able to load the mod, but im 200 turns in and my size 24 city still only have 1 radius, even after it has grown in cultural influence several times
im playing with the latest patch does the mod not work with that one?

Yes, it works with the patch.
Did you unzip in your C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Mods folder?

yeah but i did it wrong:)
i unzipped it on the desktop and put it in the folder, and it didnt work
now i deleted it and unzipped it directly to the mod folder and its working:)

I like the idea behind this mod but when it is used, it seems to cost more to build near a native settlement. The extra city size also makes it hard to build as close to your other settlements. But the biggest problem is that it is nearly impossible to see the icons in the little plot box using this mod. I kept clicking on the wrong tile. You may want to find a way to make it bigger.

There is any way that I could play this mod AND Age of discovery 2?

Hi Nevermind :)

Just wanted to let you know that I have shamelessly robbed your modcomp and merged it with the Religion and Revolution mod. :)

Seems as if people like your work! :goodjob:

Top Bottom